Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Stop reporting posts you don't like! (You know who you are) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Stop reporting posts you don't like! (You know who you are) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 07-03-2017 11:59 AM
Replies: 247 (4958 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 06-02-2020 12:36 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

There's a certain member here, who resides in TO/T mostly, who keeps reporting posts "he doesn't like". Meaning he simply reports any post from any member he doesn't like.

I wonder how many of these reported post are mine.
The number has to be pretty high.

I mean, you know me.
Rabble-Rouser! Instigator! Kindler! Provocateur! Exciter! Firebrand! Fomenter! Inciter! Demagogue!

DipshIt.

IP: Logged
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
I wonder how many of these reported post are mine.
I mean, you know me.

I have only reported you 36060 times, usually seven eight twelve times a day, , but I still love you.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I have only reported you 36060 times, usually seven eight twelve times a day, , but I still love you.

HEY !!!!!! you reported me.......narc

I'd smack ya for it...but screw it, I'm going to make a coffee instead.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I'd smack ya for it...but screw it, I'm going to make a coffee instead.

Can you make me one? I like my sugar with coffee and milk
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slacker. He's got 36064 posts now.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like said above, it has to be a bot..
Way to many reported post, way to fast.. Sorry Cliff your forum isn't even fast enough to get to open that many.. (at least on my end)

Instead of beating around the bush, why not out the person..?
IT is O/T
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

There are half a dozen assholes who need to go. You know who they are, but you seem content to sit there and do nothing while these people chase away those members who would actually be valued contributors that don't want of have the time to put up with them, and either spend less time here or stop coming altogether as a result.

If this post is because of post in T/o.. then GTFO..
If it also is being done in the tech and general/etc then you might have a point..

But if your beef is of members post OPINIONS THREADS AND REPLYS IN o/t THEN it's an issue with your mind..

O/t is like a soft core version of yellowbullets trash or be trached forum where the weak are killed and eaten.. TM

I find 1/2 or more of what is posted threads and post disturbing.. but that is my OPINION.. but I do understand the nature of a forum area like O/T..
clearly many don't.. and if they left because they got butthurt in the O/T area.. they have bigger issue in life that need addressing..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 07-04-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do know there is a time limit on how many posts you can make in succession. If got the 'flood control' warning a few times when I just made short answers to several threads right in a row.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 07-05-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This place is personal opinions, and we all have them.

Besides, Maxwell House is better than Folgers and anybody who disagrees should be jailed !! We are not Nazi's here, we are capitalistic Nazi's.

Now I'm gonna go cry and report, report, report.

Report, I tell ya...while I have a Maxwell !!!!!
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Besides, Maxwell House is better than Folgers and anybody who disagrees should be jailed !!

Report, I tell ya...while I have a Maxwell !!!!!

Maybe Maxwell House is better than folgers...it doesn't take much...but I'd not willingly drink either!
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Way to many reported post, way to fast.. Sorry Cliff your forum isn't even fast enough to get to open that many.. (at least on my end)

Instead of beating around the bush, why not out the person..?
IT is O/T

Unless Cliff put a cap on how many post reports you can make in a certain time limit, then why would you think it would be difficult to report 87 posts in 20 minutes? Go to. Thread with over 87 replies. Scroll through to each post and click report post. If I recall from what Cliff said when he made and introduced the feature, there is another box to click to confirm submission or something like that. That's it 2 clicks and one is submitted. What maybe 2 seconds? Then scroll to the next post and repeat.

That said Cliff, is there a way you can put a cap on the number of subsequent reports a person can submit like you have for the number of posts a person can post in? If so, then it may be a good idea to implement one. I can't imagine people really need to submit more than 1 every 5 or so minutes. Heck maybe not even more than 1 every 20 or 30 minutes. I suppose in some instances when a post is submitted it may be part of a tit for tat exchange where both sides are being objectionable, but I would think you would see that when you check the reported post.

I hope whomever it is stops. I mean if they find so much wrong with the forum, why do they even stay?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-05-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone is at that level of Asshattery, he/she/it should be banned. At least for a few days. Jebus. Talk about a nut case.

Brad
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Unless Cliff put a cap on how many post reports you can make in a certain time limit, then why would you think it would be difficult to report 87 posts in 20 minutes? Go to. Thread with over 87 replies. Scroll through to each post and click report post. If I recall from what Cliff said when he made and introduced the feature, there is another box to click to confirm submission or something like that. That's it 2 clicks and one is submitted. What maybe 2 seconds? Then scroll to the next post and repeat.

That said Cliff, is there a way you can put a cap on the number of subsequent reports a person can submit like you have for the number of posts a person can post in? If so, then it may be a good idea to implement one. I can't imagine people really need to submit more than 1 every 5 or so minutes. Heck maybe not even more than 1 every 20 or 30 minutes. I suppose in some instances when a post is submitted it may be part of a tit for tat exchange where both sides are being objectionable, but I would think you would see that when you check the reported post.

I hope whomever it is stops. I mean if they find so much wrong with the forum, why do they even stay?

not sure but most forums when you click report, it opens a box for you to leave a short message as to why..

I've only reported one post , and I don't remember if this one does that or not..

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not sure but most forums when you click report, it opens a box for you to leave a short message as to why..

I've only reported one post , and I don't remember if this one does that or not..

87 reports in 20 minutes... He's not interested in leaving a "why" remark.

Brad
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTF I take a few days off and all hell brakes loose ?

just ban him, or at least stop his posts !
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Steve!!! Omg, how are you feeling? Ready to dabble back in the game? Seriously glad to see you post. I was literally thinking yesterday what was going on with you and how your recover was coming. So, fess up, how are you feeling and how goes the health?
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

......how are you feeling and how goes the health?

He's doing OK except for the blister on his index finger from hitting the "report" button.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
Slacker. He's got 36064 posts now.

Well, to Boondawg's credit, he did have four good posts, .

Ba da bing, I will be here all week.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Hey! Who's the new guy?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Way to many reported post, way to fast.. Sorry Cliff your forum isn't even fast enough to get to open that many..

It's not a bot. I know exactly who it is. Unless a bot knows how to log in using his username and password, and only reports posts he participated in (and only reports posts that are of certain people or have a certain political preference).
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hey! Who's the new guy?

His name is Steve. He is an engineer.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

His name is Steve. He is an engineer.

Probably drives a Toyota.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

It's not a bot. I know exactly who it is. Unless a bot knows how to log in using his username and password, and only reports posts he participated in (and only reports posts that are of certain people or have a certain political color preference).

Oh come on, tell me!
The suspense is killing me!
At least give me a hint; Are a large part of the reported posts mine?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-05-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

If someone is at that level of Asshattery, he/she/it should be banned. At least for a few days. Jebus. Talk about a nut case.

Brad

Problem is, you can very easily make a second account. If the person were to be banned, they would just make another account and continue to report, they would probably do it more often because they got the attention they wanted.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So flood control that limits you to like a post every 2-3 mins only stops you if you actually type something ? Just reporting does not activate it ?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

So flood control that limits you to like a post every 2-3 mins only stops you if you actually type something ? Just reporting does not activate it ?

PFF flood control limits us to 1 post every 60 seconds. If you don't post something, it doesn't activate.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by Threedog:

Problem is, you can very easily make a second account. If the person were to be banned, they would just make another account and continue to report, they would probably do it more often because they got the attention they wanted.

Cliff is a pretty smart guy (and websites are his primary job). He KNOWS when someone has a 2nd (or 3rd, etc) account. Sometimes, it's for a good reason (someone lost a password/email addy). Sometimes, it's because Shaun someone is trying to come back after being banned. Whether Cliff always does something about it or not is up to him. My point is that he KNOWS.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are a large part of the reported posts mine?

Feeling quilty?

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an awesome shirt! I saw the guy on car fix awhile back wearing a shirt that said- lets eat grandma, then lets eat, grandma, then commas save lives! I thought that was pretty good. lol I know who the crazy post spammer reporting guy is........... who has nothing better to do?! That retard that runs n korea thats who. And he doesnt own a fiero! give him the boot

shem
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

He's doing OK except for the blister on his index finger from hitting the "report" button.

FACT
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the errant, serial whiner has yet posted in this thread. (I have my suspicions)

Put some clip-ons on you horn-rims, climb out of your mother's basement, act like a man, stand up on your hind legs for a brief moment and tell us you are proud of yourself.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I wonder if the errant, serial whiner has yet posted in this thread. (I have my suspicions)

Put some clip-ons on you horn-rims, climb out of your mother's basement, act like a man, stand up on your hind legs for a brief moment and tell us you are proud of yourself.

bet you are wrong, as always..
poor old bitter retirie
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19472 posts
Member since Mar 2009
The sad, sad life of a poor, old, bitter retiree....

Have pity on me.

Oh, yeah, and don't forget to report this post, OK?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-05-2017).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
Feeling quilty?

Nope.
I just suspected it was you.
Was I right?
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.
I just suspected it was you.
Was I right?

I'm a grown man.
I've never reported a post in my life.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a grown man.

Triggered
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a grown man.

Fair enough.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Triggered

Sorry about that. Hope you'll be OK.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave