Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Great Garage gun for target practice any time you need to fire a few shots !!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Great Garage gun for target practice any time you need to fire a few shots !! by DimeMachine
Started on: 08-30-2017 06:12 PM
Replies: 8 (254 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 09-07-2017 11:15 AM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you like cars and have a garage, you probably like guns too. I have had this one in my shop for about a year and enjoy taking a few shots whenever the urge arises.

Well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxWWAfT3_38&t=1s

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the next one I have my eye on.

https://www.amazon.com/Umar...3NAKW21X4JCSEPMFT5SC

NOTHING beats dirt-cheap plinking....well, maybe a few things but its pretty high on the list.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

This is the next one I have my eye on.

https://www.amazon.com/Umar...3NAKW21X4JCSEPMFT5SC

NOTHING beats dirt-cheap plinking....well, maybe a few things but its pretty high on the list.

That is a respectable choice. Great thing about pellet guns is you can afford to have a bunch without blowing the budget!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

I have not seen you post before, welcome to T/OT.

Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a move and do not have video quality internet. I have a bad azz NRA sponcered pellet gun.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Sheridan Blue Streak that I have owned for more than 60 years. It is a multipump weapon that shoots 5 mm ammo and can be speed adjusted by varying the number of pumps. Very accurate with iron sights and can accept a scope. The current model is made by Benjamin if anyone wants to see what they are like.

I also have a relatively new spring/piston type in 22 caliber that I am playing with. Even with a "silencer" type barrel design, it makes almost as much noise as a standard 22 but the ammo is cheaper. The velocity on the 177 caliber version of this rifle is around 1200 fps but the 22 size is reduced to about 1000 fps.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-31-2017).]

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I have a Sheridan Blue Streak that I have owned for more than 60 years. It is a multipump weapon that shoots 5 mm ammo and can be speed adjusted by varying the number of pumps. Very accurate with iron sights and can accept a scope. The current model is made by Benjamin if anyone wants to see what they are like.

I also have a relatively new spring/piston type in 22 caliber that I am playing with. Even with a "silencer" type barrel design, it makes almost as much noise as a standard 22 but the ammo is cheaper. The velocity on the 177 caliber version of this rifle is around 1200 fps but the 22 size is reduced to about 1000 fps.

Nelson

Cool - Those old Sheridans keep on going!!! Post up a pic or 2!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2017 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was worried about noise, I'd just use .22CB cap or shorts.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-03-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If I was worried about noise, I'd just use .22CB cap or shorts.

But you are a Marine, and a guy in helicopters...

Make as much noise as is humanly possible, Leave nothing standing and call it fun

(sorry, man--had to. As a Jet Ranger goes by overhead. I'm 50 years old, flown over a dozen types of airplane--and helicopters still scare me)

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

But you are a Marine, and a guy in helicopters...

Make as much noise as is humanly possible, Leave nothing standing and call it fun

(sorry, man--had to. As a Jet Ranger goes by overhead. I'm 50 years old, flown over a dozen types of airplane--and helicopters still scare me)

Mee too - copters do not glide too well when the day comes that the engine fails....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock