Started on: 01-26-2017 05:42 AM
Replies: 13 (424 views)
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 01-28-2017 01:16 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2017 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://ktla.com/2017/01/25/...-who-block-roadways/

Shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, no **** , eh? You wanna protest? Fine. You wanna disrupt my life? **** off and die.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2017 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Death Race 2000
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont need that law myself. Id do it because id fear for my life or bodily harm or to protect my property. Its already illlegal to walk in a street except in a marked crosswalk. They take their own risk. I have the right to go wherever I want thats legal whenever I want. 40' diesel RV can take out a LOT of threats.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I dont need that law myself. Id do it because id fear for my life or bodily harm or to protect my property. Its already illlegal to walk in a street except in a marked crosswalk. They take their own risk. I have the right to go wherever I want thats legal whenever I want. 40' diesel RV can take out a LOT of threats.

blocking the flow of traffic is also illegal..
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Key word(s)

Lawmakers in that state are set to vote Friday on a bill that would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road, one of several actions in Republican-controlled states to discourage disruptive protests.

I suppose tho, that there are some that would be willing to lie to investigators and grand juries after intentionally running over someone...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Key word(s)

I suppose tho, that there are some that would be willing to lie to investigators and grand juries after intentionally running over someone...

Never! I'll say it again, never happen......................

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun....

You can't do much about the length of your life, so focus on the width and depth. When Life throws you a curve, lean into it and roll that throttle!!

If, you wish to piss off a Conservative, lie to him.
If, you wish to piss off a Liberal, tell them the truth.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2017 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Protesting = Legal

Performing ILLEGAL acts while protesting = Illegal

If you are impeding traffic on an interstate thoroughfare, then that is an ILLEGAL act.

President Trump mention how we are not making new laws, we are going to enforce current laws. My biggest sandy vagina moments come from those that intentionally break the law. Many laws are set to make life smoother, but one ****ing moron can throw a wrench into that machine. Seriously, stop keeping everyone after class because dobey is an idiot.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Seriously, stop keeping everyone after class because dobey is an idiot.

Heh, that right there is funny stuff!

Interestingly enough, the premise of punishing everybody in class for the actions of one student is/was a way for school official to basically hand them over to a mob mentality for punishments beyond what the school official can legally do within the law. Kids can be cruel, and sometimes it is deserved.

FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'm a little confused. I did not know accidents were illegal. They are regrettable and often avoidable, but how are they illegal?
Some accidents can be caused by illegal activity and some are not accidents at all but rather intentional and illegal actions.

The opinion of law enforcement and the opinions of insurance companies are two completely different and often unrelated things.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even tho an accident may not be illegal, there almost always are ramifications from the accident.

I suspect, that one of the things this law might provide, is immunity from prosecution or (more likely) immunity from civil suit if a protester is struck accidentally, similar to the sections of many Castle Laws provide the same civil liability protection if someone is shot during the illegal act of home invasion.

Even if you accidentally run someone over, I have seen people get ticketed with 'failure to maintain control' or 'failure to yield to pedestrians' type citations. And of course, outside the criminal or traffic citations, civil litigation always looms as a possibility if there is no immunity under law.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Heh, that right there is funny stuff!

Interestingly enough, the premise of punishing everybody in class for the actions of one student is/was a way for school official to basically hand them over to a mob mentality for punishments beyond what the school official can legally do within the law. Kids can be cruel, and sometimes it is deserved.

A common practice in the military too, often resulting in a blanket party for the offender.

Just observed a basketball practice tonight where the coach used a similar system for free throw practice.
If a person missed two shots, the team ran "suicide" drills. If one of the two shots missed, the team ran "down and backs".
This is a common conditioning drill and puts pressure on team members to improve their running and shooting.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 01-27-2017).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Protesting should be limited to a given location approved by the town. If protesters move to the street they should be arrested for violating the permit. If they block my way I will simply push them out of the way. Wouldn't be the first time I hit someone in my Fiero. Person stood in my way blocking my way, game of chicken, he thought I would stop, I thought he would move, he ended up rolling off my hood. Moral of the story, when its car vs human body, car will always win.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with a Turbo.

For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front,

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock