Started on: 01-04-2017 01:58 PM
Replies: 50 (985 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 07-30-2017 01:23 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the repulsivecans caught the bus. Now what are they going to do with it ? What would you like to see done about health care/insurance ?

Me ? I don't care. Let it go back to what it was. I never had a problem with getting job supplied health insurance. I just needed a job (doesn't everybody?) which offered it. Many times I did not elect to take a company's co-pay and went without it.
Myself ? I have been without health insurance many times. In fact, I have paid the NobamaCare penalty/tax every year that I have had to.

In the last three years, I have self funded an MRI, two skin cancer removals, stitches for a deep cut, and check ups of concern. You know what ? When you tell them you don't have insurance, the cost is very cheap. All the MRI machines are not in demand 25 hours a day. Clinical staff are sometimes idle. I was but a customer and yes, I did shop around.

Click to show

I do believe health care needed reform when Nobama decided it was a "Right". A right, ? That you are mandated to participate in, ? That you are mandated to have pregnancy coverage, even if you are a male, or an eighty five year old grandma, . That the young and healthy has to pay into to take care of the old folks, who many times brought their own health issues upon themselves,

Redistribution of wealth is what is was. I guess it's failure was that insurance companies were not mandated into participating in. Many have pulled out. The ones who didn't have had great rate increases. NobamaCare never worked. From the start. Each and every promise did not come true. We passed the bill, now we know what it is. A failure.

Yet, the Dumbs are still trying to defend it.

I again think health care reform is in order. Our elected czars will craft it. We can participate. What would you like to see done ? What do you like about NobamaCare ?

Me ? NobamaCare enabled nurses to be semi quasi practitioners. I can get an educated evaluation by a nurse, for just a ten dollar co-pay. Who can prescribe drugs, or at least the ones I need. Blood pressure medication.

We have seen the NobamaCare defenders touting the "unicorn". What do you have to say ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who here has health insurance, of which paid for an MRI ? What did it cost your health insurance company ?
Do you even know ?

Mine cost $1,200.00.

No one cares what they don't have to pay. No one shops for price savings to their insurance companies. Insurance companies don't reward that.

We should not be able to get an insurance fair value payoff and spend it as we might. Just like if my car was wrecked. Their estimate. Which can be challenged.

Shitz gonna change. What do you want ? Talk about it now to adjust / cement your thoughts, and to allow time to reach your czars with your wishes.

We need to be able to shop around. Not just for insurance companies. Also for providers.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2017 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You DO know how THATS gonna go, right ?......Ah vant muh free chit !!!!

FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this will never happen, but you asked. In my opinion, employee based insurance is the second worst idea in the world. The worst idea is government based health insurance. Health insurance should be regulated and bought just like all other types of insurance, IE auto, home, life etc. and on the open market. Let me choose what level of insurance I want, what amount of deductible i want and what coverage i want and don't want. Let me go with out it if I choose, but I am in control of my own destiny. Just like auto, life or home insurance, you will pay based on your risk. If you are a smoker you pay more just like if you have had a half dozen car accidents then you pay more in car insurance. If I quit my job, i still have insurance and the rate shouldn't change. I can better budget my money and savings that way. If employers need to use health insurance as a benefit to acquire the right talent, then they can provide a stipend that can only be used on health insurance costs, similar to the way a health savings account or flex spending account is used.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first Obamacare lowered my insurance premiums because I was an individual acquiring family insurance with one member with preexisting conditions. Then the next year my premiums went up. Then again went up. Now it's even higher and the deductibles and co-pays are stupid high. So..... I would like to see it as now where you cannot be turned down for preexisting conditions. You will pay more though. Everything after that should be a choice.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Who here has health insurance, of which paid for an MRI ? What did it cost your health insurance company ?
Do you even know ?

Mine cost $1,200.00.

Right near $2500 for the one I had this last November. It was a "MRI Spine Cervical w/o Contrast". Click to show

I had to select a provider and therefore am locked into that provider by my insurance company so I can't really "shop around" unless I want to pay out of pocket. Why would I want to pay out of pocket if I have been paying a premium so that these type of procedures are covered? I don't agree with the "No one cares what they don't have to pay" because they did pay for the coverage and often don't have a option to shop around unless they want to pay out of pocket.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 01-04-2017).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schumer was on FOX today talking about how all Americans Loved ACA....

Yea. I was yelling at my TV today.

Brad
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Single payer! No need for insurance companies raking the cream off the top and limiting what we can get. ACA is a huge gift to the insurance companies.
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Single payer! No need for insurance companies raking the cream off the top and limiting what we can get. ACA is a huge gift to the insurance companies.

When the government rakes the cream off the top, it's call deficit spending. And spending is the only function government consistantly over performs expectation.

Single payer means "NO OTHER OPTION" because it also means "SINGLE PROVIDER".
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2017 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a good idea..
when you only have one choice that choice gets costly..
2) government anything becomes bloated and that gets costly..

ACA is such a huge gift that they are pulling out of it.. and doctors are leaving the field at a record pace...

Go back under that rock.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love how its called 'affordable health care'. In some cases I know of, their Obamacare insurance takes 1/3 of their income. To me that NOT affordable. He is right that if you tell them you have no insurance, its usually cheaper. Also cheaper to shop around for a procedure. Ive seen the same things where one hospital is 4-5 times what another is for same thing. Another thing to consider is they cant refuse service, and if you have no insurance at all, anything you can pay is acceptable or even forgiven. I know someone who had an artery burst in their stomach with no coverage. He went to ER, got an emergency operation and 2 days of intensive care. He was paying $20 @ month on the bill. He lost his job and stopped even that much. A year later the bill balance was totally cancelled. Hes even gone back to the same hospital afterward. $20 a month was like 1/10 of what an insurance payment is, and your still liable for any co-pay.

My sister had breast cancer years ago. Shes now retired and gets $1200 a month SS and about $1800 in a company pension. Her obamacare payment is over $1000 a month and has co-pay.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-05-2017).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmclemore:

When the government rakes the cream off the top, it's call deficit spending. And spending is the only function government consistantly over performs expectation.

Single payer means "NO OTHER OPTION" because it also means "SINGLE PROVIDER".

Agreed jmclemore . Never single payer government ownership of citizens.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroReinke:
I know this will never happen, but you asked. In my opinion, employee based insurance is the second worst idea in the world. The worst idea is government based health insurance. Health insurance should be regulated and bought just like all other types of insurance, IE auto, home, life etc. and on the open market. Let me choose what level of insurance I want, what amount of deductible i want and what coverage i want and don't want. Let me go with out it if I choose, but I am in control of my own destiny. Just like auto, life or home insurance, you will pay based on your risk. If you are a smoker you pay more just like if you have had a half dozen car accidents then you pay more in car insurance. If I quit my job, i still have insurance and the rate shouldn't change. I can better budget my money and savings that way. If employers need to use health insurance as a benefit to acquire the right talent, then they can provide a stipend that can only be used on health insurance costs, similar to the way a health savings account or flex spending account is used.

Hello FieroReinke. Long time no see. We met in Galveston at a Red River Ruckus. I hope you move made you happy and all is going well. A Happy New Year to you and yours.

I like everything you said. Every bit of it yet I also have additional ideas. Likely you will agree and you couldn't cover everything. This thread is for discussion, so as we can decide what we think, and tell our overlords before they do what they wish.

Originally posted by Hudini:
I would like to see it as now where you cannot be turned down for preexisting conditions. You will pay more though.

As it should be. People with pre existing conditions need and should be able to get insurance. They should have their own pool to hopefully lesson what they do have to pay.

I would add that there should be no lifetime benefits for insurance companies to lesson their risk that they agree to.

Originally posted by Khw:
I had to select a provider and therefore am locked into that provider by my insurance company so I can't really "shop around" unless I want to pay out of pocket. Why would I want to pay out of pocket if I have been paying a premium so that these type of procedures are covered? I don't agree with the "No one cares what they don't have to pay" because they did pay for the coverage and often don't have a option to shop around unless they want to pay out of pocket.

Good points. Sorry to hear about you neck, . That sucks. If I saw a good looking woman, maybe naked, out of the corner of my eye, I would want my neck to work flawlessly, . Even if I saw an old school street rod, Fiero, CJ Jeep, wow, many things. I hope it gets better, .

As FieroReinke said, well didn't say, though he did say health insurance should work just like another insurance. You should be able to shop around. You can choose your own body shop (auto insurance), for that matter demand factory parts, choose your repairman for home insurance claims, the list goes on. You should be able to shop around.

Me ? When I deserve an insurance payout, I like to take the money and spend it like I see fit. Fix it myself and pocket the leftover cash, don't fix it at all. What ever I think floats my boat. We should always have the option of being in control of ourselves.

Health insurance companies should have a claims adjuster and we should be able to challenge their payout, with three estimates. We should be free to shop around.

Originally posted by Fats:
Schumer was on FOX today talking about how all Americans Loved ACA....

Yea. I was yelling at my TV today.

Belated happy anniversary Brad. Mine is also on New Year's Eve, ... and some NASCAR star just married this last New Year's Eve.

Pelosi said NabamaCare achieved all objectives. This is the system that they rejected for themselves. Schumer, heh, said "the three pillars of healthcare were NobamaCare, Medicaide, and Medicare. What about private insurance (usually through employers), and self healthy habits ?
That news conference was a joke. Typical dumbocrat. blah blah blah KAOS blah blah blah. They are really out of touch with reality and living in a bubble.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Good points Roger.

I know someone who had an artery burst in their stomach with no coverage. He went to ER, got an emergency operation and 2 days of intensive care. He was paying $20 @ month on the bill. He lost his job and stopped even that much. A year later the bill balance was totally cancelled. Hes even gone back to the same hospital afterward. $20 a month was like 1/10 of what an insurance payment is, and your still liable for any co-pay.

Heh, that's the thing NobamaCare was supposed to stop. It failed there too. Because it's so unaffordable. Those that couldn't get health insurance before can't afford a $6,000.00 deductible. They still go to the emergency room, .

My sister had breast cancer years ago. Shes now retired and gets $1200 a month SS and about $1800 in a company pension. Her obamacare payment is over $1000 a month and has co-pay.

Ok, she gets $36,000 a year, then Nobama care takes $18,000.00 (including deductibles). Even if she had no health issues.

Single payer! No need for insurance companies raking the cream off the top and limiting what we can get.

Sir, the Veterans Administration is single payer. Do I need to say more ? If they won't even take care of veterans ...

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Health insurance companies should have a claims adjuster and we should be able to challenge their payout, with three estimates. We should be free to shop around.

I understand the thought, now here is the problem with that. This is what I have seen from automotive claims. You get 3 estimates for repair and turn them in to the insurance company. The insurance company does it's own estimate and then a price is figured out from there. The thing I have run into time and again with people I have seen that have accidents. They don't shop for the 3 lowest cost, they shop for the 3 highest hoping to get the most from the insurance company that they can.

Then, in automotive for comparison, there isn't really an emergency situation. Yes, sure you need that rental now ( ! ) so you can make it to work tomorrow. However, if you throw a rod bearing while exiting your driveway, that's not a insurance claim. The car is an inanimate object that does not have a life on the line. My neck, when I was 10 and had the surgery... If my parents had to shop around, get estimates and then present them to an adjuster at the insurance company who cut them a check to pay for the surgery, well I'd be dead now. I was an estimated 6 hours from death when they did my surgery. 6 more hours and the blood clot would have grown large enough to pinch off nerves for vital functions. There wasn't time to get 3 estimates and talk to an adjuster. Lives are different than houses and cars.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive used the VA solely since I retired in 2008. I have no complaints at all. Im scheduled for some minor throat surgery the 1st of Feb. I did have an issue back in November and I went to its ER at 10am. By 3pm I was in a room waiting for an operating room to be available and was even given a paid cab ride home that evening. They even asked if I wanted to schedule a colonoscopy for the same time as my next appointment since Ill be under anyway.

"Ok, she gets $36,000 a year, then Nobama care takes $18,000.00 (including deductibles). Even if she had no health issues."

No, she gets about $36k income and spends over $12k (12 months are still in a year)+60% copay, and she still has to pay 60% copay on her required monthly prescriptions (over $400 @ month). Thats deplorable that she must pay nearly half her income for even minimal healthcare. Ya thats affordable...

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-24-2017).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lives are different than houses and cars.

Exactly. Insurance is a scam. The only reason people want health insurance to be anything like home/auto insurance, is so they can try to scam the scammers like is often done in those fields. Health is not something you can insure for or against with the Ponzi scheme that insurance is. We need to get rid of the idea of health "insurance" entirely, and have national health care. Anyone should be able to get treated without the need to prove that some company can pay for it. The whole privatization of health care in the US is what makes it so damned expensive in the first place.

Nobody should be forced into homelessness or death because they became infected with some illness from spending their lives in servitude to the country's economy, and couldn't afford the care they need.

Nothing in the world personifies schadenfreude better than health care in the US.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The whole privatization of health care in the US is what makes it so damned expensive in the first place.

Have you even looked at the tax rates in countries that have national healthcare?
What's the difference if the average citizen is paying the government 50% or more of their income for healthcare as opposed to paying an insurance company?

We don't have truly private healthcare in this country. The government was involved in many facets of the healthcare industry long before the ACA was passed. The reason why healthcare is so expensive is because:

-people abuse the system, doctor shop for pills, etc., also they do dumb things / make poor decisions and put toxic chemicals in their bodies that cause harm
-many don't pay their bills (laws force healthcare providers to treat people who can't afford to pay - and those laws existed before the ACA was passed), so the cost of that care is passed along to others
-some sue doctors and hospitals for exorbitant amounts of money because they catch a cold while at the hospital, etc. And malpractice insurance isn't cheap
-malpractice insurance and the threat of lawsuits force providers to submit everyone to needless tests that cost a lot of money
-government mandates that force people to buy insurance allows the insurance companies to increase premiums, increase deductibles, and lower coverage

Do I really need to go on?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly. Insurance is a scam. The only reason people want health insurance to be anything like home/auto insurance, is so they can try to scam the scammers like is often done in those fields. Health is not something you can insure for or against with the Ponzi scheme that insurance is. We need to get rid of the idea of health "insurance" entirely, and have national health care. Anyone should be able to get treated without the need to prove that some company can pay for it. The whole privatization of health care in the US is what makes it so damned expensive in the first place.

Nobody should be forced into homelessness or death because they became infected with some illness from spending their lives in servitude to the country's economy, and couldn't afford the care they need.

Nothing in the world personifies schadenfreude better than health care in the US.

Have you ever argued this with anyone before? Have you heard the downsides?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2017 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to recall Canada has a paid healthcare system. Ive heard many stories of Canadians coming to the US to get medical procedures and operations because it takes years there to get anything ever done. They come here even when they have to pay that cost themselves.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the last three years, I have self funded an MRI, two skin cancer removals, stitches for a deep cut, and check ups of concern. You know what ? When you tell them you don't have insurance, the cost is very cheap.

I again think health care reform is in order. Our elected czars will craft it. We can participate. What would you like to see done ?

Watch this.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2017 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you even know ?

Mine cost $1,200.00.

No one cares what they don't have to pay. No one shops for price savings to their insurance companies. Insurance companies don't reward that.

We should not be able to get an insurance fair value payoff and spend it as we might. Just like if my car was wrecked. Their estimate. Which can be challenged.

Shitz gonna change. What do you want ? Talk about it now to adjust / cement your thoughts, and to allow time to reach your czars with your wishes.

We need to be able to shop around. Not just for insurance companies. Also for providers.

64 slice cat scan was 3400.. insurance covered 2300.
mri was 4700 each.. they did 2.. insurance covered 2500 on the first and zero so far on the 2nd as they don't think it was needed.. good thing a data entry dope knows more than doctors.. (don't get me started)

Basic office visit is 650.00 insurance covers 400.00
blood work.. basic 150.00 and it's never just a basic test of one sample..
yearly phic. is free the insurance covers it 100% but it's 1200.00

As far as shopping around.. that sounds great if you have a choice and time to do it.. but I don't know about you.. but if the doctor says we need to do an mri, it's when can it be done.. not welp I'll shop it on angies medical list. and get back to you.

I try to go to the urgent care over my doctors office or er as it is much cheaper.. but even tho it's in the same building as my doctor. you never know what doctor you'll get or if it'll be just a r.n.
And that doesn't always save me or the insurance co money.. cause if it's bad they'll request a follow up with my doctor.. so it becomes the urgent care bill 295.00 and then the my doctors office bill of 650.

What is causing the issues of health care cost rise is mal practice .. and doctors will run every test just to cover their butts.. most are not needed but are done to cover their butts..
I can't blame them..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-24-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An MRI in China cost me $100. Funny how it cost so much here.

A 2 gram tube of anti-viral cream for fever blisters costs $700 at CVS. It costs $3 in Thailand for 3 grams.

Something is very wrong here.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2017 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A 2 gram tube of anti-viral cream for fever blisters costs $700 at CVS. It costs $3 in Thailand for 3 grams.

You just answered why the government wants to be in control and single payer..
We are used to high cost..
they will get the rx for cheap but still charge you the huge mark up..
And there will be no controls on where that extra money goes or spent on..
Sorry. charging one person so another can get it for zero isn't right.. and they'd do that while getting fat pockets.. As I doubt the extra money would go into an account/fund.. it be like every other government dept.. we have x dollars to spend, spend it if we need to or not.. that = waste and government controlled anything are masters of that.
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you walk into an office in China and see or inquire as to what the MRI costs? Here in the US no one knows what it costs till the bills shows up and then you get a seperate balanced billed for the reading of the MRI later.

The viral cream is an interesting one. I know the large drug store chains base pricing on a target price, instead of a basic cost plus method used for most other items sold in the US.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turns out the government was responsible for the employer healthcare benefit way back in the post WWII era.

https://www.zanebenefits.co...ce-post-world-war-ii

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

national health care.
get treated .......without....... pay for it.

"FROM each according to his ability, TO each according to his need."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-24-2017).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2017 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
inane childish reply

Are you a dog, randye?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife had a car accident today, her fault. Even though the tree jumped out behind her while she was backing up. Damages not bad but she has a nice car and we want it fixed, and have full coverage insurance. I went to get some estimates before I claimed it on our insurance. The first question by all three repair shops I went to was "who is your insurance company".

Just like that last video alluded to.

I don't agree with the "No one cares what they don't have to pay" because they did pay for the coverage and often don't have a option to shop around unless they want to pay out of pocket.

Heh, yeah, they did pay for the coverage, the only one offered. Correct ?

Originally posted by FieroReinke:
In my opinion, employee based insurance is the second worst idea in the world. The worst idea is government based health insurance. Health insurance should be regulated and bought just like all other types of insurance, IE auto, home, life etc. and on the open market. Let me choose what level of insurance I want, what amount of deductible i want and what coverage i want and don't want. Let me go with out it if I choose, but I am in control of my own destiny. Just like auto, life or home insurance, you will pay based on your risk. If you are a smoker you pay more just like if you have had a half dozen car accidents then you pay more in car insurance. If I quit my job, i still have insurance and the rate shouldn't change. I can better budget my money and savings that way. If employers need to use health insurance as a benefit to acquire the right talent, then they can provide a stipend that can only be used on health insurance costs, similar to the way a health savings account or flex spending account is used.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

Can you walk into an office in China and see or inquire as to what the MRI costs? Here in the US no one knows what it costs till the bills shows up and then you get a seperate balanced billed for the reading of the MRI later.

The viral cream is an interesting one. I know the large drug store chains base pricing on a target price, instead of a basic cost plus method used for most other items sold in the US.

As a matter of fact you have to pay for all services BEFORE they will even see you. Emergency room too. If you walk in bleeding out they will want to see cash or ATM card before giving you a rag to staunch the flow of blood. One night I had to call an ambulance for a passenger that went unconscious. The ambulance crew collected cash from the family before they would even look at the pax. Now I thought being a communist country they had free healthcare. Not even close.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you even know ?

Mine cost $1,200.00.

To the same point, I recently took a physical for a job. They suspected that I have a double hernia. Instead of an MRI they said I could get an abdominal ultra sound. The cost ?

With insurance - $1,211.00

Payment Plan - $847.00

Cash up front - $155.00

, .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35951 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Watch this.

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh, yeah, they did pay for the coverage, the only one offered. Correct ?

There is only one insurance provider out there? It may have been the only one offered by their employer but that does not mean it's the only one they can choose. Even so, at many places my father has worked over the years there was 2 or 3 different options for provider through his employer and then different options from each provider. When I worked at the machine shop, we only had one option for provider but 3 options for what kind of coverage we wanted from them.

Either way, once an insurer is selected you have to work within their structured plans. Same with auto or home insurance. Once you are insured by some company under some policy, you can't switch to another company after the accident has happened and you now find their terms more to your liking. At least not and expect them to cover you for that accident.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My current job pays for my healthcare. Bluecross.
Includes eye and dental.
This is how it was growing up as the prices went up places stopped doing it.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My current job pays for my healthcare. Bluecross.
Includes eye and dental.
This is how it was growing up as the prices went up places stopped doing it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In fact, I have paid the NobamaCare penalty/tax every year that I have had to.

Click to show

In my best Forrest Gump voice, "that's all I got to say about that". Except that ain't true, .

Do you even know ?
Mine cost $1,200.00.

... I recently took a physical for a job. They suspected that I have a double hernia. Instead of an MRI they said I could get an abdominal ultra sound. The cost ?

With insurance - $1,211.00

Payment Plan - $847.00

Cash up front - $155.00

, .

It sucks to be me, . I have developed the big "C". Skin cancer. I don't have long to live, send me beer, .

Heh,

Now, I do have a double hernia, whaa whaa me. Medical code 4905 says that I should pay $3,380.00. Cash price ? $1,200,00.
That's just for the doctor.

Somehow or another the doctor has listed $1,690,00 for Rt & Lft. Another $1,690.00.
Cash price ? $600.00.

What my NobamaCare should pay (I have none) is $5,070.00.
Cash price ? $1,800.00.

Gosh, I am getting old. My health is deteriorating I guess. I need those young dumb full of harmones people to take care of me. They can worry about theirs later.

WE DON'T HAVE A HEALTH CARE CRISIS ! We have a cost crisis. Just like when gooberment decided to give college loans.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have developed the big "C". Skin cancer.

That's what they said. $3,500.00 to remove the ... kinda' scab like looking thing that never went away. Self funded ?
$500.00.

Today, I hear on the radio that free skin cancer evaluations are being done (a different source). What the heck is wrong with a second opinion, and, if it's free, it's for me.

The concurrence is that I do have the BIG c. He will remove it for $140.00, and he has been practicing for over 30 years here in Kerrville.
I should say his $140.00 bucks includes a $40.00 ?biopsy? of said growth. The other guy charged me $50.00 and still wants $500.00.

Oh well.

Then, ... I get an ad in the mail today. A dental ad. Prominently displayed, in big colored bold face type was, Accepting Medicaid, & CHIPS, and all PPO Insurance plans.
("Preferred Provider Organization").

There is nothing wrong with our health care except the cost. I should say cost structure.
Government or insurance company mandated. Two peas in a pod ?

Why does the doctor give better self funded costs ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-12-2017).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, some Republican Congressman from FloriDUH suggested a good way to get rid of NobamaCare is to mandate Congress, all the Congressional aides, and employess, have to abide by NobamaCare.

Duhh !

They were supposed to, but Nobama exempted them from doing so by Executive Order, which Trump can reverse.

The union wanted it but also wanted to be exempted.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, some Republican Congressman from FloriDUH suggested a good way to get rid of NobamaCare is to mandate Congress, all the Congressional aides, and employess, have to abide by NobamaCare.

Duhh !

They were supposed to, but Nobama exempted them from doing so by Executive Order, which Trump can reverse.

The union wanted it but also wanted to be exempted.

Why should we provide them with ANY insurance? They can afford the best there is out there.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My sisters had Obamacare since it started because of her precondition cancer. She pays over $1000 a month for just herself. Her mortgage is $650. She just went to the eye doctor, got a $550 bill for exam and glasses, and told shes got the beginnings of cataracts in both eyes. The surgery is $6000 per eye. Her Obamacare... they say na, none of thats covered.

I actually dont know how Obamacare is failing. In her case shes spent over $80,000 for Obamacare and only received partial payouts of maybe $15,000 for prescriptions in those 7 years. Id love to be in that business making a 400% profit from just one customer. If she didnt have it, she could have paid what she got out of just over one year of her premiums and pocketed the other $65,000. If she just paid the $2500 penalty each year shed still saved over $55,000. And I didnt know this, Obamacare apparently cancels out when Medicare starts, so she will never get any more of her $80,000 back.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-28-2017).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I seem to recall Canada has a paid healthcare system. Ive heard many stories of Canadians coming to the US to get medical procedures and operations because it takes years there to get anything ever done. They come here even when they have to pay that cost themselves.

YUP !!

Lemme tell ya about Dad's cancer in 2014. He had been feeling "not right" and having a LOT of breathing problems for a couple years, and all the docs kept doing was giving him more meds and inhalers for COPD, even though lung function tests showed 97%. It took an intern on a 2am "cant breathe" hospital visit to take one look at his massive belly and say "thats fluid build up". They drained 12 litres (about 3 gallons) that night and surprise, after about 4 years he could breathe again.

A week later they opened him up for exploratory surgery, took one look and sewed him shut then decided "palliative care only". There was NO attempt at radiation, chemo or any other treatment and I will always be convinced it was because of age and the waiting lists. They arent going to put an 84-year-old man into treatment when the slot can be given to somebody in their 20's or 30's. 7 weeks later he was dead because what had been a slow spread went like wildfire once the air hit the tumors. (I understand that actually pretty common). He actually talked about heading to the US or Mexico for treatment, but by the time he recovered enough from the surgery to even move was too sick to travel.

Now, my own job-induced PTSD...in 2011 I had to fund my own (semi-successful and not terribly) hypnotherapy because all the docs wanted to do was toss zombie-meds, happy-pills and NEXT. This treatment program I got into in 2016 is actually a (very successful) research study into neural feedback and re-programming the brains fight/flight response and the triggers to it.There were over 2,000 applicants for 250 slots. I got in but the rest are going to have to wait for at LEAST clinical trials in 3 years or so, and general use in 5-plus years after that.

Welcome to Canada.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-27-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay