Started on: 08-31-2014 12:34 AM
Replies: 23 (308 views)
Last post by: Khw on 09-02-2014 10:41 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Butter and Evaporated Milk (salt & pepper, of course), smashed, & mixed lumpy.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bake the potatoes, on the grill. Get em nice and toasty, crunchify the skin.

Then remove the skin from the meat of the potato. Set aside for awesome twice baked tator skins (I'd add some cheese.)

Mix potato in a pan with half and half, a little cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, butter, more butter, and chives. Mash with a hand masher.

Eat.

Brad

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Bake the potatoes, on the grill. Get em nice and toasty, crunchify the skin.

Then remove the skin from the meat of the potato. Set aside for awesome twice baked tator skins (I'd add some cheese.)

Mix potato in a pan with half and half, a little cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, butter, more butter, and chives. Mash with a hand masher.

Eat.

Brad

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mashed potatoes? you mean potato filling? (anyone who's been to amish country in PA will know what I'm talking about...)
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get Idahoan instant. I cant tell the difference from real and takes 2 minutes to make. I get extra buttery.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-31-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not worth the trouble to make it from scratch.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wife likes those, as long as it's the kind with no butter (she hates all dairy products--excpt ice cream).
I, can instantly (no pun intended) tell the difference between any instant and real potatoes and can sure tell when instant is used for or added to potato salad.
Having said I can tell the difference, I still like instant too--nothing wrong with 'em.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Wife likes those, as long as it's the kind with no butter (she hates all dairy products--excpt ice cream).
I, can instantly (no pun intended) tell the difference between any instant and real potatoes and can sure tell when instant is used for or added to potato salad.
Having said I can tell the difference, I still like instant too--nothing wrong with 'em.

I can tell too, but the difference isn't worth the effort. Hmm how can 'man' live without butter...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dunno, but I have made the mistake of buying microwave popcorn with 'extra butter' and heard about it for weeks--she doesn't even like the smell of it.
If she orders breakfast somewhere, she insists "NO Butter" on the toast.
In 20 years, I've never seen her drink a drop of milk of any kind--she eats Cheerios with SunnyD poured over them..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-31-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dunno, but I have made the mistake of buying microwave popcorn with 'extra butter' and heard about it for weeks--she doesn't even like the smell of it.
If she orders breakfast somewhere, she insists "NO Butter" on the toast.
In 20 years, I've never seen her drink a drop of milk of any kind--she eats Cheerios with SunnyD poured over them..

On a serous note: Hope shes taking D supplements or getting plenty of sunshine.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She does-- has more vits & mineral tablets than a health food store--keeps them in a big plastic partitioned box that she stole out of my big fishing tackle box.
But yes she also goes to the lake several times/week when not in school and lays around in the sun during the warm months.
Thanks for the concern--seriously.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red skin potatoes, garlic, milk and butter, hand mashed, and lumpy.

Jim

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I use instant whenever I make shepherds pie, but do love a good baked potato when Melanie makes them I will do like fats said but I am limited to how often I can do that FKN Heart condition. They wanted to send me to the local nursing home after I had my stroke in 04 and told them in no uncertain terms I was not dealing with the crap they call food at those places. The wife told the doctor,

" Forget it he would crawl the mile home before he would stay there !"

She is a great cook ! Right now I am eating one of her and Amanda's favorite snacks cheddar cheese with bacon on top, if I die now I will die a happy man !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-31-2014).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Idaho, butter, milk and a can of green chiles. Leave the skin on.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw an episode of Alton Brown that I can't find on YouTube, probably taken down for copyright reasons. He shows how to make the best mashed potatoes that I've ever had.

this sounds vaguely like the recipe. We also tried to make the potato gratin from that episode. That however, didn't turn out as well :P
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Saw an episode of Alton Brown that I can't find on YouTube, probably taken down for copyright reasons. He shows how to make the best mashed potatoes that I've ever had.

this sounds vaguely like the recipe. We also tried to make the potato gratin from that episode. That however, didn't turn out as well :P

Love Alton Brown. I "discovered" him a few months ago, and I'm not sure why he wasn't on my radar before.

Brad
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I make mine homestyle, with the peel on. Boil the potatoes, mash them by hand, add half/half and sour cream, then smooth out with an electric mixer.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fries
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every potato is a mashed potato to your stomach
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boiled potatoes. Add one stick of butter and add either a half or whole bar of cream cheese (depending on the amount) while the potatoes are still hot just after being strained. Salt. Pepper. Mash.

Creamiest potatoes ever.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife makes them with milk, sour cream, butter and salt/pepper.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock