Started on: 03-24-2018 11:56 AM
Replies: 74 (1075 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 03-28-2018 11:07 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Hmmm, well had I been asked that question, I would have said those who have served.
But I'm pretty sure that won't fly here.

Rams

No it won't and I fully support that 'won't' part. Many people spend their entire lives 'serving' this country at great risk every day and never carried a weapon or wore a military uniform, AND, a great many of those who did wear a military uniform never owned a sq inch of property while they were in uniform. The guys that fix the power lines when my electricity goes out and the nurses that care for me and people with deadly & often communicable diseases are an integral part of this nation. They've earned their right to vote and/or carry arms just as much as I have. I'm no more/better an American than anyone else. I do NOT believe in '2nd class' citizens and neither does the Constitution I took an oath to uphold and protect.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69672 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Do people have a right to advocate, the abolishment of natural rights belonging to others? Should that be a felonious act?

Study the Constitution and you'll have your answer.

RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With each progressive generation we have increasingly become insulated from the core values that we established and held dear as a nation. It's a difficult conversation to have, such as saying, "I had to walk two miles to and from school everyday." Kids laugh of the absurdity, and yet we have worked so hard so they can have, and never have to, walk that far for something. In our efforts to keep them safe, comfort them, and shield them from the pains of life, we have inadvertently created a generation of naïve, egotistical, and arrogant deserving children. They will soon be adults. This is no mystery, but what is the solution?

The answer is not what we expected, wanted, but what is needed.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

No it won't and I fully support that 'won't' part. Many people spend their entire lives 'serving' this country at great risk every day and never carried a weapon or wore a military uniform, AND, a great many of those who did wear a military uniform never owned a sq inch of property while they were in uniform. The guys that fix the power lines when my electricity goes out and the nurses that care for me and people with deadly & often communicable diseases are an integral part of this nation. They've earned their right to vote and/or carry arms just as much as I have. I'm no more/better an American than anyone else. I do NOT believe in '2nd class' citizens and neither does the Constitution I took an oath to uphold and protect.

I did not suggest how a citizen could serve but, I got the response I expected. Most take their rights for granted and do not appreciate the sacrifice others have given to acquire and preserve those rights.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

[/hide][/hide]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by olejoedad:
Emma Gonzalez is the child of Cuban immigrants.
Perhaps it's not as conspiratorial as it is made out to be.....

In an ironic twist, he parents migrated here when Fidel Castro seized all guns and outlawed them.

Originally posted by olejoedad:
cliffw....

"Some people" is what the conversation should be about.

- adjudicated as mentally unfit? ✓
- violent felon? ✓
- under the influence? ✓
- habitual substance abuse? ✓

Good points worthy of discussion. MidEngineManiac covered it well enough.

I might add even a guy under the influence might have a need for self protection. I know for a fact most hunters do a lot of drinking (judging by the many extra patrons at the local taverns and the purchases they make at the grocery stores).
Also mental health issues reported to the government opens a whole new can of worms, not to mention violates HIPPA rights.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of the items on the list that I presented are covered by current regulation.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All of the items on the list that I presented are covered by current regulation.

I was under the impression all Felons are denied gun rights.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2018 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Click to show

I am a renter. I am a business owner. Our townhouse is absolutely immaculate. I am not section 8. I have never taken a government handout. I have been an active member of my community my entire life no matter where I have lived. We are not transients. We vote.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get a chance to watch much of the protest footage. Was this a part of the protest?

https://www.google.com/sear...ng&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Nah, didn't think so.

Distracted Driving 2015

Ten percent of fatal crashes, 15 percent of injury crashes,
and 14 percent of all police-reported motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015 were reported as distraction-affected
crashes.

In 2015, there were 3,477 people killed and an estimated
additional 391,000 injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers.

Nine percent of all drivers 15 to 19 years old involved in
fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of the
crashes. This age group has the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted at the time of the fatal crashes.

In 2015, there were 551 nonoccupants (pedestrians, bicyclists,
and others) killed in distraction-affected crashes.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pigs led by a Hogg.

The usual trash left by the left.

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6: Do people have a right to advocate, the abolishment of natural rights belonging to others?

Yes, they do. And everyone else has the right to tell them they're a bunch of morons.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2018 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Of course, and some home owners are as bad as the worst renters.

FYI, I did not neg you.

I was only responding. I tried to not be negative toward you. Thank you for returning the kindness.

Edit: Yuppers, every time the "Democrats" have a rally, others are left to clean up after them. I find that hypocritical.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-26-2018).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2018 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I was under the impression all Felons are denied gun rights.

If you have a little time, why not read up on the current Federal Firearms Laws?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...in_the_United_States

Certainly not the definitive source, but highlights most and identifies the regulations for further research if you are so inclined.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-26-2018).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, what do you know. That teenage activist Hogg, wasn't even at the school during the shooting. He just rode his bike from home to the school after he heard about it so he could do interviews and such. Go to 4:22 of this recording to hear him state that.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...ture=player_embedded

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 03-27-2018).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:
Well, what do you know. That teenage activist Hogg, wasn't even at the school during the shooting. He just rode his bike from home to the school after he heard about it so he could do interviews and such. Go to 4:22 of this recording to hear him state that.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...ture=player_embedded

Is there a perception that the young Hogg (technically, a "weaner") has been deceptive on this point?

Is there a perception that he has tended to present himself as having been present on the campus during the entire crime, or overlapping with the time interval during which the actual crime occurred?

I've been skipping over this part of the news coverage, preferring to experience the salacious undercurrent that accompanies the legal maneuvering related to Non-Disclosure Agreements, and the spy novel-like intrigue of the Special Counsel's investigations.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Is there a perception that the young Hogg (technically, a "weaner") has been deceptive on this point?

Is there a perception that he has tended to present himself as having been present on the campus during the entire crime, or overlapping with the time interval during which the actual crime occurred?

I've been skipping over this part of the news coverage, preferring to experience the salacious undercurrent that accompanies the legal maneuvering related to Non-Disclosure Agreements, and the spy novel-like intrigue of the Special Counsel's investigations.

So you've been paying attention to a nothing burger and ignoring the Big Mac?

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess that was Too Much Information, on my part.

I have not followed the March For Our Lives movement or any (hardly) of the news reports about it.

I have been aware of this Hogg fellow.

Does the fact that he was not on campus during the shooting (or at least, not there when the shooting started) detract from his status or legitimacy as an advocate or interlocutor for the groups and individuals that want to Plus Up on firearms-related legislation and other government-involved projects and programs that are conceived with the ideas of improving gun safety and reducing the number of criminal homicides and injuries from actions that involve privately owned firearms across the country?

I am looking at this from "10,000 feet."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-27-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2018 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tool of the left (Hogg) told many that he was there. Facts. News agencies reported this.

The truth always comes out.

I have worked too hard in life to have a child tell me what to do.

I like this bloke from time to time...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-27-2018).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am honestly unclear on the answer. The 1st doesn't cover everything, as I am sure you are aware.
Violence would almost have to be enacted to confiscate arms from lawful owners, and I believe it to be in the realm of possibility that gun confiscation will be successfully lobbied. .

A few examples of speech that is not protected...
https://www.business2commun...esnt-protect-0129234

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-27-2018).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Pigs led by a Hogg.

The usual trash left by the left.

Leaving trash and blocking streets and sidewalks in protest is counter-productive. I'm surprised that they didn't provide for clean up or that they left that trash to begin with.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2018 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Al Sharpton's brother indicted on murder by gun 36 hours after being a speaker at the #metoo rally.

Click to show
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-27-2018).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NBC claimed that their were 800K who attending the March for Our Lives fest.

But CBS actually claimed the more accurate number of 200K.

NBC <---- Remember that. The network of Maddow and the left. They are fake news.

https://ijr.com/2018/03/107...march-for-our-lives/
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

NBC claimed that their were 800K who attending the March for Our Lives fest.

But CBS actually claimed the more accurate number of 200K.

NBC <---- Remember that. The network of Maddow and the left. They are fake news.

[URL=https://ijr.com/2018/03/1079339-nbc-800000-march-for-our-lives/]https://ijr.com/2018/03/107...march-for-our-lives/[/URL

Pssssssst...page 1

SO....The "big march" this weekend ended up with only approx. 25% of the 800k attendees that the leftists claimed.

It seems as though the "astroturf" of using kids to push their gun grabbing isn't as deep as they would like us all to believe.
"More than 200,000 people attended the March for Our Lives demonstration in Washington D.C. on Saturday, according to Digital Design & Imaging Service Inc (DDIS). The Virginia-based firm uses a proprietary method for calculating crowd size using aerial photos.

The peak crowd size was 202,796 people, with a margin of error of 15 percent, the firm said. The crowd reached its largest size at 1 p.m., according to the company's estimates.

The organizers put the total number of attendees at closer to 800,000." (...of course they did. They didn't think anyone else was counting...)

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...-attended-d-c-march/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-27-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Leaving trash and blocking streets and sidewalks in protest is counter-productive. I'm surprised that they didn't provide for clean up or that they left that trash to begin with.

It is pretty low and despicable for someone to BARGE in like that and then RUN AWAY and LEAVE THE MESS for somebody to clean up isn't it?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do people have a right to advocate, the abolishment of natural rights belonging to others? Should that be a felonious act?

I am honestly unclear on the answer. The 1st doesn't cover everything, as I am sure you are aware.

Allow me to clear that up for you. You answered your own question.

... advocate the abolishment of natural rights belonging to others?.

How 'bouts I advocate the abolishment of your natural right to breathe air ?

Does the First Amendment, Freedom of Speech, allow me to make it happen ? By killing you. To voice my displeasure in anybody wanting to take my natural rights away.

Who would you advocate to ? God himself ?

So you've been paying attention to a nothing burger and ignoring the Big Mac?

Funny stuff right there, .

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Does the fact that he was not on campus during the shooting (or at least, not there when the shooting started) detract from his status or legitimacy as an advocate or interlocutor for the groups and individuals that want to Plus Up on firearms-related legislation and other government-involved projects and programs that are conceived with the ideas of improving gun safety and reducing the number of criminal homicides and injuries from actions that involve privately owned firearms across the country?

Now, that is a run on sentence if I ever saw one. I am going to give you double points because it was a question.

The answer to your question ...
No.

Have you ever heard of stolen valor ?

Hogg is just another Lady Gaga, more like a want to be. He has his gig going and he is riding it. His fifteen minutes of fame will soon be up and he will not be in any kind of a history book.

Leaving trash and blocking streets and sidewalks in protest is counter-productive.

You think that they left the trash "in protest" ?

Seriously ?

Those are the people who want to run our nation.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-28-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hogg is just another Lady Gaga, more like a want to be. He has his gig going and he is riding it. His fifteen minutes of fame will soon be up and he will not be in any kind of a history book.

Actually the little Hogg is the new Cindy Shehan.

Remember that nut case?

The latest "Hogg wash" will be over sooner than Cindy was once he has outlived his usefulness to the leftists.

His "sell by date" is the next mass shooting, at which point he becomes much less relevant as a useful "victim" / "survivor" prop to trot out.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You think that they left the trash "in protest" ?

Seriously ?

Those are the people who want to run our nation.

You misunderstand me. I didn't mean to imply that the trash was a form of protest. I was saying that if you want to protest, don't leave trash. Unless you want to make people angry with you instead of supporting your cause. It is counter productive. Goes against whatever you are trying to accomplish. You're not the first person to take something I said the wrong way. Probably due to my lack of communication skill.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You misunderstand me.
You're not the first person to take something I said the wrong way. Probably due to my lack of communication skill.

It's all good. You cleared it up.

Leaving trash and blocking streets and sidewalks in protest while protesting is counter-productive.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All these 'kids' are just supporting the fact they are all growing up to be morons. Like the media and liberals they will never understand, no matter HOW MANY times we say it, that guns are NOT the problem. Criminals and looneys dont care about laws...no matter how many thousands of gun laws they make. They will get and use a gun somehow...or use another means...to do what they want. These kids demand change and its real simple. The BIGGEST common denominator in every school shooting is the shooter is either a/ mentally ill, or b/bullied, teased or otherwise mistreated by THEIR FELLOW STUDENTS. If they didnt do this behavior in the first place they wouldnt pizz off the target kid till they snap and decide to do something to them to get even. So to me...its mostly ON THE STUDENTS THEMSELVES, and their parents incompetent raising, that they are not safe in their schools. Like the saying goes, poke a bear with a stick often enough they will poke back. They want to stop being shot just stop bullying the ones not in their little clique or those they feel are inferior to them to the point they want to kill someone. Trying to force new gun laws wont do crap, no matter how many more you make. IF they want to get you they can just pull a fire alarm and mow down hundreds on the sidewalks outside with a hot wired school bus. They dont have to have a gun.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is pretty low and despicable for someone to BARGE in like that and then RUN AWAY and LEAVE THE MESS for somebody to clean up isn't it?

Cliff showed me my communication error.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually the little Hogg is the new Cindy Shehan.

Remember that nut case?

The latest "Hogg wash" will be over sooner than Cindy was once he has outlived his usefulness to the leftists.

Yeah, Cindy SheMan, a more apt comparison.

Do you remember Sandra Fluke ? The rich biatch going to an Ivy league college who wanted us to pay for her birth control. I think she ran, tried to run for State congress, (or was it National Congress ?)

I think SheMan did also. I expect Hogg to do the same. His slogan ?
"Vote For Boss Hogg".

I am not. Typical leftist behavior. It happens after every leftist rally.

Allow me to paint a picture for you

Nobama Inauguration / Glen Beck Tea Party Rally

Click to show

Did you see the filth left after Occupy Wall Street ?

Yet the looney lefties claim that their cause is to protect the environment. Heh, they preach it to us, .

EDIT
To fix picture forum page stretch.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

36000 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Funny stuff right there Mr Kania.
Hmm ... I wish I could make videos like that. Think of the fun I could have. All the topics I could put in his mouth. Think of the embarrassment I could cause for that piglet.

I always loved these ...

Hitlers reaction to Donald Trump winning the election ?

Heh ... Ozzy Osborn and Lita Ford made a great duet song and others have done the same.

If I could make one of those videos, ... , I would include SheMan, Fluke, Hogg, the list of leftist nutjobs is endless
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NSFW Rap music and swearing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock