Started on: 01-12-2018 05:42 PM
Replies: 85 (1768 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 01-18-2018 11:52 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

This text, is textbook bigotry. An example of prejudice and racism.
He just put an entire race of Americans in a negative light, based solely on skin color. As if none of them accually worked hard or studied for an education.
I don't typically call people names, but I think Threedog, that Sad-dog fits you fine.

You guys have proven that it doesn't matter if I say it nicely or honestly, you ignore the facts either way. I get called names because I have an opinion that doesn't toe your party line, you don't like that.

You guys were just as triggered from me politely siting sources and responding in this way, and again, it just proves you don't like the truth.

Not once have I had a single study, field experiment, or stats analysis linked. 99% of the time I do not have anyone "politely" disagree with me.

You live in your own world, and this forum is an extension of it. You have surrounded yourself with like minded people so you don't have to hear the truth, because the truth makes you uncomfortable. Its a fact that your lives are easy, and you are standing on top of your hill kicking off anyone else who dares try to get a life as easy as yours. I won't be banned because I can not be bothered to visit O/T more than once a month, but hopefully I will remind you that just because you found 8 or 9 other people to talk to online doesn't mean the whole country thinks in the backwards and selfish ways that you do.
IP: Logged
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2018 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

You guys have proven that it doesn't matter if I say it nicely or honestly, you ignore the facts either way. I get called names because I have an opinion that doesn't toe your party line, you don't like that.

You guys were just as triggered from me politely siting sources and responding in this way, and again, it just proves you don't like the truth.

Not once have I had a single study, field experiment, or stats analysis linked. 99% of the time I do not have anyone "politely" disagree with me.

You live in your own world, and this forum is an extension of it. You have surrounded yourself with like minded people so you don't have to hear the truth, because the truth makes you uncomfortable. Its a fact that your lives are easy, and you are standing on top of your hill kicking off anyone else who dares try to get a life as easy as yours. I won't be banned because I can not be bothered to visit O/T more than once a month, but hopefully I will remind you that just because you found 8 or 9 other people to talk to online doesn't mean the whole country thinks in the backwards and selfish ways that you do.

Propaganda, not facts...
Try reading something that wasn't written by a person with your exact mentality.
"The criminal histories of 251,000 criminal aliens showed that they had committed close to three million criminal offenses."
https://www.heritage.org/im...are-the-real-problem

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-13-2018).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Propaganda, not facts...
Try reading something that wasn't written by a person with your exact mentality.
"The criminal histories of 251,000 criminal aliens showed that they had committed close to three million criminal offenses."
https://www.heritage.org/im...are-the-real-problem

Thank you for providing that.

This quote is by far my biggest issue:

Once again, these statistics are not fully representative of crimes committed by illegal aliens — this report only reflects the criminal histories of aliens who were in prison. If there were a way to include all crimes committed by criminal aliens, the numbers would likely be higher since prosecutors often drop criminal charges against an illegal alien if immigration authorities will deport the alien.

This shows the bias of the author. The other huge issue is that the report does not include 'illegal aliens' who never got arrested. There is no substantial evidence that the people coming to this country(either illegally or legally) are committing crimes at a higher rate. If you only interview/take data from prisoners, of course it will look bad..
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This shows the bias of the author. The other huge issue is that the report does not include 'illegal aliens' who never got arrested. There is no substantial evidence that the people coming to this country(either illegally or legally) are committing crimes at a higher rate. If you only interview/take data from prisoners, of course it will look bad..

Not bias, I have personally witnessed serious charges dropped, for agreement to deportation. This is 1st hand. The biggest problem is none of these crimes should have occurred, they should not have been here.
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You guys have proven that it doesn't matter if I say it nicely or honestly,

I never said that you are a mean person, I said you are honestly racist.
Being mean is not required of a racist.

you ignore the facts either way. I get called names because I have an opinion that doesn't toe your party line, you don't like that.

You are very much about opinion, rather than facts.
There are many opinions on the OT section of PFF that I do not agree with. But racism perpetrated by any color of person should not be tolerated.

"Triggered" LOL, you said triggered.
We reacted to your racism, and blatant bias.
"don't like truth", and we also reacted to your bigotry and ignorance.

Silence is a form of polite disagreement. But you fail to give credit to those that polity dissagree with you.

You live in your own world, and this forum is an extension of it. You have surrounded yourself with like minded people so you don't have to hear the truth, because the truth makes you uncomfortable.

You make blanket statements about people that you don't even know.

Its a fact that your lives are easy, and you are standing on top of your hill kicking off anyone else who dares try to get a life as easy as yours.

Is it really fact, or just your opinion?
I believe that you have yet again demonstrated your bigotry.

I won't be banned because I can not be bothered to visit O/T more than once a month, but hopefully I will remind you that just because you found 8 or 9 other people to talk to online doesn't mean the whole country thinks in the backwards and selfish ways that you do.

This forum does not represent the entire Country, but some would say that a great number of the American public is backwards thinking and selfish. I just admit that this is my opinion and I do not try to fool anyone into thinking it is a "fact".

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 01-14-2018).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

One of my friends who goes to both countries now and then for work has told me this EXACT thing (what the picture above represents).

Haiti's government is so corrupt, that it's become a way of life there... which is sad. The reason why there are no trees is because that's how they cook their food, by burning trees for firewood... so they literally have deforestation.

Corruption has become a way of life in Haiti.

When will you stop living in fear and realize how good you all have it?

You act like you all had the toughest time that you had to overcome.

You literally had it the easiest of any single group of people in human history.

ThreeDog, has it ever occurred to you that everyone else here DOES know how good we have it as a country... and... that's why we fight hard to keep it that way?

I'm not sure there's any country in the United States, that knows better than what it's like to "overcome" an oppressive regime through rebels and revolution and create the greatest set of governing documents in the world.

ThreeDog... I'm sheltered. I know I am, but I can assure you that I've known and seen first hand the worst poverty this world has to offer. I am fully supportive about bringing in the cold, tired, and hungry. But we have to agree to eliminating open welfare entitlements. Are you OK with that? You can't have an open welfare system, and then invite the entire world's poor... our country will collapse under it's own weight, and then we'll be no better off. We HAVE to take care of ourselves before we can help others, otherwise we're no good to anyone.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 01-14-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, we have a fair amount of sh*tholes right here, pretty much all run by Liberals -
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I am fully supportive about bringing in the cold, tired, and hungry. But we have to agree to eliminating open welfare entitlements. Are you OK with that? You can't have an open welfare system, and then invite the entire world's poor... our country will collapse under it's own weight, and then we'll be no better off. We HAVE to take care of ourselves before we can help others, otherwise we're no good to anyone.

This is the grim reality of Kennedy's open immigration policy since '65.
Immigration historically has gone in spurts, primarily to allow the integration of the foreigners into our society.
I grew up with the term "melting pot".
Today we have "chunks" in the pot that aren't melting.
Too much diversity is not good for our society, we see that today.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am extremely happy with the life that I am working to build. It matters not what others think or believe. One person's false online opinion of me does nothing to change the 45 years gained. Nothing.

Racism is the shunning of another human. I just read racism from a public school teacher on a public forum. One needs to understand that what you write here can be used against you in the court of law. One should also understand that a screen name is not protection from ones own words. I am not threatening threedog in any way. I am only posting lawful facts for him and others to read and act accordingly. If you work on the public's paycheck, then you need to be held accountable for the position held. Racism in public schooling is frowned upon.

Again, a screen name or avatar is not anonymity, nor does it protect one from illegal actions.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
So, there are these 8 or so folks sitting around a table. These men have been in thousands of conversations with each other over the course of many years. When, out of left field, another man sits right on the center of the table. This man was not even a man when these conversations began. Not only does he interrupt the conversation currently going on, but he begins to kick all of the earned belongings of the other men onto the floor. He then orders drinks for the rest of the bar on the tables tab. One in which he has no indication of contributing to? He then berates all at the table telling the others how terribly easy they have it, while taking things that do not belong to him.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

So, there are these 8 or so folks sitting around a table. These men have been in thousands of conversations with each other over the course of many years. When, out of left field, another man sits right on the center of the table. This man was not even a man when these conversations began. Not only does he interrupt the conversation currently going on, but he begins to kick all of the earned belongings of the other men onto the floor. He then orders drinks for the rest of the bar on the tables tab. One in which he has no indication of contributing to? He then berates all at the table telling the others how terribly easy they have it, while taking things that do not belong to him.

Nice analogy!
I like it!

PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And still not a man to this day.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one is saying we should let every person who wants in to this country,

*Some on the left are saying exactly that.

but if you are asking why would let anyone from a 'bad' country in like captain douchebag in the whitehouse,

*This is rude and immature. It undermines your credibility.

you are not a true American and truly ignorant of history.

*You are certainly not the arbiter of who is a “true American” or qualified to judge one's ignorance.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breath free".

The terrible part is not that he called them "shithole countries". The terrible part is that he asked "Why are we letting them come here??"

*Asking a question is not terrible, it is the first step toward wisdom.

If you're neighbors house is on fire, you don't turn away their kids.

*I will most certainly turn the kids away if they are the ones who lit the fire.

This country is built on immigrants from "shithole" countries, thats what makes this country great,

*We are all descended from immigrants, many of whom contributed to America's exceptionalism. The issue is illegal immigration. You do not seem to understand the difference.

and **** you if you think otherwise because you're unequivocally wrong.

*This is rude, immature and inaccurate. It undermines your credibility.

I will deconstruct the remainder of your childish drivel when and if it amuses me.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breath.

Oh my. Where in the Constitution does it say that ?
In fact, in the Constitution it says the President can decide who can come.

That you claim that a feel good plaque is official policy says much about you. I wonder why it doesn't say "come one, come all" ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just heard that Senator David Purdue (R) from Georgia has denied that President Trump used the words S***hole Countries.

Actually, according to Perdue, the President said S***hole Nations.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2018 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"We are talking in too many people from **** hole countries."

Reaction -- Trump is a racist for calling minority countries **** holes.

"We are sending people from El Salvador back since they have been here since 2001."

Reaction -- Trump is a racist for sending people back to such a **** hole.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You were born into the easy life, and you are scared of someone just MOVING into your neighborhood(despite the fact that immigrants are generally better, safer citizens than natives source) and you are telling them that they don't have the balls?

And as usual, you eat up what you are fed and do no analytical thinking or fact finding to evaluate what you are reading. Instead you say this article says! Yes, let's look what this article said and evaluate it.

The council analyzed data from the Census’ 2010 American Community Survey and found that about 1.6 percent of all immigrant males (Census does not specify legal status) between 18 and 39 years old were incarcerated, compared to 3.3 percent of the native-born population.

Well yes, 3.3% is bigger than 1.6% however this is comparing two groups of unequal numbers. Say you have 100 people and 3.3% of them count for the incarceration rate. You have another group of 10 people and 1.6% of them count for the incarceration rate. That's 3.3 people from the first group in jail. If we make the second group equal in number to the 100 people in the first that's 16 people incarcerated or 16% incarceration rate roughly 5 times that of the other group. Immigrant population is going to be a fraction of native born. There is not going to be 50% of native born being immigrants. I'd be surprised if it was more than 25%. Either way at 50%, 1.6 would become 3.2 if we equalize the population to make a fair comparison. What does this tell us? It tells us that the larger population segment counts for more crime but at a much lower percent of occurrence compared to the smaller population segment. I'll see if I can find actual numbers we can compare, let me go search.

Found some numbers to illustrate the point. Immigrants count for 14.4% of US population. That's roughly 47 million people. If sex make up is comparable then about half of those are male. so 23.5 million for all males as I could not find an age group break down. There are roughly 112 million native born males in the US across all age groups as again finding the age group break down is going to take awhile as I would probably have to find a by year then add each year of age and I'm not going through that much work. Either way, we are looking at immigrants counting for just over 20% of the entire US male population. So you are comparing a number roughly 1/5th the size to another. You would have to multiply that number by 5 to compare or divide the other by 5 to compare. So while in total they may count for a lower number, they commit more crime in comparison. Meaning of course a much smaller segment of population is going to count for a smaller number of total incarcerations but that doesn't mean they commit crime less frequently in their demographic than another much larger segment of population does. By the way, that means if we adjust for equal population numbers, native borns would become .66% compared to 1.6% immigrant or if we go the other way 3.3% native to 8% immigrant. From that we can see that the rate of occurrence is much higher in the immigrant category.

I covered this in past threads where we found that while Muslim males may count for a very small amount of violence in the US, that violence actually occurs at 5 times the rate among the Muslim population in comparison to the rest of the US. Of course if you compare what happens in a group of 100 people to what happens in a group of 500 then 100 is going to be smaller. But if you adjust that 100 to be the same total as the 500 then you get an accurate comparison and low and behold you find out real comparable totals.

I don't know why I bother with this anyways though as it will still not help you think critically. You will continue to lap up what you read without thinking about what it really means. Like the person I saw post the other day about Wal-Mart laying off 100,000 people in January and closing 250 Sam's Club stores. Let's ignore how many of those 100,000 they laid off were hired for seasonal help and not even consider if they are opening more Wal-Mart's or Sam's Clubs in other areas where they will be more profitable.

Whatever though. I'm out. Enjoy your false reality.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 01-15-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like someone just got their shiny new ratings bar and it isn't what they thought it would be.

It is however almost exactly what everyone else here expected.

Liars and cowards don't fare well anywhere kid. Maybe a nice frozen dildo will ease your butt hurt.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might as well give up, guys. The truth is out. We own Fieros because the sunroof allows us to drive while wearing the pointy white hat.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
I grew up with the term "melting pot".
Today we have "chunks" in the pot that aren't melting.
Too much diversity is not good for our society, we see that today.

I don't think to much cultural diversity is a bad thing, but I do think that many small countries within our Country is a bad thing. That is, I think it is bad for our Country that people migrate here, legally or illegally and attempt to bring their country with them and NOT assimilate into America.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I don't think to much cultural diversity is a bad thing, but I do think that many small countries within our Country is a bad thing. That is, I think it is bad for our Country that people migrate here, legally or illegally and attempt to bring their country with them and NOT assimilate into America.

United we stand, divided we fall.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Might as well give up, guys. The truth is out. We own Fieros because the sunroof allows us to drive while wearing the pointy white hat.

I don't mind the pointy white hat sticking trough the sunroof, but that Papal staff keeps hitting the garage door.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

............................. Maybe a nice frozen dildo will ease your butt hurt.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

I am not attacking you. I am using your post as an example.

Randye gets a face palm for that, yet Threedog can call an entire forum racist? Too often one only reads a part of the story then comments. Members can be absolutely perfect for years and years, then get a negative or such for one belief.

This internet has become a shithole.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not attacking you. I am using your post as an example.

Randye gets a face palm for that, yet Threedog can call an entire forum racist? Too often one only reads a part of the story then comments. Members can be absolutely perfect for years and years, then get a negative or such for one belief.

This internet has become a shithole.

That in no way was not agreeing with or a negative towards Randye. I'm usually in his corner as well as yours. It was more like OMG, I've never heard it put that way before, and loved it!!!! Inasmuch as TheeDog's comments, I'm so tired of the bull crap that comes out of his post, I usually scroll right past his. I can get more of an intelligent conversation from a rock. At least, rocks do have purposes.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

I can get more of an intelligent conversation from a rock.

That's basically how I feel every time someone wants to compare 2 different unequal population segments without comparing what the numbers would mean if the 2 segments were made equal in size.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 01-15-2018).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please do not think that I am portraying you in a negative light. Not that my opinion should count, but you have always been rated a positive by me. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Enjoy your day.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hahah... that's messed up.

I don't know why I thought of this, but when I was 18/19 and living in South Florida... I rented an apartment in Fort Lauderdale, and drove my Fiero every day. It was ~1997 and my Fiero was an 87, so about 10 years old (so still a decent car at the time with decent mileage).

The apartment complex was gated, and even had a security guard. Although I HAD the proximity RFID key card to get in, my Fiero was low enough to the ground that I could literally drive under the gate, so I used to do it ALL the time. The security guard would get SO angry that he'd hop in his golf cart and try to chase me down, but the apartment had a garage so I'd go and park in there.

I had every right to be in there, but I still did it.

Then one day the front office called me and told me not to do it anymore. Hahah...

They ended up spending like over 20 thousand dollars (so they told me), buying all new arm mechanisms and pedestal bases in order to lower the gate so I couldn't drive under it.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2018 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22881 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Please do not think that I am portraying you in a negative light. Not that my opinion should count, but you have always been rated a positive by me. I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Enjoy your day.

I just checked, I have ThreeDog also rated as a positive too... I had to double-check because I wasn't sure. I'm not a big fan of rating anyone negative. It's been a LONG time since I've done that.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2018 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I just checked, I have ThreeDog also rated as a positive too... I had to double-check because I wasn't sure. I'm not a big fan of rating anyone negative. It's been a LONG time since I've done that.

My post was not for threedog, but I do have him as a positive. If only for knowledge.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-15-2018).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Secretary of DHS testifies under oath she did not hear POTUS use the word "sh*t hole".
https://www.google.com/amp/...y.com/amp/1036089001

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-16-2018).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001

He said it. No doubt about it. I have been messaging about this in the other thread. The one that begins with "Donnie..."

You want to reconsider yet? Your hate has blinded your intelligence.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The uproar isn't really whether he said it or not. It's the fact he had to 'gall' to actually say openly, what a very large part of the political world and general public thinks every day.
I've been to ****hole countries. Got there thinking they were ****hole countries and left there thinking they were ****hole countries, but have also been to ****hole states. Mississippi, Louisiana, and California, in no particular order, top the list.
Appalachia is next in line.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just heard that Senator David Purdue (R) from Georgia has denied that President Trump used the words S***hole Countries.

Tony Kania replied to this with the "BS" emoji

I was JOKING. I thought the picture of Carmen Miranda would clarify that, if anyone had any doubt.

When I looked in on MSNBC on Monday--Deadline White House with Nicole Wallace--it was being said that someone speaking for the White House, or maybe one of the President's Republican sidekicks in Congress, was asserting that the President did not refer to any of the nations of the continent of Africa as S***hole Countries. The assertion was that the President had actually used the construct S***house Countries. So, a bleep-HOUSE, not a bleep-HOLE. Sounds like a Distinction Without A Difference. Or a Difference Without A Distinction. Or a Moot Point.

As far as the "card" that has been played here by dennis_6, that the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has now put herself on record as saying that the President did not say anything at that meeting that could be taken as either Vulgar or Racist--I dunno. I haven't seen or read that report.

Remember, this is not a Court Room. I am not in a position to be as deliberate and thorough about this as if it were a Trial in front of a Judge.

My "money" is still where I had it from the Get Go. I think the President said something that was "juicy" enough for Dick Durbin to go public with in the way that Dick Durbin did, and for Lindsey Graham to have chastised the President for it, even though I have not seen an accounting of exactly what Lindsey Graham said to the President when Lindsey Graham "said his piece" about it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-16-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Know where our money is?

On the "don't give a rat's ass" spot.

And the odd's are in our favor.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This seems like an appropriate time to drop this right here:

In 2013, Politico reported:

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told [President Barack Obama]: I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend.

However, both the White House and the House speaker’s office denied Durbin’s account of events.

Asked about the post in the White House daily briefing, press secretary Jay Carney said he checked with a participant of the meeting in question.
“I looked into this and spoke with somebody who was in that meeting and it did not happen,” Carney said.

https://www.dailywire.com/n...-white-ryan-saavedra

If a leftist liberal's lips are moving or their fingers are on the keyboard, it's a safe bet they're LYING.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-16-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock