State Quarter Dollars by PK
Started on: 07-28-2016 03:39 PM
Replies: 36 (772 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 11-08-2021 02:48 AM
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My lovely Tishabelle is trying to collect your lovely State quarter dollars.

To confuse matters they were minted at both Philadelphia and Denver mints. Sooo she is trying to get both thre "d" and the "p" versions as denoted on the rhs of the heads side!

She has these ones already:
Oklahoma - p
Oregon - p
Connecticut - d
Vermont - p
New Mexico - d
North Dakota - p
Wisconsin - p
Pennsylvania - p
Utah - d
Rhode Island -d
American Samoa - d
Kansas - d
South Carolina - p
Texas - d
Georgia - d
Virginia - p
North Carolina - p
Louisiana -p
Ohio -d
Delaware -p
West Virginia -p
Nebraska - d and p
Maryland - d and p

But if anyone either has a collection they would consider selling or can help in any way please let me know.

Cheers
PK

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 07-28-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if Tishabelle is an adult, or if she's young and has an allowance, but she might use the method an uncle of mine used. He would go to the bank and buy a roll or rolls of coins, sort through and pick out the ones he needed for his collection, then go back with whatever was left, adding some more bills to it, and buy more. It's surprising how many collectable coins are in circulation.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think PK is in the UK.......OK?

Which begs the question......What would it take to send such a package to Oxford, England?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-28-2016).]

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
give me a few hours. I had some that where uncirculated and put in a nice display igave up early but have some nice ones that id sell. Id sell the display board as well if you wanted. Ill get pics tonight.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a jar of quarters, at least 50 bucks worth, does she need Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and it is summer time that's when most people go on vacation ?

I am sure I can find those easy in that jar.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool, ha I'm not sure either. She assures me that she's all growd up. As WG mentions there is a slight issue with coin access. :-)

WG, yes getting coins could be an issue. I guess if anyone is willing to help we will find out if postage an issue!!!!! Indeed I am on t'other side of the Atlantic.

Tstang, thank you would def be interested to know what you have and how much you would want.

84fiero, yes she does need those ones! If you could find them that would be great. Let of know how much for them if you would be willing to send.

Cheers
PK

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 07-29-2016).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
fierofool, ha I'm not sure either. She assures me that she's all growd up. As WG mentions there is a slight issue with coin access. :-)

WG, yes getting coins could be am issue. I guess if anyone is willing to help we will find out if postage am issue.

Tstang, thank you would def be interested to know what you have and how much you would want.

84fiero, yes she does need those ones! If you could find them that would be great. Let of know how much for them if you would be willing to send.

Cheers
PK

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just checked the USPS website and it looks like it would cost at least $33 to send a small package to England. There must be a better way.
Someone here probably has a better idea.

You could buy an entire set for $45, but I don't know what shipping would cost.
http://www.thepatrioticmint...d-State-Quarter.aspx

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-29-2016).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha brilliant WG thank you! I tried to buy online but although they have UK option it wont accept my card details. Have emailed them and hopefully they can sell me a complete set! Postage for the complete set was only $34.50 and hopefully customs will be kind! :-)

Thanks again for the linky dink.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I just checked the USPS website and it looks like it would cost at least $33 to send a small package to England. There must be a better way.
Someone here probably has a better idea.

You could buy an entire set for $45, but I don't know what shipping would cost.
http://www.thepatrioticmint...d-State-Quarter.aspx

That is a great deal as those are uncirculated and blemish free. all of mine are all scratched up from being pocket change. After my pocket gets so full I count out 6 coins of each denomination and put the rest in jars, and from a collectors point of view uncirculated coins are more valuable.

But from a personal point of view, meaning she knows where the coins came from, Maine, NY, CA, and all the rest of our memberships homes they can have more value to her personally. As far as having trouble with your credit card, I have that sometimes when I buy MM seeds online, just ask the site for help. they know why there is trouble and how to fix it, hey they want your money.

If not then just PM your address, I would be happy to send them to her, the ones I have anyway. Then she can fill her card with quarters and before she puts the coins in can take a small peace of paper saying who it cane from and where they sent it from in the states they sent them from. More personal to her, but less valuable to any other coin collector. I did a quick look yesterday of my jar and have Maine, TN, and both of the duel mint quarters she is looking for, and would be happy to help, No charge, just PM me your address. A few quarters should not cost that much to send to England, hell when we sent Nick those hearing aids I don't think they were all that expensive, but I really don't remember exactly how much, that was a while, few years ago.

There are also many mint sights that minted coins over the years, though I have no idea if all of the sights minted the quarters.

http://www.usmint.gov/about...int/mint_facilities/

Good luck and if you still want or need those coins I have just PM me, happy to help.

Steve
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats really kind. Thank you Steve! She is less worried about condition, most of her collection is circulated and while condition is still important you can bet that she knows where they all came from... And when.. And from which mint. :-)

I managed to place an order on the patriot site, so will wait to see what arrives and then may revive the thread once we have more mint info.

I sent her the linky dink to.this thread but hopefully she will forget to check it and the coins will be a surprise.

Thanks again for the help and very generous offers. Much appreciated.

PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you will be by London 8/8 to 8/14? I could fill a pocket....
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aha we could be!! That would be great! Are you on hols? Dont want to use up too much of your time over here but if it fits in with your plans we could be there on 13th or 14th :-)
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I think PK is in the UK.......OK?

Which begs the question......What would it take to send such a package to Oxford, England?

Hey! It was 9:40 in the evening (UK time) when I posted. I was about to fall asleep.

For some reason, about the only time I look at where someone is from, is when they introduce themselves for the first time, or when buying or selling something in The Mall.
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, to throw a monkey wrench into your conundrum, there are also San Francisco minted varieties in Silver as well... but they will of course cost quite a bit more. Also, there seems to be San Francisco as clad as well....

http://www.coincommunity.co...c.asp?TOPIC_ID=98498
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh joy! Thanks, sounds like we need to add "S" to the list. :-B
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The coins are here in a lovely presentation folder! The girly is very happy. Thanks for the offers of help and linky dinks.

The coins are so nicely snugged in the display we cant see which mint they are from :-)
Tishabelle is now muttering something about being able to identify them by square or round edges. :-)
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Any chance you will be by London 8/8 to 8/14? I could fill a pocket....

We kept an eye out but didn't see you
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2016 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
has the list of haves been updated.
and what set is she looking for..
they are running thought the states a 2nd time now..
with different back art than the first set..
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:We kept an eye out but didn't see you

What a trip. I got "stomach" issues on the flight in and 2 more "runs" of the problem during the visit. You guys have huge variety of coins in circulation. Several sizes of the one pence, the 10 pence, the queen, different ages in the engravings.

If the list is still valid, I can make a visit through the many piles of coins to fill the list some.

The visit was my sons Make a Wish and I made sure it was all about him as best I could. He really should have used the wheel chair more, there were nights he did not sleep due to the pain.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

has the list of haves been updated.
and what set is she looking for..
they are running thought the states a 2nd time now..
with different back art than the first set..

EF

The list is still active as she would like to complete her circulated sets too. :-)

Are the new quarters definitely state coins? She seems to think they are state parks?

Cheers PK

PFF
System Bot
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FG

Sorry to hear of your probs. :-S
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
FG

Sorry to hear of your probs. :-S
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2016 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

EF

The list is still active as she would like to complete her circulated sets too. :-)

Are the new quarters definitely state coins? She seems to think they are state parks?

Cheers PK

United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters

In 2010, the United States Mint began issuing 56 quarter-dollar coins featuring designs depicting national parks and other national sites as part of the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters® Program. 2016 marks the seventh year of the program and features the next five quarters. Check out the America the Beautiful Quarters National Site Register to find out which national site in your state or U.S. territory was selected and to see designs from previous years.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 08-27-2016).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

Aha brilliant WG thank you! I tried to buy online but although they have UK option it wont accept my card details. Have emailed them and hopefully they can sell me a complete set! Postage for the complete set was only $34.50 and hopefully customs will be kind! :-)

Thanks again for the linky dink.

Buy on Ebay. Ship to my house. I will reship them to you for actual USPS cost...or DHL. Whatever carrier you want. No charge. Been here a long time. Have a steady reputation. We are only talking about $25 worth of coins, can't be that much on there. They only weigh a couple pounds. Can't be that pricey to send to you.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the linky dink spark. A whole new project going on there I think. :-)

Ls3mach, thanks for the very kind offer. She would really like to finish the circulated collections she has started with these state quarters so this would definitely be make that much easier!!! thank you.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as an update, I managed to find someone less than 15miles from my house selling a full set of both P and D mints!!!!could not believe thankmy luck. Cost less than just the import charge on the other set I got her and was able to collect.

Thanks again Der the advice and offers to help.

Cheers
PK
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2017 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are so many territory quarters out now, it is a little insane. And if you really want a complete set there are a few "on purpose" mistake coins, One state even had 3 variations of the same coin, value is high on them. I know not something you want to hear.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone tell me any info about this coin pleasey?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

Can anyone tell me any info about this coin pleasey?

I've certainly not seen this one before... but this link says they came out in 2010: https://www.silverrecyclers...ore-dollar-coin.aspx

The US routinely makes dollar coins, and 50 cent pieces as well.

In the 70s, the half-dollar was really common. They continued making them well into the 80s and 90s, and they still make them. They had a special one in 1976.

With the dollar coin, they've made dozens of different kinds over the past 40 years. In the 1970s, they had a bunch of dollar coins, including one that commemorated the lunar landing. They also had a special one in 1976... which I think had the Apollo on it. Then in 1979, they had the Suzanne B. Anthony dollar coin, and then in 2000, they had the... I can't spell it, the native American lady that helped Lewis and Clark. And then through the mid 2000s, they made all kinds. They started printing dozens and dozens of different dollar coins within the past couple of years as well... they even have the states on them.
PFF
System Bot
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks very much to you both. Great info and linky dinks, much appreciated.

Cheers
PK
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1976 dollar coin was a bicentennial coin that had the 1776-1976 dates on it. Dwight Eisenhower's likeness was the president used.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2021 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the Susan B. Anthony $1 coin. A few produced, extremely unpopular, went the way of the Dodo bird.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 11-04-2021).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

The 1976 dollar coin was a bicentennial coin that had the 1776-1976 dates on it. Dwight Eisenhower's likeness was the president used.

Yeah, I can't remember to save my life. My "coin collection" if you could call it that, is at my parents house since they no longer move.

But I have a bunch of dollar coins and half-dollar coins from the 70s and 60s. I remember (well... remember seeing after the fact) that both the half-dollar and dollar coin changed in 1976 for the Bicentennial, like the quarter. I haven't looked at them in years though. I just remembered that there were a bunch of them that were space related.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"What is a coin, Grandpa?"

I always have a few $20 bills in my wallet, but the only times over the last five or six years I have spent actual cash is at food trucks at music festivals. Between cell phones and Visa cards, it would not be tough to assemble a pretty accurate day to day, minute to minute picture of almost anyone's life.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have factory sealed rolls of each. To my knowledge they have no intrinsic value outside of face.

Edit

Didn't realize this thread was so old and that I had posted about it then. They just sit in my safe. I think I even gave a leather bound book with singles too. I don't even pay attention to them. I started collecting coins when i was a wee lad. I mean, they were already worth something right? Haven't touched them or my stamps in years. Silver notes. Red notes. Silver certificates. $2 bills all that crap. Doubt they ever are worth anything of real value. Even have some 1800 V nickels.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 11-08-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock