Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Right Wing Alternative Reality Bubble. Charlie Sykes talks about his new book.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Right Wing Alternative Reality Bubble. Charlie Sykes talks about his new book. by rinselberg
Started on: 12-13-2017 11:12 PM
Replies: 19 (398 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 12-14-2017 09:46 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Semi-retired political commentator Charlie Sykes joined MSNBC's Chuck Todd back on October 5 to talk about Sykes' new book How The Right Lost Its Mind.
NBC News online video segment; 7 minutes.
https://www.nbcnews.com/mee...bubble-1063729219664

Backgrounder on Charlie Sykes in the Los Angeles Times.
Mark Z. Barabak; January 30, 2017.
"How a top conservative radio host took on Trump, lost his audience and faith, but gained a new perspective."
http://beta.latimes.com/pol...adio-2017-story.html

How The Right Lost Its Mind, by Charlie Sykes, was published at the beginning of October, 2017. It is one of literally millions of books that I have never read and most likely never will read, except maybe for some small to middling-sized excerpts, which I might read in connection with my never-ending pursuit of Internet Cyber_Presence and "rinselberg" Brand Name Recognition.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-13-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MENTALLY ILL CALIFORNIA LEFTIST MAKES ANOTHER DUPLICATE BUTT HURT POST

Posting Rules by Cliff Pennock

Do not start threads about other threads.
So you get in a heated discussion in one of the threads. You get the feeling you are not getting your point across. So you feel the need to start a new thread explaining what you meant in the first thread. Don't. Since there's already a thread on the subject, say it there.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-13-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again with the kindness from a left leaning forum member.

I can just feel the love. You put a lot of work into this Ronald. You are still a consamant liar.

Click to show

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 12-13-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the o/p at least get paid by the book author for posting the spam
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Semi-retired ...

Ok, I made it that far. What next ?

Who is Charlie Sykes ?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Again with the kindness from a left leaning forum member.

Must be going for some kind or record.

Instead of getting caught in another LIE and just doubling down on it, it looks like tripling down, or even more, is the goal now.

Complaining that others are breaking the posting rules while simultaneously breaking the posting rules themselves seems to be a fad with someone now too.

It's a shame that the ability to simply MAN UP and admit their lying isn't also a fad of the lefties

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Cliff W, if you just bring up that LA Times column you can get a sense of who he is (and was) from just the first two or three short paragraphs.

This is not a thread about another thread. It stands on its own.

I am going to delete the Book Cover photo, so... maybe that was a bit "much."

I have mentioned this man and his book before--more than once--but it was always as a comment that I used in the course of some other topic that was being discussed. It was never the focus of any previous discussion; not ever central to any previous discussion. So definitely not just a thread about another thread.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-14-2017).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The left live alternate reality. Reality is not your thing. This thread started as a lie. 😒
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, Cliff W, if you just bring up that LA Times column ...

Why would I want to ? The LA Times, ? Umm, I don't know. Could they be any worse than your other trusted news sources ? MSNBC, CNN, the New York Times, the Washington Post ?

Yes.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not been able to find a transcript (text) for that NBC News online video segment, at the very top here.

If I could have, I would have... pasted some or all of the transcript here. For those who are more inclined to want to read text, instead of having an online video segment.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Doesn't anyone here believe in Opposition Research? You know, like Donald Trump Jr wanted to accomplish (vs Hillary Clinton) when he met with that Russian lawyer lady and those other figures at Trump Tower during the election campaign.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Who is Charlie Sykes ?

He is a man that wrote a book that Ronald LIED about in another thread.

Ronald LIED in numerous separate posts in that thread.

!. Ronald referenced the book not once, but twice or more, in that thread as an attempt to DECEIVE people that he had actually read it.

2.Ronald LIED again when he stated that the book was written specifically because of "people like" another forum member, (jmbishop). Since the truth is Ronald hasn't read the book he has no idea what is in it much less specifically why it was written.

3.Ronald LIED again when he stated the book "explores" certain specific subjects which Ronald has no way of knowing because, again, he hasn't read the book.

When Ronald was called out on his LYING, instead of just being a MAN about it and admitting he had LIED, he went on to try to tap dance his way past it by THEN claiming that he had "heard an interview on MSNBC", after that he became aggressive about it.

This thread is Ronald continuing his mentally ill behavior.

....my never-ending pursuit of Internet Cyber_Presence and "rinselberg" Brand Name Recognition.

That alone should give you at least a hint of how deep his mental illness is. Ronald has delusions that he is an "intellectual" and a "journalist" and that he has some sort of "name brand".

If you knew Ronald's background you would know how far from reality that is.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-14-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doesn't anyone here believe in Opposition Research?

I do. Anytime I wanted to kick someones azz, I wanted to know I could, or might be able to.

You know, like Donald Trump Jr wanted to accomplish (vs Hillary Clinton) when he met with that Russian lawyer lady and those other figures at Trump Tower during the election campaign.

Do you have a problem with opposition research ? Donald Trump Jr did not seek out that meeting.

Enough said.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My comment about Donald Trump Jr was kind of a jest, considering the flow of this discussion.

Since Cliff W will not (or may not) look at the column that I linked, from the Los Angeles Times, here is some copy and paste:

For nearly 25 years, Charlie Sykes was one of the most powerful and influential voices in Wisconsin.

He cheer-led policies that turned this historically progressive state into a model of conservative governance. He made and destroyed political careers, using his perch on Milwaukee talk radio to help vault figures such as House Speaker Paul Ryan and Gov. Scott Walker to national prominence.

But for the moment Sykes was speechless. He sank into the brown leather banquette of a suburban steakhouse. He stammered. He sighed.

“When you’ve devoted your whole life to certain beliefs and you think now they have been undermined and that you might have been deluded about things,” he began. “So. So. Um...”

. . .

Sykes, who broadcast for 23 years before ending his radio show, gained national notice in March when an unwitting Trump called into his radio program a week before the Republican primary. “Here in Wisconsin we value things like civility, decency and actual conservative principles,” Sykes said by way of welcome, implying Trump lacked all three.

For the next 16 minutes, a polite but persistent Sykes prodded the GOP front-runner about his history of supporting Democrats, his disparagement of women and “playground” behavior. “Do you ever apologize?" Sykes asked, suggesting it was something “most real men” do.

Trump responded with rare equanimity, and no apologies. Afterward, he derided Sykes as a “low life” and “whack job.”

[Trump] lost the [Wisconsin Republican] primary — a fact Sykes mentions with pride — but the setback barely slowed his march to the nomination. (Trump narrowly carried Wisconsin in November.)

. . .

Sykes had hoped to be somewhere far off on Inauguration Day, in the north of France, visiting family. But a book deadline disrupted those plans, and his obligation to MSNBC forced him to watch Trump’s speech, painful though it was.

Not in real time, however. He watched it on YouTube, pedaling furiously on his exercise bike to help ease his blood pressure.

Complete article is online.
http://www.latimes.com/poli...adio-2017-story.html

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.... here is some copy and paste:

How NOT unusual for you,

All that LA Times drivel and NOTHING about the contents of the book YOU LIED about.

In fact THE BOOK ISN'T EVEN MENTIONED anywhere.

Have to love this part though:

"His evolution from Democrat to Reagan-era conservative is cited by skeptics who see Sykes’ latest incarnation as another case of expedient rebranding.

There’s a fortune to be made going out speaking to liberals and telling them how evil and awful conservatives are,” said Mark Belling, Milwaukee’s other major talk radio personality, who gave Sykes his start as an occasional fill-in host."

He sure isn't making any of his "fortune" from leftists like LYING Ronald that don't buy his book and haven't read it.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....my never-ending pursuit of Internet Cyber_Presence and "rinselberg" Brand Name Recognition.

Someone taking this particular "rinselberg" remark seriously... that would be just "nuts."

Never happen.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someone taking this particular "rinselberg" remark seriously... that would be just "nuts."

Really?

Tell us, all about "RadioFreeRinsel", or "RinselWorld". Just a couple of your many internet whack job "name brand" delusions.

I see you're also still referring to yourself in the third person and THAT is definitely insane.

You haven't called the Santa Clara County Mental Help Hotline yet have you?

Seriously Ronald, GET HELP.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those threads with multiple video clips showing on air reactions by the left media to Trumps election seem to be a good example of folks living in an alternative reality bubble.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-14-2017 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

My favorite meme. Makes me laugh every time.

Well then, I am guessing that I am going to go to my "alternate reality" lifestyle. Going to set a tub today and build the last of the walls for the basement remodel. I already did all of the plumbing/waste and have pressure tested it all. Electrical begins Friday, and I want all my virtual studs in place to run wire to my make believe rough in boxes. I will need the elves to scamper through to the next j-box. Those little guys can run wire like no tomorrow.

Fairy dust for everyone!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock