Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Lung cancer fund to help my dad

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version


next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lung cancer fund to help my dad by Xerces_Blackthorne
Started on: 09-04-2014 01:10 AM
Replies: 9 (279 views)
Last post by: Xerces_Blackthorne on 09-08-2014 03:13 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to drop this here, I know I mentioned in my recent post that my dad is going through chemo for lung cancer. Since I'm stuck here in fork all Nebraska and he's 1500 miles away in PA, I can't do much to help, which bothers me (I'm the oldest of 3 boys, I should be doing something more...)

So here's the story: Dad went in about 4 months ago for a consult to have a disc in his neck removed and the bone fused. During the tests they found a hole in his left lung that looked like an abscess. Lung function was normal and they told him he could still do the surgery (the hole wasn't an issue), but that it may be better to wait because the tissue surrounding the hole in his lung didnt look right. They biopsied and found out it was cancerous, so they sent him for the PET scan. Its stage 4 lung cancer, with 2 other small tumors on his lungs. IIIRC they said non small cell cancer, but it is the type that tends to spread to the brain (hasn't yet, and hoping it doesn't).

They put him on chemo (originally 3 rounds every 5 weeks), first round didnt work. They put him on a different type of chemo (4 rounds every 5 weeks) and that didn't work. Now he's on his 3rd type of chemo (way more aggressive, but plant based from what I'm told, its fried his hair so bad he's been pulling handfuls out and its gone white). It's starting to take its toll on him physically and financially, he's been out of work now and is driving 4 hours round trip to do chemo (3 times every 4 weeks).

So here's my little contribution to try and help him out. I'd like to be able to hit the goal so he can come out here to visit at least (if he's up to travel), and also take some of the stress of the medical bills out of the picture. Anything raised above the goal will be split between helping with his expenses, and the other half will go towards helping another one of our members here on the board (his dad got diagnosed with lung cancer at the same time as mine).

http://www.gofundme.com/cts8ds

I don't expect you guys to donate, I know cash is tight for a lot of us. But if you know anyone who's gone through this and can get the word out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Brian

(and Cliff, if I'm out of line here with this post, please let me know)

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 09-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2.5
Member
Posts: 43166
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for your dad and his loved ones.
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 2.5:

Prayers for your dad and his loved ones.


Thanks, much appreciated
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever it was that kicked in, many thanks. Its definitely appreciated
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentle nudge to the top
IP: Logged
ls3mach
Member
Posts: 11508
From:
Registered: Mar 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'm usually "that guy", but given your previous reputation here, do you think people are going to contribute?

I am sorry if your dad is having problems, I can't imagine or relate. I do find it curious that you've resurfaced and now this though. I think I recall Gregory calling your debt a wash to him, but...


Aside from that. I hope you are doing well. I know you were suffering from depression and some other things. Hope you are back on your feet. Well wishes for your dad, but from one Atheist to a Satanist, what good are they? Or do Satanist believe in both devine and evil deity and you think I should wish him bad thoughts. Seriously I don't know. I honestly just hope the best for everyone.
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ls3mach:

I guess I'm usually "that guy", but given your previous reputation here, do you think people are going to contribute?

I am sorry if your dad is having problems, I can't imagine or relate. I do find it curious that you've resurfaced and now this though. I think I recall Gregory calling your debt a wash to him, but...


Aside from that. I hope you are doing well. I know you were suffering from depression and some other things. Hope you are back on your feet. Well wishes for your dad, but from one Atheist to a Satanist, what good are they? Or do Satanist believe in both devine and evil deity and you think I should wish him bad thoughts. Seriously I don't know. I honestly just hope the best for everyone.


Not expecting anyone to donate honestly. All I would like to ask is to get the word out. One doesn't know what will happen unless one tries, and it never hurts to try at least.

As far as the fund goes, I have no more involvement in it than starting the page. The money goes directly to a prepaid debit card that I don't control.

I'm not quite back on my feet, but in better position than I was a year ago. Still dealing with my own health problems, but at this point just don't care. Can't get the help I need from our medical system since I don't have insurance, and doctors wont see me without paying up front (which I don't make nearly enough for, can barely pay my rent). So I pretty much just said fark it all and if it kills me, oh well. But that's another discussion entirely...

A lot has changed. I went through a bit of a catharsis. The term Satanist for one no longer applies, among other things. Again, a completely different discussion.
IP: Logged
ls3mach
Member
Posts: 11508
From:
Registered: Mar 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:


Not expecting anyone to donate honestly. All I would like to ask is to get the word out. One doesn't know what will happen unless one tries, and it never hurts to try at least.

As far as the fund goes, I have no more involvement in it than starting the page. The money goes directly to a prepaid debit card that I don't control.

I'm not quite back on my feet, but in better position than I was a year ago. Still dealing with my own health problems, but at this point just don't care. Can't get the help I need from our medical system since I don't have insurance, and doctors wont see me without paying up front (which I don't make nearly enough for, can barely pay my rent). So I pretty much just said fark it all and if it kills me, oh well. But that's another discussion entirely...

A lot has changed. I went through a bit of a catharsis. The term Satanist for one no longer applies, among other things. Again, a completely different discussion.


I welcome your convenient return then.

I guess there are no satanist in fox holes?

Also consider me a skeptic. You have no control over the debit card, yet it seems the 2 pledges are from PFF...
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ls3mach:

Also consider me a skeptic. You have no control over the debit card, yet it seems the 2 pledges are from PFF...


Its your right to be a skeptic. However to clear up a misconception, both of the donations did not come from PFF. One of them was from my mom. As for the other donation, I suspect it came from PFF, but I do not know who. It very well could have come from facebook, as I have the link posted there as well.

 
quote
Originally posted by ls3mach:

I guess there are no satanist in fox holes?



Not sure what you are implying here...

Look, all I'm trying to do is help my dad out. Not start a flame war or argument, what have you.

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 09-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more nudge TTT
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock