Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  NVIDIA's Latest GPU Crams 4K Images On 1080p Displays!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
NVIDIA's Latest GPU Crams 4K Images On 1080p Displays! by Boondawg
Started on: 09-20-2014 12:45 AM
Replies: 8 (173 views)
Last post by: Rallaster on 09-20-2014 07:25 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2014 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new GeForce GTX 980:

The Lowdown:
http://www.engadget.com/201...A-Maxwell-flagships/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty cool card.. But at $550 a pop! I won't be upgrading my duel 680 setup anytime soon.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee, and I thought my 27" RCA glass television was good enough.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kids today and their fancy toys.

in my day..... and we were damned happy about it.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Kids today and their fancy toys.

in my day..... and we were damned happy about it.

I agree. How much more clear can you get video and why? Its really that important to try and surpass the clarity of the human eye when viewing something? Hell, I was happy with DOS games and block characters.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I agree. How much more clear can you get video and why? .

Well if you are pushing more than the display can actually do, it wont be any better, just a waste of energy ( and perhaps not as clear due to the interpolation that is happening.. )

I know a lot of people ( most likely myself too ) that cant tell the difference between high end HD and this 4k stuff... Sure its 'better' on paper but if you cant tell, so what..

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 09-20-2014).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Well if you are pushing more than the display can actually do, it wont be any better, just a waste of energy ( and perhaps not as clear due to the interpolation that is happening.. )

I know a lot of people ( most likely myself too ) that cant tell the difference between high end HD and this 4k stuff... Sure its 'better' on paper but if you cant tell, so what..

I work with TVs all day, and if FHD(1080p) or SD(below 1080p) is played on a UHD(4k) set I really can't tell a difference, but watching 4k content on a 4k set I can see a difference compared to 1080p content on a 1080p display. BUT, the biggest difference I see is GOOD motion smoothing on a quality panel.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock