Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Turnabout is fair play, right? Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Turnabout is fair play, right? Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play! by otakudude
Started on: 06-16-2017 10:09 PM
Replies: 52 (1301 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-20-2017 12:18 PM
RayOtton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Someday, I am going to comment on the "keyboard of Rinselberg".
Not quite yet, but someday.

Because that's how you do it for a writer.
You are a patron.

You may not approve of the copy, but you gotta' encourage the effort.

Most of the time I have no idea what EITHER of you two are talking about but that's probably just me.

The thing is, maybe this protest will do some good if it causes people on the left to realize where this is headed. This is their politics thrown back in their faces.

The reasoning of the protesters always includes the same two things:

1 - Their message is more important. That justifies the interruptions at a rally or a parade or blocking a freeway.
2 - The protesters claim that whatever they are shutting down is a threat. The threat is the expression of an alternative viewpoint. In other words, the threat is speech and by calling speech a threat, they justify silencing that speech.

Sadly, because of their totalitarian views I don't see a call for toning things down as a viable option. We are up against serious radicals here and "Kumbaya" isn't going to cut it.

I never thought I'd see the day that I advocated using force against fellow Americans but we can't return to a nation of laws until they are subjugated, either legally or, as a last resort, with force.

I know that's pretty radical but nothing else has worked. Every appeasement has been met with an escalation, which, if you follow history, is the SOP for the human race.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 06-19-2017).]

IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Liberals LOVE a passive opposition. That lets them 'get away with ' whatever flavor is going on that day. Sometimes it takes punching the bully to make him stop. They love to stir things up about any topic by pushing the limits to antagonize the opposition. Sometimes you might get a reaction you dont expect in the form of some reprisal. The liberals are brave when no one does anything back, but are cowards when faced with action directed right back at them. Like they say, dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not advocating pacifism. Force against groups such as AntiFa or the various Aztlan related groups is sometimes appropriate, force against occupy wall street might have been the best solution, but force against a band of thespians on their stage is pointless and counterproductive.

Please don't hear what I am not saying. Let's leave mischaracterization to the left. They are so good at it.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, WillieG, November 8th, 2016 I would have agreed with you.

November 10th, not so much.

Let's see.

Leftists have attacked conservatives in the street.......blocked highways......stopped conservatives from speaking at college campuses......destroyed property.......forced the cancellation of parades and rallies.......forced folks to close businesses but one woman stormed a stage and interrupted the play for one minute and they're triggered?

Gonna be a short civil war.

Either that or the right is going to do a John Galt.

I don't see another option.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

You know, WillieG, November 8th, 2016 I would have agreed with you.

November 10th, not so much.

Let's see.

Leftists have attacked conservatives in the street.......blocked highways......stopped conservatives from speaking at college campuses......destroyed property.......forced the cancellation of parades and rallies.......forced folks to close businesses but one woman stormed a stage and interrupted the play for one minute and they're triggered?

Gonna be a short civil war.

Either that or the right is going to do a John Galt.

I don't see another option.

Attacking people, blocking the highway, destroying property; those might call for use of force, but staging a play in the park with proper permits should not.

I don't want to see our cause get washed down the drain as a result of emotional overreaction.

The polls have proven that the people are on our side, let's not blow it.

This is not war.....yet.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-19-2017).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure we're in a war already and not a Vietnam style limited engagement war either.

I think we're at the beginning of a winner take all conflict.

Here's where a lot of us on the right are now after numerous pleas by well meaning people not to "stoop" to leftist levels:

The Japanese "stooped" to the rape of Nanking and Germany "stooped" to the bombing of Coventry and Rotterdam. The Allies responded by "stooping" to Dresden, Cologne, Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Don't get me wrong, this is dreadful stuff we're discussing but sometimes there's nothing left to do but "nuke" the opposition.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
As I said, I agree with you in a strange sort of way.
This conversation has bothered me, in that I have to rethink my values. Help me out.

How do you suggest we stop the uncivilized attacks of the left ? When is enough, enough ?

Originally posted by williegoat:
Sound reasoning.

I am still conflicted.

You never answered the second question. When is enough, enough ?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I am still conflicted.

You never answered the second question. When is enough, enough ?

I guess I won't know until I get there.
The Boston bombing was my last straw with islam. I tried very hard to see it as a legitimate religion, but after Boston, I gave up.
I still believe there are well meaning, but misguided, leftists.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I won't know until I get there.

Neither will I.

Neither did all of the Texians who decided to die at the Alamo.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2017 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not advocating pacifism. Force against groups such as AntiFa or the various Aztlan related groups is sometimes appropriate, force against occupy wall street might have been the best solution, but force against a band of thespians on their stage is pointless and counterproductive.

Please don't hear what I am not saying. Let's leave mischaracterization to the left. They are so good at it.

Sure.. they are all one and the same, the same ones doing the plays and such are the same ones with a group labeled aftfa..
All of it is planned and staged by the same "leadership"..
but, we'll see soon how you in god's kitchen act as they pull into town and take down more history.. Because it's todays thing to be offended by..

Bet like you they all bend over and take it..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-20-2017).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by otakudude:

Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE — Screaming “Goebbels Would Be Proud

I think it's high time we turned the tables back on the radical left. Just how long do you think this play would be 'allowed' to be performed if it was Obama getting assassinated night after night?

Those on the right have traditionally been rather tolerant and have been satisfied to watch the childish and/or illegal antics of the left, trusting that they would either burn themselves out or that the police would step in to get control.

No more!

With any luck, this protest will become more organized and will become a nightly event as long as the play continues to run

"Just how long do you think this play would be 'allowed' to be performed if it was Obama getting assassinated night after night?"

--> Long enough to be performed as scheduled, from opening night to closing night, in several American cities, including the "Big Apple" ..?

Of course, that was way back in 2012, which seems like ancient history after the first 148 days of the Trump misadministration.

"CLICK" this thumbnail image to enlarge
Bjorn DuPaty was cast as an Obama-like Julius Caesar in The Acting Company's 2012 production of "Julius Caesar".

Just a reminder, for anyone who may not have read all the way to the end of PAGE ONE.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/120507.html#p38

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-20-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"CLICK" this thumbnail image to enlarge
Bjorn DuPaty was cast as an Obama-like Julius Caesar in The Acting Company's 2012 production of "Julius Caesar".

A reply from one of the articles you referenced:

"Notable difference between MN and NY productions.
- MN implied Obama, NY makes it very clear it is Trump
- MN was smaller audience
- NY is much more visible and in Trumps backyard
- NY production is bloodied
And there were complaints about the MN production, but given the above it stayed under the radar."

And a quote from one of the other articles:

"His Caesar (the suavely confident Bjorn DuPaty) is a tall, charismatic African-American politician; he doesn’t look or sound much like Obama (he more closely recalls Michael Jordan)"

A far cry from the actor playing Trump that was in the NY show who came complete with (among other things) a cellphone addiction, big hair and a Slavic wife.

And strange how there's no video of the MN production out there. You would think that if graphic video existed of a bloodied, assassinated 'Obama' existed, it would be plastered in every liberal post telling everyone "Look how mean they were to Obama when he was President!"
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are good points, Mr "Dude."

I appreciate it when someone takes the time to read and think about one of my messages.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock