Started on: 01-09-2015 06:00 PM
Replies: 19 (346 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 01-11-2015 12:58 AM
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife came home with a bag of ginger snaps. I love ginger snaps. Wish I didn't have a sinus infection so I could smell and taste them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like ginger snaps, and I like ginger ale. After all these years, I decided to start buying fresh ginger (weird looking things) and... I chop up a slice into little pieces and throw it into the coffee pot when I make a cup or two. It steeps in there while the coffee is brewing and sitting, and then I pour the coffee through a mesh strainer into my cup. I'm sure that sounds pretty strange, but this concoction tastes great (to me).
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If flying insects are most of your diet, ginger coffee has got to be a nice change.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

If flying insects are most of your diet, ginger coffee has got to be a nice change.

Some of the reddish-colored ones are really bitter!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the Ginger I was expecting but ok
Enjoy

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 01-09-2015).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick: I chop up a slice into little pieces and throw it into the coffee pot when I make a cup or two. It steeps in there while the coffee is brewing and sitting, and then I pour the coffee through a mesh strainer into my cup. I'm sure that sounds pretty strange, but this concoction tastes great (to me).

Actually, that sounds pretty good.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Not the Ginger I was expecting but ok
Enjoy

Ditto.
Ginger Snaps.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:
Wish I didn't have a sinus infection so I could smell and taste them.

Whiner !
You got ginger snaps. Good gawd man, do you always have to complain ? Linda comes home with "pleasings" ...
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at AR15.com and they were talking about ginger snaps on there, too. Someone said he liked Murray Brand Ginger Snaps with his coffee. That's also one of my favorites, only second to some that I can get at a local bakery.

Patrick, you mentioned ginger ale. I wish I could get some Red Rock Ginger Ale up to you. Made here in Atlanta and it's made with real ginger. Nothing like the Polar or Canada Dry offerings. It's difficult to drink w/o burning your nose.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I wish I could get some Red Rock Ginger Ale...It's difficult to drink w/o burning your nose.

Dang that sounds good!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick, you mentioned ginger ale. I wish I could get some Red Rock Ginger Ale up to you. Made here in Atlanta and it's made with real ginger. Nothing like the Polar or Canada Dry offerings. It's difficult to drink w/o burning your nose.

Is it marketed nationally (across the States) or is it only sold regionally?

If it's available across the country, I can check for it the next time I'm picking up car parts/eBay items across the border in Bellingham, WA.

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Dang that sounds good!!

Boonie, if you see it on the shelves down there let me know.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-09-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's more than just a local distribution. http://www.beveragesdirect....Rock-Ginger-Ale.aspx

You really, really don't want to burp this stuff through your nose unless you need to clear your sinuses.

A quote from an online shipper:

Red Rock Ginger Ale has been bottled in Atlanta, Georgia since 1885. "Just the right bite!". This classic ginger ale is still made the good old-fashioned way with pure cane sugar.

The caption above the logo reads "Just The Right Bite" ,and you can really taste the ginger. Thats because it contains real ginger in the flavoring. Some say you could classify this as a ginger beer since it has a spicy kick.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 01-09-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Red Rock Golden Ginger Ale

Odd... I noticed a certain ingredient missing.

Red Rock Ginger Ale Ingredients

Ingredients: Carbonated Water, 100% Pure Cane Sugar, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (As a Preservative), Caramel Color, Natural Flavor and Arificial Color (Yellow 6 and Red 40).

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my edit above. And according to the AR15 forum, coffee and ginger isn't such an unusual thing.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And according to the AR15 forum, coffee and ginger isn't such an unusual thing.

I suspect one or two of the other ingredients I use in my coffee (along with the ginger) are a little different - salt, cinnamon, baking soda... and turmeric.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sometimes add a little powdered ginger in my pancake/waffle batter--before I add the milk and egg.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Red Rock Ginger Ale sounds pretty good. But, we here in Michigan really like our Vernors Ginger Ale. It too has a bite and all of the other ones I have tried are wimpy. So maybe sometime I will get a chance to try the Red Rock Ginger Ale.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on down for the 20th Anniversary of Run For The Hills and I'll buy you a 6-pack. We have Vernors down here, too and the Red Rock is stronger. Patrick, the offer is made to you, too.

Red Rock is supposed to be sold by Kroger stores, which is based in Cincinnati, so it might be available up that way.

Ginger in pancakes sounds pretty good. I'll be trying that, soon.

Ginger naps with peanut butter on them is one of my favorite snacks, washed down with a Cola.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 01-10-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on down for the 20th Anniversary of Run For The Hills and I'll buy you a 6-pack. We have Vernors down here, too and the Red Rock is stronger. Patrick, the offer is made to you, too.

Thanks... but dang, that would be a long drive from here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-10-2015).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2015 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Kyoto Bowl restaurants in Phoenix have the red pickled ginger toppings you can put on the various rice bowls.
Love that stuff!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock