Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Any Really Good Music Come Along Lately?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any Really Good Music Come Along Lately? by Boondawg
Started on: 09-06-2014 11:04 PM
Replies: 18 (262 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 09-08-2014 12:27 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything kickin' these days?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The youngin's might say so, the rest mostly think their era of music's the best...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

The youngin's might say so, the rest mostly think their era of music's the best...

No no, I try to stay open.
But it's gotta' grab me...even if I gotta' give it once or twice to do so.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd share with you my collection of rare recordings of me singin' in the shower, but I don't want no groupies.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I'd share with you my collection of rare recordings of me singin' in the shower, but I don't want no groupies.

And worship is getting really hard on my knees...
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give this gal a try, she has a real clean voice with decent vocal range. Rookie with downloadable free .mp3's which aren't bad quality. I grabbed a bunch, added some mid range and bass to them, and they sound really great:

http://www.reverbnation.com/alyona/songs
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

No no, I try to stay open.
But it's gotta' grab me...even if I gotta' give it once or twice to do so.

How about Armenian violin/orchestral music? Seriously.

I love to discover music from parts of the world that we don't usually hear anything from.

I really enjoy this...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you like folk, country, blues, rhythm and blues, rock and roll, or bluegrass ? Or rather a variation of any/all ?
Try Americana music. It is also referred to as Alternative Country and Country Rock. I, growing up with mostly rock-n-roll, enjoyed it immensely when it was broadcast over the air. (The station went to classic rock-n-roll.) I had even preferred it to the old tired classic powerhouse songs. So much that I went to see a few of the artists live.
It's been a few years but Ben Beckendorf was a favorite of mine, as well as groups such as Cross Canadian Ragweed. Steve Earle was another favorite. Look at the list of and you will see some familiar names such as Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, John Mellencamp, Neil Young, Lyle Lovett, and others. (Heh ... Ben Beckendorf and Cross Canadian Ragweed are not listed, , go figure.)
Try a listen to Cross Canadian Ragweed - Dimebag and Cross Canadian Ragweed - Sick and Tired. I wish I could remember the name of my favorite song of theirs.
Enjoy a selection of your own on XBOX Music

Try a listen to Ben Beckendorf's Voo Doo Moon, or his Low and Lonely single. Again, I can't remember his best hit/song.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Try a listen to Ben Beckendorf's Voo Doo Moon, or his Low and Lonely single. Again, I can't remember his best hit/song.

Wow, that's some really good stuff there! Thanks for posting.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original.

The version I prefer.

She is only 17 you pedos!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Anything kickin' these days?

No. Except for older bands/artists that are still around there has been nothing for a good 10+ years.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Not interested, but 16 is legal age of consent in many areas.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not new.

The gayest song I love. Just beautiful.

Just Okkerville

Always make me cry.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found these guys:

http://www.brotherstrut.com/videos
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look around YouTube for a band called The Black Keys. You might like them, or not... not sure. But they have a "1970s pop music" sound.

While you're at it, you might want to check out Jack White (formerly of The White Stripes) also. He has an unorthodox musical style that sometimes is pretty interesting.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 09-07-2014).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

No. Except for older bands/artists that are still around there has been nothing for a good 10+ years.

How about Rockabilly?

Same songs since 1956 and just like blues, the new stuff sounds exactly like the old.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

How about Rockabilly?

He did say *good* music.. *shudder*
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

The original.

The version I prefer.

I hate that younger people listen to that song, there are to many ways to take the lyrics and the way I've heard it interpreted by the high schoolers in my wife's English class is scary. She references a group that's she is aspiring to be the leader of, and she is fine without aspirations of bettering herself. Her people counting dollars on the way to the party is all that matters. You can interoperate it as a message off contentment if you want but others will go a different direction with it.

I'm stuck on weird al and he fixed royals, now when I hear the catchy tune and it's stuck in my head it's the foil version.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-08-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock