Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  25 state say no to Syrian refugees. Now what? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
25 state say no to Syrian refugees. Now what? by RayOtton
Started on: 11-17-2015 02:26 PM
Replies: 71 (979 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 11-22-2015 03:11 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see Der Fuhrer threatened to veto anything Congress passes that will affect they Syrians he wants in. Love those Gestapo tactics he uses. Government is by and for the people...and over 50% dont want them. The US is his personal kingdom.

Just sayin, wonder if he would be held responsible if he lets them in and a bunch are militants and attack something on US soil like in Paris ?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by tebailey:

This should be a UN problem not a US problem. Let the UN set up safe places for them.

Id agree to that solution. How about the Sahara Desert where theres nothing they can hurt. Be the same climate conditions there used to also.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I see Der Fuhrer threatened to veto anything Congress passes that will affect they Syrians he wants in. Love those Gestapo tactics he uses. Government is by and for the people...and over 50% dont want them. The US is his personal kingdom.

Just sayin, wonder if he would be held responsible if he lets them in and a bunch are militants and attack something on US soil like in Paris ?

You do know that one power the US President has is VETO, right? This power is granted in the US CONSTITUTION. If Congress is REALLY concerned, they have the ability to override his veto.

(not defending Obama... just pointing out that what you said is incorrect)
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by tebailey:

This should be a UN problem not a US problem. Let the UN set up safe places for them.

Find a place in the Middle East... setup another "new" country, run by the UN
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

You do know that one power the US President has is VETO, right? This power is granted in the US CONSTITUTION. If Congress is REALLY concerned, they have the ability to override his veto.

know and understand, we the people have the biggest veto power,, and that is why they want the guns..

As long as The biggest army in the world ,the American people . are armed, the brew haha about the C.I.C. sendng national guard or troops in, to force states to take the Syrians, will never happen..
and if it did, they would never fire or enforce the order.. as they'd get run over by that biggest army in the world.. as it's not going to take much for we the pissed off people to say, fluck it..

connect the dots, the want to ban guns has zero to do with anyone's safety... it's about being able to control we the people fully and completely..

The sad part is Obama might use this Syrian refugee issue to bring marshal law. and become king dictator.
again follow the dots... or like in the cartoons, follow the bouncing ball..

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...

So... back on topic...know and understand... we have a constitution, and that clearly defines the powers of each branch of our government. Congress passes legislation, if vetoed, it goes back to Congress and they can override the veto. Pretty clear, and very simple to understand.

If you want to talk about gun control... you may want to try a different topic.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

know and understand, we the people have the biggest veto power,, and that is why they want the guns..

As long as The biggest army in the world ,the American people . are armed, the brew haha about the C.I.C. sendng national guard or troops in, to force states to take the Syrians, will never happen..
and if it did, they would never fire or enforce the order.. as they'd get run over by that biggest army in the world.. as it's not going to take much for we the pissed off people to say, fluck it..

connect the dots, the want to ban guns has zero to do with anyone's safety... it's about being able to control we the people fully and completely..

The sad part is Obama might use this Syrian refugee issue to bring marshal law. and become king dictator.
again follow the dots... or like in the cartoons, follow the bouncing ball..

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic

I find it interesting that Military professionals, those that actually served, have a lot to say about this.

The World laughs.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow...

So... back on topic...know and understand... we have a constitution, and that clearly defines the powers of each branch of our government. Congress passes legislation, if vetoed, it goes back to Congress and they can override the veto. Pretty clear, and very simple to understand.

If you want to talk about gun control... you may want to try a different topic.

wow you are clueless, on how issues connect..
narrow minded comes to mind,, lack of deep thinking..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Back on topic

I find it interesting that Military professionals, those that actually served, have a lot to say about this.

The World laughs.

the MILITARY they served in, has moved to the history books, the Military of today isn't the same animal as what they lived..

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the Military of today isn't the same animal ..

This is why I asked this:

Originally posted by 2.5:

Did these storys reflect a truth?

http://news.investors.com/i...-purged-by-obama.htm

http://downtrend.com/jrc410...general-in-his-purge

http://www.infowars.com/top...evel-military-purge/
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

narrow minded comes to mind,, lack of deep thinking..

You explain yourself very well
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I ABSOLUTELY know Congress can override a veto, but it takes more than just a majority. While a majority dont want them here, I dont know if they can muster up 67%. Just the fact he would veto Congressional will is enough to pizz me off. Like I said dirty tactics. So what part is incorrect ?

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-19-2015).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope and change!
https://www.rt.com/usa/3227...ate-syrian-refugees/

http://www.wsj.com/articles...ee-system-1447955993

Rep. Gerald Connolly (D., Va.), an influential foreign policy voice, said more Democrats had warmed to the legislation because the administration hadn’t given them “a compelling reason to vote no,” as he left a closed-door meeting with White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-19-2015).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So what part is incorrect ?

The US is his personal kingdom.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Hope and change!
https://www.rt.com/usa/3227...ate-syrian-refugees/

http://www.wsj.com/articles...ee-system-1447955993

"The US House of Representatives has voted on a bill that sharply increases the security screening ..

The bill requires top US security officials (FBI, Homeland Security and Director of National Intelligence) to certify that every refugee admitted to the US “does not represent a security threat,” according to McCaul, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

"Protecting the American homeland is not a partisan issue""

Sounds pretty non-controvercial to me.
But Obama had quite an issue with it.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

its his kingdom

Ha, tell that to the eminent one. So far what he wants he gets one way or another. So me saying his way of doing business is incorrect? What hole is your head stuck in.

Moving on, Congress passed the bill putting his admission of Syrian and Iraqui 'refugees' on hold. He says he will veto it. Good thing is apparently Congress is sure they have enough votes to OVERIDE it, as long as no one changes their vote then. We may finally get to see Der Fuhrer put in his place. Have to see how the war plays out.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-19-2015).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What hole is your head stuck in.

You can explain it TO them but you can't understand it FOR them.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

On the face of it, a ridiculous post. You are looking for a fight but you won't find one here.

No, not at all as ridiculous as letting in 10,000 Syrian refugees when we have proof muslum jehadists are hiding within them.
But no, Ray I have no argument with you.

Now go away, please.

Ray, I went back to your first post and I have been off topic, sorry.
But I won't go away

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back on topic.

What would an American soldier do when there is an American soldier in his sights?

This

Then about a century and half later, the losing sides military battle flag will be declared racist, by liberals.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Ray, I went back to your first post and I have been off topic, sorry.
But I won't go away

Great, thanks.

I do appreciate you taking the time to re-evaluate the post.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great, thanks.

I do appreciate you taking the time to re-evaluate the post.

Cool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

This
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Then about a century and half later, the losing sides military battle flag will be declared racist, by liberals.

Good point
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the MILITARY they served in, has moved to the history books, the Military of today isn't the same animal as what they lived..

Most of us have moved on to beyond history, and into the grave, but those of us that remain don't believe the animal has changed much if at all. UMCJ has changed very little--if anything, it has gotten tougher. It has also become much harder on those who would take 'military law' into their own hands. I keep up with the Marine Corps on several websites. Leatherneck.com and Popasmoke.com
Popasmoke used to be named USMC/Vietnam Helicopter Pilot & Aircrew Association, is now known as the USMC/Combat Helicopter & Tiltrotor Association.
All the original Vietnam Marine sites I joined years ago, have now allowed in 'the New Breed' the guys and women who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't see a nickel's worth of difference in those fine younger Marines and the ones I served with 40+ years ago. Same hard nosed, professional, take no prisoner, 'bring it on' types the Corps has always had, and hopefully always will. Generals Boomer and Mattis replaced my generation's General Walt and partially replaced Chesty Puller, but those 2 generals are as no-nonsense as any the Corps ever had and their pragmatism filtered right down to the lance corporals and privates. There isn't a Marine alive that doesn't know who General mattis is and would follow him into hell and he is not the type to kowtow to Washington--and Washington DC knew it.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-20-2015).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is doggedly determined to import 25,000 by year's end!!!

Well, he DID win the election on that promise, pulling Canada's jets out of Syria and to allow
Muslim women to wear the Niqab/Burka (face hidden) during the Canadian Citizen Swearing-in Ceremony.
Muslims had 80% voter turnout http://www.cbc.ca/news/poli...a-election-1.3327060

The Toronto Star is the main "rah-rah Liberals" newspaper.
Even they think this timetable of 25,000 in the next month is nuts!
http://www.thestar.com/opin...right-editorial.html

Statistics Canada shows that after 4 years, 30-40% of refugees are still on welfare.
So all the talk that having lots of refugees 'benefits' the country don't ring quite true.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pu...626-x2015051-eng.htm

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-22-2015).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
25 state say no to Syrian refugees. Now what?

Back in the day, ... circa 1775, a bunch of rag tags were trying to form a nation. So, they all gathered and said let's form a union. In exchange, the union will tell you who you must allow in your States. NOT !

... back on topic...know and understand... we have a constitution, and that clearly defines the powers of each branch of our government.

True, and powers not granted to the Feds were retained by the States. Odd that the Constitution does not grant the Feds the power of immigration enforcement.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Big O just left a Syrian refugee camp. Great little visit in another land. Good times.

Now, just how well are your own friends and family doing?
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

The Big O just left a Syrian refugee camp. Great little visit in another land. Good times.

Went home for a visit, did he?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

This

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Statistics Canada shows that after 4 years, 30-40% of refugees are still on welfare.

No wonder they won't give me any!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I will use candy to make this as simple as I can. It is candy. Children understand candy. Here we go...

PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MmmmMMmm...M&Ms.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock