Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Scotland stays with the UK but, would your state vote to stay with the US? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Scotland stays with the UK but, would your state vote to stay with the US? by blackrams
Started on: 09-19-2014 08:30 PM
Replies: 43 (479 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 09-25-2014 11:24 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 291
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:
Which country would be better off? Which country would have better employment and jobs? Which country would be safer? Which country would people from the other country try to sneak into? Can you imagine?

We can all imagine. You laid out a scenario. Let me refine it. Which side would you choose ?
Where would those with money go ?
To the tax and spend side, which frowns on those that succeed and wants to redistribute the wealth ?
To the side that hopes to govern with emotions, upon utopian beliefs ? Which enslaves their "subjects" with costly feebies (welfare). The same freebies which allows them "to control". Under the threat of the freebies being cut off.
To the side that kowtow's (kisses ass) to specific special interests groups to gain their support ?
The same side which paints those that disagree as the enemy, the party of "no" ? The "us or them" zealots.
The side which will not appear on opposition news interviews, and which derides the opposition news ?
The side which proclaims to advance tolerance but is intolerant ?

Or to the side which endorses we are in charge of our own fate, ie free ? The ones which believe you can build that.
Now, I do not have much to say that is good about the repulsivecans but the above is how this country started. I will have to admit that those with money early in our history very much influenced ... their wealth, but also shaped the union of the states. Of which, others built their wealth and surpassed those who were wealthier.

On the eve of such a dividing election, Nobama would go on national TV, scolding the states who wanted to leave, by telling them they didn't build their state, that it was because of national government.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,
While I appreciate your post, you're really wasting your time and efforts. Everyone knows the Blue States could not survive on their own. They just won't admit it.

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:
I don't disagree with much of what you posted but I see so much waste and corruption even at the local level that I don't think secession would affect that at all.

It would not. I just believe ridding ourselves of the federal bullzhit would be one or more less headaches to solve, not to mention the relieved aggravation. It would allow us to put more energy into solving local corruption, plus, make it less of an overwhelming problem to deal with, which should energize us.
Let me try an analogy. Your home is infested with cockroaches. (heh, cockroaches might make it a win, ) It got infested because little by little they spread/reproduced, with no eradication efforts, as at first it did not seem a problem. Now we need to tent bomb the home.

Originally posted by Csjag:
I'll give you a recent example of cronyism and waste at the local level: The small city of Apopka near Orlando Florida had recently fired their city manager who they had been paying $140k per year. This past week with 4 hours of public notice their city council met and awarded an employment contract to him giving him an $11k monthly pension plus an $11k monthly salary to be a lobbyist for the city. Last year the city of Ocala paid $50k to a local firm to study the feasibility of moving one of their fire stations to a lot they owned. A few months later they decided they didn't need to move the station after all. These are just two examples out of thousands nationwide.

That is shocking and I have to say believable. You could'a mentioned any number of examples, such as Chicago style politics, or even here in Texas, the Duke of Duval (look it up)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwClick Here to Email cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Cliff,
While I appreciate your post, you're really wasting your time and efforts. Everyone knows the Blue States could not survive on their own. They just won't admit it.

Ron(g) (wrong). They will just keep on plugging on. Next time it will be a different outcome. They just think it will be better.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 09-25-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock