Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Do Not Pass GO, Do Not Collect $200. First jail sentence emerges from Mueller probe.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Do Not Pass GO, Do Not Collect $200. First jail sentence emerges from Mueller probe. by rinselberg
Started on: 04-03-2018 03:23 PM
Replies: 18 (726 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 04-29-2018 05:11 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ain't got no frie-ends to go our bail... Just send our ma-ail to the Tijuana Jail

A Dutch lawyer tied to former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates became the first person to be sentenced in Robert Mueller's investigation when a federal judge sentenced him on Tuesday to spend 30 days in prison and pay a $20,000 fine after he admitted to lying to investigators.

Alex van der Zwaan, who worked with Gates and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort while he practiced law at a large international firm, admitted to lying and failing to turn over emails to Mueller's team in February.

He was wrapped into the special counsel's investigation last fall after his firm, Skadden Arps, began to cooperate in an investigation of Manafort and Gates' alleged contact with Ukrainians and Russians during the 2016 election. He lied in his first voluntary interview with investigators in November, and according to both Judge Amy Berman Jackson and prosecutor Andrew Weissmann on Tuesday, was "caught red-handed."

Van der Zwaan's communications with Gates and a person with Russian intelligence ties became important to the special counsel's broader investigation, as it pursues crimes related to Russian interference in the 2016 election, Mueller's team has said.
Continued online at CNN(.com)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04...entencing/index.html

It's no longer classified...

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told special counsel Robert Mueller in a classified August 2, 2017, memo that he should investigate allegations that President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort was "colluding with Russian government officials" to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, prosecutors in the Russia probe revealed late Monday night.

Mueller was also empowered by Rosenstein to investigate Manafort's payments from Ukrainian politicians, a cornerstone of the Trump adviser's decades-long lobbying career that has resulted in several financial criminal charges so far.

The revelation of the August 2 memo comes amid a broader court filing from Mueller's prosecutors that offers a full-throated defense of their investigative powers and indictments thus far. In the filing, the special counsel's office argues that a federal judge should not throw out Manafort's case. Manafort has sought to have the case dismissed, arguing that the charges against him are outside of Mueller's authority.

The filing Monday night crystallizes the extent to which Rosenstein, who has come under fire by President Donald Trump and others, has backed the investigation's actions. (Rosenstein oversees Mueller's investigation following Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recusal.)
Continued online at CNN(.com)
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04...tein-memo/index.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the hiatus from the Forum working out rinse?

Lots of hype for a nothing-burger.

Were you expecting a sentence of years and years?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of the younger people that might be looking in. I want to help them make the Pop Culture connections with the latest news headlines.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-03-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How professorial of you.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I was thinking of the younger people that might be looking in. I want to help them make the Pop Culture connections with the latest news headlines.

However all I actually succeeded in doing is once again demonstrating what a sad little man with an unaccomplished life I am and how I have become a pathetic, mentally ill, troll.

Someone please get me help.

I don't need to be reminded that I am not the Poster Boy for perfect mental and emotional well being.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-03-2018).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow !

That $20,000.00 fine will go a long ways to pay Mueller's cost to the taxpayers.

No restitution ? No community service ? 30 days ? He will be out in fifteen with good behavior.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was this woman that failed to turn over emails, I think her name rhymed with Billary...

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 04-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex van der Zwaan. He is now a convicted felon, with very diminished prospects for any kind of future employment as a practicing attorney at law. Especially in the United States.

He could have drawn six months of imprisonment. Or no imprisonment. There was no "ask" from the Special Counsel's office for any specific length of imprisonment.

That's the version of it that I heard.

It's no big deal, this thread. I kind of wanted to see what kind of stupid sh*t someone would likely use to pollute this thread. Someone with a screen name that I do not need to declare.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's no big deal, this thread. I kind of wanted to see what kind of stupid sh*t someone would likely use to pollute this thread. Someone with a screen name that I do not need to declare.

So Ronald admits that he started yet another thread just to troll.

I don't need to be reminded that I am not the Poster Boy for perfect mental and emotional well being.

Yes you do.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-04-2018).]

glane21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for glane21Send a Private Message to glane21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex van der Zwaan. He is now a convicted felon, with very diminished prospects for any kind of future employment as a practicing attorney at law. Especially in the United States.

He could have drawn six months of imprisonment. Or no imprisonment. There was no "ask" from the Special Counsel's office for any specific length of imprisonment.

That's the version of it that I heard.

He’s also married to the daughter of a Russian oligarch. He’s got money falling out of his ass. So I doubt work prospects bother him much. I don’t know why he even showed up. I’d just go to Russia and tell the FBI to go screw first time they tried to question me.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently reading that President Trump is not being looked into at all. He was fully vetted in this case, and Mueller has directed President Trump's lawyers as to such.

Coffeve.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh pickings from MSNBC and from Politico(.com)

The Trump administration nominated Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson to become the new Secretary of Veterans Affairs, but after allegations surfaced, Jackson withdrew himself from further consideration.

What's the punchline?
Click to show

Explain the Pop Culture reference.
Click to show

A judge in a civil lawsuit granted a 90 day postponement of the proceedings, after Trump associate Michael Cohen argued an assertion of his Fifth Amendment protection against the possibility of self-incrimination.

What's the punchline?
Click to show

Explain the Pop Culture reference.
Click to show

Post 'em if you got 'em.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-28-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep getting emails that say Russian women want to meet me. Apparently, I am very popular in Russia.
If I delete the emails, will Mueller have me arrested?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2018 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I keep getting emails that say Russian women want to meet me. Apparently, I am very popular in Russia.

You got her HER chasin ya, and are complaining ???

I dunno man, sell everything you own, send it to her Nigerian agent nd you only need to wait...and wait...and wait..to see your NEW gold-digging ferigner

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The truth is that I do see a professional counselor from time to time. And you know what I said to him, the last time that I had a counseling session? I said this:

Here is some of my usual Fresh pickings from MSNBC and from Politico(.com)

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-28-2018).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2018 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You might want to forward them to Uhlanstan. They were probably meant for him.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You might want to forward them to Uhlanstan. They were probably meant for him.

Perfect

How is he these days?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-29-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in 2008, Trump was part owner of a MMA fight league that folded after only two events. These events included a Russian fighter who was once photographed with one of his fans, Vladimir Putin. The FBI came to visit the fighter in his hotel room last week.

Are they now going to interrogate every maid and dishwasher who ever worked in a Trump hotel to see if any of them enjoyed Alan Arkin's portrayal of a Soviet sub commander in “The Russians are Coming”?

What a profound waste of America's time, money and resources for such a childish reason, just like the child who topples the game board just because he lost at checkers.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-29-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock