Started on: 07-07-2017 10:21 PM
Replies: 44 (954 views)
Last post by: dratts on 10-23-2017 11:28 AM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the things Sprint offers is wifi calling. For example, my folks have a house in the NC mountains. Cellular service is notoriously spotty up there which is why they feel the need to have a landline (which costs them money). With wifi calling, they can get rid of the landline and still have 100% reliable phone service (they'll still keep their DSL). $30 less/mo for a landline AND they can save about $60/mo switching from their current cell carrier to Sprint. Wherever I land (could be up on the mountain or it could be in a city), I WILL have high speed internet so I KNOW I'll have good cell service at the house. My folks travel (they did a 7k mile trip to the west coast and back this year...who knows where they'll go next year) and we know that cell service gets worse the farther they go away from interstates/major cities. Sprint is as good a "happy medium" as they'll get. Unless I get back in a truck (which is doubtful but possible), I won't have high speed internet but should be able to stay pretty close to major traffic lanes. We'll see.

You are right about VZ being (much) more expensive. I think I figured service for 3 lines via VZ (with unlimited voice/text/data) would run pretty close to $175/mo. Sprint offered the same for $100/mo (plus the cost of my phone, of course). Couldn't really beat that.
IP: Logged
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I updated my Samsung and I'm loving this new feature. Unfortunately samsung actually put out a previous update that appears to have damaged my phone. They have tried to blame it on using 3rd party chargers, I've used nothing but the Samsung charger and cable since the phone was new so I know they are trying to shift the blame. Thousands of others are having the same symptoms so I'm sure they'll eventually take care of it or risk a class action.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

One of the things Sprint offers is wifi calling. For example, my folks have a house in the NC mountains. Cellular service is notoriously spotty up there which is why they feel the need to have a landline (which costs them money). With wifi calling, they can get rid of the landline and still have 100% reliable phone service (they'll still keep their DSL). $30 less/mo for a landline AND they can save about $60/mo switching from their current cell carrier to Sprint. Wherever I land (could be up on the mountain or it could be in a city), I WILL have high speed internet so I KNOW I'll have good cell service at the house. My folks travel (they did a 7k mile trip to the west coast and back this year...who knows where they'll go next year) and we know that cell service gets worse the farther they go away from interstates/major cities. Sprint is as good a "happy medium" as they'll get. Unless I get back in a truck (which is doubtful but possible), I won't have high speed internet but should be able to stay pretty close to major traffic lanes. We'll see.

You are right about VZ being (much) more expensive. I think I figured service for 3 lines via VZ (with unlimited voice/text/data) would run pretty close to $175/mo. Sprint offered the same for $100/mo (plus the cost of my phone, of course). Couldn't really beat that.

We have the same thing with Verizon. It's free on the phone.

Also, as a traveler I've learned to avoid Sprint as they tend to only work around major cities.

Brad
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

We have the same thing with Verizon. It's free on the phone.

Also, as a traveler I've learned to avoid Sprint as they tend to only work around major cities.

Brad

I'd assume most carriers support wifi calling.

T-Mobile is getting pretty close to Verizon coverage. I'm a little rural and have seen great improvements.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I would love to go back to Apple, problem is my carrier doesnt support them.

They were Wind mobile, and got bought out and changed to Freedom Mobile about 6 months or so ago, so there IS a hope for the future.....but the trade-off is I get unlimited everything for $40/mo, and in 2 years have NEVER had an overage charge or billing issue with them....I cant say that for the past carriers I have had.One in particular seemed to have the attitude "we will bill what we want, we dont explain a single thing, and if you ask questions or try to get answers or try to argue we will send you straigt to collections. SHUT UP AND PAY what we tell you to pay, or else.

The peace of mind, low price, and easy of dealing with these guys is worth the trade-off of not being able to use an iPhone.

Was the bad carrier AT&T? Sounds like my experience with them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock