Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
   NSFW Newly released video of Chicago police shooting.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
NSFW Newly released video of Chicago police shooting. by WBailey1041
Started on: 01-18-2017 11:34 AM
Replies: 4 (262 views)
Last post by: Fats on 01-19-2017 04:59 PM
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The incident happens at about 4:30 into the video. This happens so fast it's hard to think the officers didn't actually fear for their lives.

https://vimeo.com/197215943

And #2

https://vimeo.com/197215903

Story;

The Independent Police Review Authority on Tuesday released surveillance video of Chicago Police officers fatally shooting a man who fired on another man near a busy West Englewood intersection.

A lieutenant signed a tactical response report saying the two officers who opened fire “acted within Departmental guidelines” in the Nov. 18, 2016, shooting of 26-year-old Darius Jones, according to the newly released case files.

IPRA, which investigates officers’ use of force and alleged misconduct, is still reviewing the case. The agency has a self-imposed policy of releasing video and police reports within 60 days of officer-involved shootings.

Two camera angles show a fight spilling onto 69th Street near Damen Avenue about midnight, with one man pulling out a gun and firing toward a group of people who scatter. A squad car that happened to be at the intersection pulls up and the officers get out with guns drawn, as the man walks in their general direction with the gun still in his hand. That’s when the officers open fire.

A police statement at the time said the officers were on patrol and “repeatedly ordered” the gunman to drop his weapon before shooting him multiple times.

Jones, who lived nearby, died within the hour, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. An autopsy ruled that he died of multiple gunshot wounds.

The 26-year-old man Jones allegedly shot in the abdomen was taken to the same hospital in critical “but stable” condition, authorities said. The men knew each other, and the initial shooting was not considered random, police said.

Investigators recovered a weapon at the scene, and the two officers were placed on desk duty for 30 days, per CPD policy.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2017 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched this a bit ago. Even watched both videos many times. Sad.

Now, in your link and what I read earlier, never does the reporters mention if the gun was legally registered, stolen, or if it acted on it's own. It is placed as gun violence. That is the category.

Perhaps the dead man was acting in self defense? He did dodge a punch. An altercation was happening. Not everyone here has experienced high stress situations other than spilling coffee on the counter , but those that have know that the shooter may have been given orders that he really did not hear/process until it was too late.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2017 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I watched this a bit ago. Even watched both videos many times. Sad.

Now, in your link and what I read earlier, never does the reporters mention if the gun was legally registered, stolen, or if it acted on it's own. It is placed as gun violence. That is the category.

Perhaps the dead man was acting in self defense? He did dodge a punch. An altercation was happening. Not everyone here has experienced high stress situations other than spilling coffee on the counter , but those that have know that the shooter may have been given orders that he really did not hear/process until it was too late.

There was zero imminent danger to the deceased life at the time he fired the first shot. SELF DEFENSE!!!?? You're aware of the fact that men running from you cannot be legally shot in the back.

There was a clear and present danger to the police officers once the gunman advanced in their direction. Deceased man removed all doubt that he was willing and able to use deadly force on unarmed men who were retreating. Any sane officer would make the judgement call to stop him in his tracks.

I'm no fan of police, it's an honorable profession dominated by good men mostly but tainted with a few cowards and cronies who spoil the lot. The truth is if you discharge a firearm, even ONE ROUND within 25 yards of a police officer you will be lucky to survive the encounter even if you obey their commands. This guy RAN TOWARDS THEM. He brought a gun to a fistfight, a cowardly move in my opinion, he asked for trouble and trouble found him.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2017 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

...SELF DEFENSE!!!?? ....

Yeah, my postings lean the other way, but I was making a point as to what may be seen. I still stand by my words. Nothing needs to be changed. I watched the both videosw dozens of times.

With that being said, it also appears that justice may have been served that evening. I am comfortable with Karma taking hold of a situation. A man with a gun firing at others in front of Police Officers...

I cannot help but think that if I were in one of the Officer's shoes, I would have fired earlier. As I thought that yesterday, I thought about the unknowns. A bit of which I presented in my first post.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

The incident happens at about 4:30 into the video. This happens so fast it's hard to think the officers didn't actually fear for their lives.

https://vimeo.com/197215943

And #2

https://vimeo.com/197215903

Story;

It's like 9 minutes in on the second one... Unless you want to watch a drunk guy try to ride a bike again and again.

Speaking of which. The first Drunk guy on a bike was too drunk to even try and avoid anything, let alone ride a bike... Just stumbles away on his bike. Second guy on his bike is told to wait.. Waits for a minute and also disappears.

Token Crackhead screaming girl, as seen in every ghetto shooting is there.

Why does nobody seem to care or help the guy that was shot in the stomach? He is laying there for 5 minutes ish, checked on every once in awhile, where is the ambulance?

Bad guy, who had the gun. D.O.G. Dead on Ground. Right where the piece of trash belongs.

Brad

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock