Started on: 09-06-2014 07:23 PM
Replies: 31 (496 views)
Last post by: Taijiguy on 09-20-2014 09:52 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post09-06-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else recently updated Chrome and now having speed issues? Was not a speed demon before, but now just changing between already opened tabs takes 7 seconds... and everything loads slow.

And no its not my machine, iceweasel and Konqueror are still fine, even when this POS is running.. And chrome wasn't *this* bad before the update. Going to have to stop using it.

( Debian x64.. Chrome v 37.0.2062.94 )
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have just installed the latest Chrome and all is working well, pages loading very quickly.. I am however in Europe though.

I have a 180 x 18 speeds package.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Operator error.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-06-2014 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Operator error.

I wish that was the case, then it would be fixable on my end.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-06-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Joseph:

I have just installed the latest Chrome and all is working well, pages loading very quickly.. I am however in Europe though.

Installed it on? And its not just raw load speed ( those speed tests wouldn't be the same, once they are going they pump data ), just moving between tabs is painful now.

EDIT: against my better judgement, i loaded a windows VM, and chrome inside it runs ok. so it must just be the build for Linux x64. grr oh well, ice-weasel it is for me until they fix it.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 09-06-2014).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Version 37.0.2062.103 m on Win7 Pro x64 on a Dell Vostro 131. Core i3 2310M, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD. No issues here beyond pre-existing hardware problems. Tab switching isn't instant, but it's in the ms range, not full seconds.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only problem I had after upgrading Chrome was with extensions.

Check those to see if any are causing your problem.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-06-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

Only problem I had after upgrading Chrome was with extensions.

Check those to see if any are causing your problem.

First thing i did was disable all the plugins and extensions ( forgot to mention that )

Ill just have to be patient. I wont be the only person with this problem. Perhaps the next build....

( update was ok on my android devices, but of course that is a different code base due to the different architecture ... )
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chrome hasnt been cool for 57 years
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

First thing i did was disable all the plugins and extensions ( forgot to mention that )

Ill just have to be patient. I wont be the only person with this problem. Perhaps the next build....

( update was ok on my android devices, but of course that is a different code base due to the different architecture ... )

Last Chrome update I did, it disabled most of my non-google-store extensions all on it's own.
bastages..

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Chrome hasnt been cool for 57 years

It's cool, just hiding in stainless steel now.
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm rrunning Version 37.0.2062.103 m, and have constant speed issues. Not sure if it's a crappy laptop, or Chrome. Firefox was way worse, so I'm staying with Chrome.

Brad
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem I have is with Adobe Shockwave crashing all the time. Supposedly an issue with it when using Chrome, but I have no idea what to do to fix it. Not sure it can be fixed.

Jim
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only thing Europe has gotten right.

Nurb all my machines are well. 30+ None on unix.

EDIT. Not accurate. None running a Linux variant. My unix based are Android.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 09-07-2014).]

gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
must just be a problem with debian x64 version. Im running 32 bit ubuntu on multiple computers and have had no recent issues like the ones described here.
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installed it on? And its not just raw load speed ( those speed tests wouldn't be the same, once they are going they pump data ), just moving between tabs is painful now.

EDIT: against my better judgement, i loaded a windows VM, and chrome inside it runs ok. so it must just be the build for Linux x64. grr oh well, ice-weasel it is for me until they fix it.

Working great on Windows 8.1 Professional 64b

However I'm having issues with a fresh Chrome install on Server 2012 R2 though. The tabs seem to freeze intermittently when switching between them and while viewing websites I cannot scroll without waiting for long pauses.. very odd.

I'm going to try the offline Chrome installer and see if that helps.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The tabs seem to freeze intermittently when switching between them and while viewing websites I cannot scroll without waiting for long pauses.. very odd.

I have this same issue.

Jim

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-07-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

However I'm having issues with a fresh Chrome install on Server 2012 R2 though. The tabs seem to freeze intermittently when switching between them and while viewing websites I cannot scroll without waiting for long pauses.. very odd.

Better description than i gave, but that's about the same thing i am getting.

Going to dig out my macbook here this afternoon and try it there too.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-07-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by gtjoe:

must just be a problem with debian x64 version. Im running 32 bit ubuntu on multiple computers and have had no recent issues like the ones described here.

Choosing x64 was a mistake on my part anyway, i could/should have stuck with 32 bit when i installed the OS. ( on this box i couldn't use FreeBSD due to no video drivers other than mesa, and an app i needed to run doesn't work correctly.. and did not want to do a VM ) Too much trouble to redo it.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried Chrome briefly on my computer (Linux Lite 2.0). I couldn't stand it. I thought it was slow and unreliable. It took me all of a couple hours to get back to Firefox.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss Opera.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-11-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well an update came out tonight.. its marginally better. Still too slow tho
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-11-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I miss Opera.

I miss grail and the *original* star office, back with it was still a commercial product ... ( it had an integrated browser, until Sun bought them out and opened it )
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The delay is caused by the government add-ins...
*adjusts his tinfoil hat*
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-11-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

The delay is caused by the government add-ins...
*adjusts his tinfoil hat*

Most likely i'm going to reload to 32 bit this weekend... going to be a real pain however. Figure 32 bit is better supported, even tho its 2014.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I miss grail and the *original* star office, back with it was still a commercial product ... ( it had an integrated browser, until Sun bought them out and opened it )

Netscape Navigator. lolol
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-12-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Netscape Navigator. lolol

No, i dont miss that.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-13-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went back to a 32 bit OS, it worked for about 10 minutes then locked solid. Freezes on restart every time. sooooo f-it. Went to chromium, which is an 'official' port and it works. ( sort of forgot that was out there.. )

need to try that on the 64 bit OS too..
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I downloaded the Dutch version of Chrome and all is well on my Windows 2012 Server now. If I return to U.S. English download, I again have the freezing issues.. very weird.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post09-20-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess the freeing on start for the new install was actually that it was downloading stuff from Google, but it of course doesn't tell you this, nor should it freeze while doing so...

Still too slow..
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I miss Opera.

Why do you miss it? It is still available. I am using it right now.
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dumped Firefox for Chrome just recently. Firefox has become a slug. Freezing and spontaneously shutting down. Been running Chrome for the last couple of weeks, it's much faster and more stable than Firefox has been recently.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock