Started on: 01-31-2015 08:21 PM
Replies: 35 (1610 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 02-03-2015 05:34 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think so.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I don't think so.

Photochop?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jupiter_8

The Jupiter 8 was a two-seat sports car marketed to the inhabitants of the planet 892-IV. It was first viewed by the crew of the USS Enterprise in the television news footage upon entering orbit of the planet.
The Jupiter 8 was "played" by the Reactor, a custom aluminum show car designed by Gene Winfield and completed in 1965. The Reactor was based on a 1956 Citroën DS chassis and powered by a Chevrolet Corvair engine. The hand-built car featured electronically-operated doors, hood and roof. It was painted metallic green.
Its fleeting appearance as the Jupiter 8, warranted the shooting of a number of publicity shots with William Shatner in the guise of Captain James T. Kirk, posing with and in the car.

http://www.blastr.com/2012/...wn_sci_fi_fact_2.php

The Reactor Mach II was built by automotive artist Gene Winfield in 1965. According to Memory Alpha, "The Reactor was based on a 1956 Citroen DS chassis and powered by a Chevrolet Corvair engine. The hand-built car featured electronically-operating doors, hood and roof." It also had an aluminum body, which would have crumpled upon impact.
It made a third and final appearance in the Star Trek episode "Bread and Circuses," where the car was given the name "Jupiter 8" and appeared in a television commercial. (We surmise that the above photo was taken during the filming of the episode.)
Winfield also designed the Galileo 7 shuttle used in the Star Trek episode of the same name.

The Reactor has retired from TV life and now lives at Darryl Starbird National Rod & Custom Hall of Fame.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-31-2015).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Photochop?

Yeah, check the shadows.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the Saturn 5 from that episode better. Funny how the moon rocket shared the same name.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

i like the Saturn 5 from that episode better. Funny how the moon rocket shared the same name.

You're thinking of a different episode. The "Jupiter 8" was in "Bread and Circuses."
You may be thinking of "Assignment: Earth."

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-31-2015).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Digging the boots.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could be, that was the beginning of the years I started frying brain cells.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg: Photochop?

Without a doubt. Look at the left front tire.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

This was photoshopped too?

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car appeared in an episode of Bewitched too. I happened to see the episode it was in the other day.
http://www.myrideisme.com/B...le-top-customs-cars/

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 02-01-2015).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

You're thinking of a different episode. The "Jupiter 8" was in "Bread and Circuses."
You may be thinking of "Assignment: Earth."

Get a life, would you, people?

I mean you, you look like you're thirty. Have you ever kissed a girl?

http://www.dailymotion.com/...magzq_get-a-life_fun

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 02-01-2015).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Per Harpie's Bizarre. the hot rod first appeared in the Bewitched episode "Super Car" as Darrin's dream car, given to him as a gift by his witchy mother-in-law, Endora. (Of course, Endora had stolen it.)

For many fans of Bewitched, "Super Car" is a classic script. In this episode, Endora attempts to make friends with Darrin and zaps up a fantastically modern sports car for him called the Reactor Mach II.

Darrin Reads about the Super Car in Car News Magazine

Darrin acts like a 10-year old boy on Christmas day when he sees his dream car become a reality. He prances around it and rattles off the statistics about its performance to a thoroughly unimpressed Endora and Samantha. They can't understand the attraction to a car, but to Darrin it is much, much more. After years of driving around in the Bewitched sponsor's Chevrolets, he is ready to zoom around in this sporty roadster

http://www.blastr.com/sites...mb-330x247-80134.jpg

Next, the car was dolled up, or rather kitted up, for its appearance in Batman as Catwoman Eartha Kitt's best accessory. The Kitty Car, complete with eyes, ears and a tail, appeared in the episode "The Joke's on Catwoman

It made a third and final appearance in the Star Trek episode "Bread and Circuses," where the car was given the name "Jupiter 8" and appeared in a television commercial. (We surmise that the above photo was taken during the filming of the episode.)

http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/supercar.htm

http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/supercar.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-01-2015).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Met him once at a car show in Phoenix. He was there along with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and the Phoenix Giants (triple A team).
Quite a line-up.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 02-01-2015).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a old auto body guide book out in the garage somewhere that has pictures of this car during it's building process.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Khw

11139 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Found it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 02-01-2015).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Still positive it's fake?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Found it.

Very cool!
I know all those pictures took a lot of work.
Thanx!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 02-01-2015).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

This was photoshopped too?

It doesn't appear to be. But the one Boonie posted appears to have been heavily edited.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-01-2015).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still positive it's fake?

The build was all fake. This entire post is the work of the aluminumnatti. (aluminum car and all that. )

Brad
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, it was all faked... like the moon landing.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Met him once at a car show in Phoenix. He was there along with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and the Phoenix Giants (triple A team).
Quite a line-up.

You could have had the entire cast of start trek there and I don't think I would have noticed.
I had quite the crush oun our mistress of the dark
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

You could have had the entire cast of start trek there and I don't think I would have noticed.

I always thought she looked better as herself than Elvira.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing wrong either way.
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

The build was all fake. This entire post is the work of the aluminumnatti. (aluminum car and all that. )

Brad

Well said! Bravo!!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always thought she looked better as herself than Elvira.

You are not wrong, I don't recall what movie it was but in the credits she was dancing without her makeup an wig.
Very sexy, she had a great pair of legs and ass that no one seem to notice. But as a leg and butt guy I noticed.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are not wrong, I don't recall what movie it was but in the credits she was dancing without her makeup an wig.
Very sexy, she had a great pair of legs and ass that no one seem to notice. But as a leg and butt guy I noticed.

Oh, we noticed.

Brad
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Her "non-mistress of the dark" name was Cassandra Peterson.
MAY NOT BE WORK OR FAMILY SAFE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-mpGP-86U

Click to show

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-02-2015).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Well said! Bravo!!

2nd that. Excellent, Fats; Obi wan has taught you well.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2015 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if you remember, but I did a write-up on the inception of the whole character sometime back:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-6-077458.html
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Oh, we noticed.

Brad

Quit noticing Jake's butt!

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 02-02-2015).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I don't know if you remember, but I did a write-up on the inception of the whole character sometime back:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-6-077458.html

Nope I remember Vampira, she wasnt as much fun as Elvira
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

MAY NOT BE WORK OR FAMILY SAFE!
Cassandra Peterson In Uncensored 1984 (Complete role)

Yogart has a whole new meaning now.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2015 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess you guys aren't interested in captain kirk anymore LOL
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2015 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Guess you guys aren't interested in captain kirk anymore LOL

Who

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock