Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Unintended consequences .... Colorado grocery supplier can't find drug-free employees (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Unintended consequences .... Colorado grocery supplier can't find drug-free employees by E.Furgal
Started on: 05-23-2017 01:26 PM
Replies: 83 (1021 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 08-25-2018 04:40 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Because I was responsible for implementation and administration of the federally regulated drug screen program at my last two jobs, I have done a lot of reading on the subject over the years. Second hand smoke is not a problem. If one tests positive, he has directly ingested THC in some form.

Years ago I sat on a flight board for a Warrant Officer that came up hot on an unannounced pee test. He claimed it was due to second hand ingestion due to his wife's use. We didn't buy it and ripped the wings off his chest. He left the hearing balling like a baby, his life's dream to be a helicopter pilot ruined due to some very stupid decisions. No sympathy here, you play silly games, you win silly prizes. He knew the rules and thought he was smarter than the system.......

Rams
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Years ago I sat on a flight board for a Warrant Officer that came up hot on an unannounced pee test. He claimed it was due to second hand ingestion due to his wife's use. We didn't buy it and ripped the wings off his chest. He left the hearing balling like a baby, his life's dream to be a helicopter pilot ruined due to some very stupid decisions. No sympathy here, you play silly games, you win silly prizes. He knew the rules and thought he was smarter than the system.......

Rams

Some have thrown away a lot, for a moment's pleasure. My weakness, and occasional downfall was always "front hole". It cost me a house, once.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2018 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Rams

Thats the main reason I walked away from the career 18 years ago. Nothing to do with dope or other stupids, but I DID have enough of being pushed around by "rules" and the general lack of common sense around the aviation industry.

One of the last straws was, about a year after 9-11, I am walking out to a Sennaca,,or trying to anyway,..I had to go thru full search-and-security, had a few items confiscated by rent-a-retards, and even a Steven King book---a fracking horror novel to read on down time.

They seem to forget, if I want to steal it and do something with it.....I'm already behind the controls !! I'm the guy driving it--fracking morons...and my security clearance was ONE hell of a lot higher than a rent-a-dick contractor.

Here is an idea for the world...fly them your fracking self, because if you think your "rules" are going to tell ME what kind of novel I can read, then you can go frack yourself, your entire society along with you...and I aint helping you no more. It was a free continent once, and if they think I am going to help with this marxist control crap...THAT just aint gonna happen.

And...same is the guys who lost his wings. Flying was all I wanted literally from a small kid, my only real dream....freedom is more important than dreams.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-25-2018).]

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they develop a "breathalyzer" analogue for THC, something that checks your blood-content levels on the spot, something that can definitively prove you're on it while you're on the clock? I absolutely agree with testing for it and using it for terms of employment. However, unless they're paying enough to keep these people on the clock 24/7, what happens off-premises shouldn't be the company's business.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock