Started on: 04-02-2015 01:16 PM
Replies: 23 (588 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 07-15-2015 10:07 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...while I was out riding my bicycle. How long does it take for the pictures to show up on Google maps? Weeks, months?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen pics 3 years old on google maps arial view. I dont know if street view is updated earlier.

Is this you?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-02-2015).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Is this you?

Yeah, but that's an old picture. My hair is more gray now.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya had me curious...just checked my street on Google Street View...and it's been updated at last! Probably about a year ago, cuz there's our "new" SUV, parked where we haven't parked it since a month or so after getting it...

Too bad, I suppose. I was going to have a laugh at my old vehicles from 5 years ago. Guess I probably wont see myself walking down at the park anymore, either...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Ya had me curious...just checked my street on Google Street View...and it's been updated at last! Probably about a year ago, cuz there's our "new" SUV, parked where we haven't parked it since a month or so after getting it...

Too bad, I suppose. I was going to have a laugh at my old vehicles from 5 years ago. Guess I probably wont see myself walking down at the park anymore, either...

Some areas have views from different dates, so you can go back in time and check out old cars and shops and whatnot...
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Some areas have views from different dates, so you can go back in time and check out old cars and shops and whatnot...

Yes. I was looking at an address and there was a new building. Moved about a hundred feet up the street and the view changed to a wooded, undeveloped lot where the building was. Then another hundred or so feet and looking back and the building was there again. When they stitched it, they inserted an old view in the middle of 2 more current views.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Yes. I was looking at an address and there was a new building. Moved about a hundred feet up the street and the view changed to a wooded, undeveloped lot where the building was. Then another hundred or so feet and looking back and the building was there again. When they stitched it, they inserted an old view in the middle of 2 more current views.

Maybe Google is experimenting with time travel?
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

I checked Street View a few months ago. Sadly, it had updated, and my Fiero was no longer there. It's been gone a few years now, but it was nice to be able to see it as if it was still there...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Yeah, but that's an old picture. My hair is more gray now.

Thank you.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use Google Maps and enter 2372 Clower Street, SW, Snellville, Ga. and using street view move up and down the street. Another I recently found while looking at my Niece's store in Mt. Vernon, Me. had a Fiero sitting in front of a building. An 88 base coupe T-top just across the bridge from the Old Post Office Cafe. Photo dated Sept. 2011.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found my answer. It takes six to twelve months from when the car takes the picture to when the image is on line.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw one here two a few months ago (Dec 2014?). I just looked and my address is updated now. All my old cars are gone and you can see the motorhome and trailer instead. It shows all the new street and sidewalks too, and those weren't done until early Dec.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My sons Bonneville SSEI can be seen it two different towns........
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my Fiero is still in front of my house on Google Maps, it brings tears to my eyes because it's the side view and it's so beautiful and I had such great rims on it. I will be sad the day they updated

by the way it's been there for years I have not had my Fiero since 2012

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 04-04-2015).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can still see my Fiero parked in front of the house I lived in my last semester of college in Houghton MI - back in September 2008

And where I used to work years ago, back in 2009

If the Street View car went through more than once, you can choose which time you want to see. My Grandparent's house, you have the choice of 3 times, one of which you can see my father's car in the driveway.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess they make it this far out in the back country. No streetview of my address.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They got me!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-14-2015).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Now they know where to find you if they need to snatch you off the street in the unmarked van. Did they blur your face?

I just looked at my house and the picture is 3 years old. It seems they have blurred out the license plates on the my vehicles.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Did they blur your face?

No, I always look like that.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, I always look like that.

Dam you beat me to it

Steve
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They got me!

That's pretty damning evidence man. After all, it is illegal to pedal A$$ in Arizona.

Brad
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Some areas have views from different dates, so you can go back in time...

For some reason this thread inspired me to see if I could find myself driving years ago when I recall seeing the Google Earth car. I couldn't remember exactly where it was, or when it was, or even what I was driving. No problem eh?

Ta-da, I found me!

That's my '84 duke that's sort of been retired since I got my '88 Formula... although the hood, decklid, wheels/tires and seats have all been transferred over.

As you can see, I had six versions of this stretch of road to check out. If nothing else, I'm persistent.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-15-2015).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

For some reason this thread inspired me to see if I could find myself driving years ago when I recall seeing the Google Earth car. I couldn't remember exactly where it was, or when it was, or even what I was driving. No problem eh?

Ta-da, I found me!

That's my '84 duke that's sort of been retired since I got my '88 Formula... although the hood, decklid, wheels/tires and seats have all been transferred over.

As you can see, I had six versions of this stretch of road to check out. If nothing else, I'm persistent.

Very cool!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock