Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  What do you guys think - 2007 Mustang GT convertible (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What do you guys think - 2007 Mustang GT convertible by Jake_Dragon
Started on: 03-26-2017 08:09 PM
Replies: 50 (660 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-31-2017 03:02 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

good luck, just buy the thing.. you've already talked yourself into it.. just pull the trigger already

ok lol
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Keel. What the rest of us think should have no bearing on your purchase. If you can afford it and want it, go for it.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but …
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

Open your frigg'n minds, think about all the other tools that can be made into WMDs.

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keel:

... Why bash a member for pointing out honest problems he see's..

Because Jake and I are internet buddies. Kind of like bracelet buddies, but without all the clanking gold. We often tell each other to **** off, and really enjoy Michelle Jenneke. Our entertaining member of this forum asked a question, and as "friends" we answered in kind. Sorry, but nothing more, nothing less.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Because Jake and I are internet buddies. Kind of like bracelet buddies, but without all the clanking gold. We often tell each other to **** off, and really enjoy Michelle Jenneke. Our entertaining member of this forum asked a question, and as "friends" we answered in kind. Sorry, but nothing more, nothing less.

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner paid too much for a lot of stuff. $1500 for painted calipers ? Ill do them for $20 and gurantee them for 5 years. Cold air intake...is it really OUTSIDE cold air or just a exposed cone airfilter setting in the hot engine bay ? Some outside painted graphics stripes...a few hundred dollars at most. Airscoop on hood...looks like no different than a $50-$60 one from Jegs. I can buy a whole replacement hood with scoop built in for not much more than he paid. I got a '67 'look a like' hood for my 08 with the turn signals built in for $300. Id look for a 5.0 ltr too. Even with all the work on mine, that 4.6 still sounded tinny like a Honda...the biggest reason I sold it.

But if Jake likes it and willing to pay for it, thats entirely his business. I wont say I never paid way too much for a car that I just had to have. I bought a replica 1930 Jaguar once because I thought it looked cool, for $5000. It had a pinto 4 cyl, auto, no heat, no side windows, and no wipers. I sold it soon as autumn cold showed up.

If you do buy it, come back and let everyone know how its going.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
car is great. Handles great. Clean like new inside. Very responsive throttle and the exhaust note is great.
Ok I have owned the car for 3 days now
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32851 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

The owner paid too much for a lot of stuff. $1500 for painted calipers ?

lol no new brake calipers painted who would pay that for paint
MSRP new was $35000 10 years ago
Its a fun car that is also comfortable
front and side air bags
Now if it would just stop raining and warm up a little bit I could put the top down

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never been in one. Most of what I liked about their look was the retro, especially the rear sail area which a convert doesn't have. Congrats though. The interior seems pretty cool.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do like the interior. I dont know what they could do with the sound of the 4.6...I tried everything I could... cams, headers, catback Moroso duals...and could not get rid of that raspy '4 cyl' sound. 5.0 can sound incredible with a real rumble. I have had 3 Mustang convertibles and enjoyed them all...5.0s, and 428 CJ . Not to be nosey, but what did they finally take for it ?

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 03-31-2017).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I do like the interior. I dont know what they could do with the sound of the 4.6...I tried everything I could... cams, headers, catback Moroso duals...and could not get rid of that raspy '4 cyl' sound. 5.0 can sound incredible with a real rumble. I have had 3 Mustang convertibles and enjoyed them all...5.0s, and 428 CJ . Not to be nosey, but what did they finally take for it ?

Sent you a PM
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32851 posts
Member since Jan 2001
I very happy with the car.
Its nice to just get into it and go and not worry about issues.

12 month warrantee

So yes I probably paid more because it is a nice car, but I am happy and after looking for something for the last 6 months I am happy with the car.

Jake
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave