Started on: 11-07-2015 08:28 PM
Replies: 8 (201 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 11-08-2015 03:53 AM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Annoying sound track!

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 11-07-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That stuff is great for repairs

I love the whole "sets in 4 seconds using a led"

Two hints about no doc- it is very expensive per ounce and it doesn't stick well to smooth surfaces.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 11-07-2015).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012
I sometimes use a little of it to join two pieces I have just to get them fitted properly and then go back with a different adhesive and finish the job...
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I'll watch it in a few minutes

That stuff is both awesome and "meh'".

I love the whole "sets in 4 seconds using a led"

But it is very expensive per ounce and it doesn't stick well to smooth surfaces.

I like that you can potentially build stuff using it (you draw it and then zap it and then draw it and zap it...)

I don't see it bonding that plastic together well at all, and I wonder how well it will do in the sun and weather...

They say it is the same process that dentists use to build temp crowns. From personal experience, if that is true, it will be wonderful. I'm in the process of having several crowns done and they have used an epoxy and an led, similar to Bondic, to build the temps in just seconds!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks OEM.

I see it's purpose.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And here I thought this was going to be another Lorena Bobbitt thread.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

They say it is the same process that dentists use to build temp crowns. From personal experience, if that is true, it will be wonderful. I'm in the process of having several crowns done and they have used an epoxy and an led, similar to Bondic, to build the temps in just seconds!

That stuff's smell is identical to Bondo®.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

We have been using UV cure polymers in my business, (medical devices), for over 15 years now.
I have completely automated assembly machines that produce medical valves and connectors for vascular access applications, that use this type of system.
"Bondic" is precisely the same material and technique, adapted on a small scale for the home user.

http://www.dymax.com/

http://www.dymax.com/adhesi...ht-curable-adhesives

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-07-2015).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bondage? Pics, or it didn't happen.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock