Started on: 12-04-2014 02:54 PM
Replies: 55 (672 views)
Last post by: dennis_6 on 12-20-2014 09:36 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW just wow....... not really surprised by this but am surprised it took this long

http://www.msn.com/en-us/mo...ar-BBgjXGo?ocid=iehp
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$15T of their output is cheap knockoff products and cell phones

(joking... well, sort of)
User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's only beginning. If something doesn't happen really dammed soon, we are doomed as a nation.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

It's only beginning. If something doesn't happen really dammed soon, we are doomed as a nation.

More likely China will adopt a bill of rights and similar constitution as ours albiet modified with government "RIGHTS" as well.
I imagine Gods lounging around a celestial palace discussing our fate.
Saying "Well ,Freedom doesn't work"

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

More likely China will adopt a bill of rights and similar constitution as ours albiet modified with government "RIGHTS" as well.
I imagine Gods lounging around a celestial palace discussing our fate.
Saying "Well ,Freedom doesn't work"

Freedom does, problem is people gave it up willingly long ago ( at least here )
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why? The US can be Nos. 2, 3, 4 or 5 and still not be doomed as a nation. The US didn't start out as No.1...

And you can have freedom without being an economic superpower, no problem. Belgium has freedom, Denmark has freedom, Iceland has freedom, heck, Malta has freedom!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 12-04-2014).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Why? The US can be Nos. 2, 3, 4 or 5 and still not be doomed as a nation. The US didn't start out as No.1...

And you can have freedom without being an economic superpower, no problem. Belgium has freedom, Denmark has freedom, Iceland has freedom, heck, Malta has freedom!

Your view on that comes as a foreigner. That is not how American citizens feel about it. At least the ones that even care anymore.

Besides, can you imagine your country of the world right now if Americans didn't have that kind of spirit 65 years ago?

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Companies will replace Countries. The concept of what a country is will remain, but it'll be an afterthought...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Besides, can you imagine your country of the world right now if Americans didn't have that kind of spirit 65 years ago?

It would probably be the No. 1 economic superpower....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why? It has limited resources.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe. Maybe you would have preferred that.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe. Maybe you would have preferred that.

Most definitely not. I despise nationalism/patriotism and militarism. I also prefer my mixed-race wife, thank you very much.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most definitely not. I despise nationalism/patriotism and militarism. I also prefer my mixed-race wife, thank you very much.

You write some strange **** .
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Why? It has limited resources.

Not in pokeyfiero's scenario...
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1 - As a natural citizen ( cant say native since my ancestors came from Wales ) i want to be #1.

2 - Its part of a downward trend, and i dont think it will stop until we are no better off ( or organzied ) as a modern 3rd world nation. And no, that wont happen in my lifetime, but i can still be concerned about it.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I browsed that report (first post here).

I think it is saying (accepting the IMF statistics as accurate) that the total value of materials, goods and services produced by China has surpassed that of the U.S.

What about that total value for China, and for the U.S. but divided by the number of people (China vs. U.S.)

Seems to me that would be a more meaningful index of how the U.S. is doing economically, compared to China.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1 - As a natural citizen ( cant say native since my ancestors came from Wales ) i want to be #1.

Why? Does that make you proud? If so, why? A better person? If so, why? More important? If so, why?
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why? Does that make you proud? If so, why? A better person? If so, why? More important? If so, why?

Not a better person, but i want the country i live in to be the best. I know you disagree with the idea, but i do believe in nationalism ( but not globalism ). A better country benefits all citizens. Nationalism works towards a better country.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is what Figured about you. I wasn't inferring only speculating given your opposing views.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Altruism.
The belief that our ideals are best and our power is best restrained by them.

As far as your last "why" I'd leave Freud out of it. It brings out your self superiority.

PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can lay this squarely at the feet of American corporations that have outsourced the production of as much as they can because of the cheap labor force in China and they also long ago managed to get "most favored nation" trading status for China so that the products outsourced by American companies could be shipped back here and sold stores like Wal Mart.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

You can lay this squarely at the feet of American corporations that have outsourced the production of as much as they can because of the cheap labor force in China and they also long ago managed to get "most favored nation" trading status for China so that the products outsourced by American companies could be shipped back here and sold stores like Wal Mart.

Its far too complex than that.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is what Figured about you. I wasn't inferring only speculating given your opposing views.

My opposing views? As in opposing yours or as in contradictory?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

You write some strange **** .

How so? Don't be so cryptic, express yourself! Go on!
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eh, not really though.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is hard to compete with a Chinese work force that is willing to sleep under their work station and work 6 or seven days a week 12 hours a day all for basically slave wages. I am sure some of you have heard about the catch nets that are in place in some factories such as one that makes I-phones. They were put in place to catch workers who have been jumping off the roof they are so stressed from working non-stop. If that is what it takes to claim number one I don't think I want any part of it.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My opposing views? As in opposing yours or as in contradictory?

Is it your practise to use pretense to implement some minor level of empowerment for yourself or do you really not understand my meaning by the simple context of this discourse?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003

It is hard to compete with a Chinese work force that is willing to sleep under their work station and work 6 or seven days a week 12 hours a day all for basically slave wages. I am sure some of you have heard about the catch nets that are in place in some factories such as one that makes I-phones. They were put in place to catch workers who have been jumping off the roof they are so stressed from working non-stop. If that is what it takes to claim number one I don't think I want any part of it.

I don't want to be part of that either.
I think our lack of pride in general in our country defines our business and politicians to go the route of greed over need.

Fairweather patriotism is the majority if there is any at all.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it your practise to use pretense to implement some minor level of empowerment for yourself or do you really not understand my meaning by the simple context of this discourse?

I didn't, that why I asked.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't, that why I asked.

Your opposing views not with your self.

PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry about it. Just think of all of those great Chinese products our children and grandchildren will be able to buy with their minimum wage/uneployment checks.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Don't worry about it. Just think of all of those great Chinese products our children and grandchildren will be able to buy with their minimum wage/uneployment checks.

@ $15/hr.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@ $15/hr.

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lts cool bro we got alien technology
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a better person, but i want the country i live in to be the best.

I have no idea why that would make any difference in anybody's life (other than helping to achieve a general and, on an individual level, mostly unfounded feeling of superiority).

Originally posted by User00013170:I know you disagree with the idea, but i do believe in nationalism ( but not globalism ). A better country benefits all citizens. Nationalism works towards a better country.

Yes, I strongly disagree. I think the best countries are built by the most unassuming people. Look at Scandinavia (in my opinion the best societies on the planet today): after having lived 6 months in Stockholm and met many people from Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, I had the impression that they didn't subscribe to nationalism very much. However, their countries work great. I think there's a connection...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Agreed +2. The only way out is to out-innovate them and/or build strong brands and charge premium prices to support premium wages. Every other strategy is doomed to fail IMO.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Chinese economy is showing signs of stumbling. Growing as large and as quickly as they have, it may have negative effects. Of course, what happens in China's economay has world-wide effects the same as when something happens to the U.S. economy.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave