Started on: 03-23-2017 07:00 PM
Replies: 14 (254 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 03-24-2017 06:50 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

https://www.brookings.edu/b...han-minority-groups/

"Working class" they say?
Just who the hell is going to *pay* for everything for the parasites once the people who actually produce are gone ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get the idea that we will be to damn dead to give a crap.

Meh, at least we wont have to listen to them anymore.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats really interesting is the low rates in the Great Plains and the North North East.

Also the sharp trend downward in the Upper Peninsula, what did they do?

Whatโ€™s more, the increases in deaths of despair are accompanied by a measurable deterioration in economic and social wellbeing, which has become more pronounced for each successive birth cohort.

This is interesting, because white men(on average) still make significantly more than their Black or Hispanic counterparts. This goes well with the theory that it is not about how much you have which causes depression, but its about how much you think you should have.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consumerism is a disease.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

Whats really interesting is the low rates in the Great Plains and the North North East.

Also the sharp trend downward in the Upper Peninsula, what did they do?

This is interesting, because white men(on average) still make significantly more than their Black or Hispanic counterparts. This goes well with the theory that it is not about how much you have which causes depression, but its about how much you think you should have.

Or possibly keeping what I've already earned and knowing it's about to be lost to someone who hasn't done what needs to be done to call it their own? Just a thought, a possibility....... I don't have the answer but.................

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but โ€ฆ
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Or possibly keeping what I've already earned and knowing it's about to be lost to someone who hasn't done what needs to be done to call it their own? Just a thought, a possibility....... I don't have the answer but.................

Wait..what? Unless you are incredibly wealthy(as in, clearing 225k a year), the taxes which pay for federal welfare have not changed since 2003.
Source

They certainly have not increased for the average american.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unless you are incredibly wealthy(as in, clearing 225k a year),

It is times like this when your youth, inexperience and naivetรฉ shine through like a light house beacon.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-23-2017).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

It is times like this when your youth, inexperience and naivetรฉ shine through like a light house beacon.

I am sorry, is the top 5% of the country not enough to be considered "incredibly wealthy"?

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 03-23-2017).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe I even remotely suggested I was in the incredibly wealthy group. Please read what I said again and maybe we can get on the same page.

Middle America is on a constant but rapid decline. We, who were in the middle economic class are making much less than even 10 years ago on the average. I can handle that if everyone is on the same plane and it's a level playing field but, it's not. And yet, Social Entitlement is always at the top of the list of Dem priorities. Social Entitlements are for the most part, pure IMHO. Social Entitlements help the dems at the polls with those who have not earned what they want. My prediction for them is, they will feel differently when this house of cards collapses. Or, they'll just blame those who have for not sharing....

They certainly have not increased for the average american American.

Won't suggest the average tax has increased but, the roles of those who get "free stuff" has grown by leaps and bounds. Stop giving away all the "free stuff" and make people get off their asses and work for what they want. All those jobs going to illegals will dry up quickly.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but โ€ฆ
after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

The next thing you know, they'll be using motorized vehicles to mow down pedestrians. Wait, that's already happening. OK, ban vehicles......

If you wish to upset a Conservative, lie to him.
If you wish to upset a Liberal, tell him the truth.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-23-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2017 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I'd like to know...

My daily casual shoes are Rockports.. Comfortable as hell, but I found them (brand new, tag still on) for 6 bucks at goodwill.

People in this building, on benifits and never worked a day in their lives, are running around in $200 Nikes and bragging about how much they paid for them.

At the same time, all of my electronic toys come from pawn shops... And these same people are heading to Future Shop for the latest and greatest.

Exceplain how that works... A working guy under medical care is scrambling to pick up suitable short term contract work and counting every penny to try and save some while paying the bills and rebuild a life.

And these guys get to go on spending sprees with OPM.

Somehow, I'm just not getting it.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't expect to survive past middle age...my body is pretty much done as it is. Oh well.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am sorry, is the top 5% of the country not enough to be considered "incredibly wealthy"?

You honestly think that 16.3 MILLION people in this country are *incredibly* wealthy?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-23-2017).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

You honestly think that 16.3 MILLION people in this country are *incredibly* wealthy?

Generally, it's a matter of perspective Randye. If I have only a nickle and you have 25ยข, you are 'incredibly wealthy' compared to me, and if I didn't have a strong belief in 'covet not' I might hold that against you. ThreeDog touched on part of the dynamic of this when he said " its about how much you think you should have". What is that 'think' part based on?
Again, it's often a comparison of what one person has compared to another--other times it's a reflection of where one stands currently in relation to where their goal was set for the stage/age of life they are at.
I have had, and I have had not, and I can't say I was any less happy when I was without than when I had plenty, and have always felt that the acquisition of 'wealth' was far more enjoyable than actually having it once attained. I really don't understand at all, the 'death of despair' thing, especially if it is rooted in comparing their financial success (or failures) against anyone else. I struggled mightily when I was a single parent raising 4 kids, both financially and physically, but like most things in my life, took the long view that at some point those kids would grow up and the last one leave home.

And, I see an awful lot of irony at times, especially among fellow conservatives. Complaining that others have things they do not, and that they should get them too--or, that the others should not have them, or have such easy access to them. That, is no less an entitlement attitude label than what we often assign to some people on the left. I never begrudged the so-called 1%ers having their wealth--why would I then begrudge anyone else having what they have or complain about how they are getting it? What anyone else has or how they get it changes nothing in my life whatsoever.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well said MJ.

Great post!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock