Started on: 08-16-2014 11:05 PM
Replies: 85 (988 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Fan_88 on 09-03-2014 01:07 AM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too nerdy I guess, but...

I just like page 2 ownage!
IP: Logged
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

If you ever want some one to play with you can add me on Origin, I play a bit. Username is Ronnfizzle

Wow.
I now need new videocards.
Graphics in game is running on low settings and it's still a little choppy...
In Battlefield, I gotta' be extremely graphic....and smooth.

And I gotta' move to new apartments in the next month, so the money for graphics just ain't gonna' be there.
My old cards are pretty much maxed out, overclock-wise.
They're just too long in the tooth...

Think Boon, think...how you gonna' do this?

------------------
Motherboard - ASROCK Z87 Extreme 4
Processor - i5-4670k 3.4GHz @ T.B.D.
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 Watercooling
Memory - 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866
Videocards - Dual-EVGA GTX-275 896MB Superclocked
Powersupply - Corsair TX750watt @ Single 60amp 12v Rail
Monitor - Westinghouse 37" LCD
Soundcard - ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5930
Speakers - Aiwa 150 watt 2-Channel & Cyber Acoustics 100 watt 5.1 Surround Sound & Sennheiser HD-598 Headphones
Chassis - NZXT Phantom
Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-19-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
EVGA Presision Tuner or RivaTuner for videocard overclocking?

Videocards are twin EVGA GTX-275's
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Hmmm, does this guy want $240 for all 4?!!

You could probably sell 2 of those and STILL come out ahead!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AMD has always boasted BF4. Especially with the 290X launch with it included. 240 for a 280X isn't bad at all. I currently am sitting on 2 660ti and I pull 98-170fps online depending on how intensive it gets. I OC my gpu with MSI afterburner.

Once I get off work tonight I'm going to try and up the cpu cache to 4.6 or 4.7 being as I have .1vdc to play with yet.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I currently am sitting on 2 660ti and I pull 98-170fps online depending on how intensive it gets.

Give me those and I'll be your best friend for life!
This friend membership I speak of also includes among other things 1 free disappearance of the person of your choosing.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-19-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Give me those and I'll be your best friend for life!
This friend membership I speak of also includes among other things 1 free disappearance of the person of your choosing.

I'm pretty happy with them, especially since I bought the 2 cards used for $213 at my door from fleabay. I was able to find this earlier for ya boon.
http://www.guru3d.com/artic...erclock_guide,1.html

I'm about to preorder my new keyboard. I've been waiting for the Corsair K70 RGB since I saw it at CES in a LTT video. Newegg is taking preorders at $169.99 check it out.
http://www.newegg.com/Produ...23-816-022-_-Product

Will probably go with an M65 from corsair too for a mouse.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was able to find this earlier for ya boon.
http://www.guru3d.com/artic...erclock_guide,1.html

I'm running my 2-EVGA GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked's at the stock:

Core Clock Speed: 648 MHz
Memory Clock Speed: 2376 MHz
Shader Clock Speed: 1458 MHz

The overclock link you included managed:

Core Clock Speed: 743 MHz
Memory Clock Speed: 2564 MHz
Shader Clock Speed: 1605 MHz

I'm thinking my DX-10 limit and only 240 Processing Cores are my curse.
I'm thinking about selling a Kidney.
Or my testicles.............make some damn-good barge anchors!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-20-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, when overclocking, they get to 93 Celsius (199 Fahrenheit!) pretty quick.
And thems with cleaned fans & airways!

And they always have since I tried overclocking them on day one.
I guess the "Superclocked" really is about all they can do on their stock aircooling...
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking about selling a Kidney.
Or my testicles.............make some damn-good barge anchors!

Go now! Psycho demands it!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I only play at 1080P and I have Crysis 3 maxed out and get about 42FPS.
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice overclock~

I just bought Crysis 3, I'll see what sort of FPS I pull with everything maxed out.
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With everything on Very high and all settings maxed on 1080 I see 90 to 145FPS.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
>>>last 3 posts<<<

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-21-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph:

With everything on Very high and all settings maxed on 1080 I see 90 to 145FPS.

SLI 780ti if I remember correctly will do that.

Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep SLi'd 780 Ti's. These are the best scaling SLi'd cards I've had yet.

I like the build/theme you have.. very nice looking rig.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep SLi'd 780 Ti's. These are the best scaling SLi'd cards I've had yet.

I like the build/theme you have.. very nice looking rig.

Thank you. I installed a set of lights but they give off a very white light and so the blues don't match. Also the front cover LED's have already burned out. Opened a ticket with Bitfenix and going to see how they handle it, hopefully I get a new set of LED's.... If they don't do anything about it I'll order a set of Bitfenix alchemy LED's.

What kind of resolutions are you playing at? How do you like them? I wan't to replace my 660ti's (Place Holders) but they are doing really good for 1080p gaming and I'm not ready for the 4k leap. Still hesitant on buying a new 3440x1440 as LG keeps rolling out their new 21:9's every month now and they keep getting better and better.

Decided to play some BF4 last night, found out I could change my username so I changed it to Kyle86GT so all my handles are finally the same. Was in a match with some one and after killing them a few times they typed a message in the chat "I just got killed by a Fiero"... couldn't help but laugh.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bleh... We had a power outage last night and when the power came back on... My computer wouldn't reboot. Bye bye, Thermaltake 550 watt power supply. I spent my morning extending the wires on a 335 watt power supply I had sitting in the closet. It should get me by until I get get a better one ordered up. Off to search ebay, amazon and newegg. I can't believe they didn't put a fuse in the Thermaltake... I mean the 335 watt pulled power supply has one (pulled out of a e-machines). /sigh, And I liked that Thermaltake. It had the cable management wires so I only had to plug in what I needed. Ugh.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Bleh... We had a power outage last night and when the power came back on... My computer wouldn't reboot. Bye bye, Thermaltake 550 watt power supply. I spent my morning extending the wires on a 335 watt power supply I had sitting in the closet. It should get me by until I get get a better one ordered up. Off to search ebay, amazon and newegg. I can't believe they didn't put a fuse in the Thermaltake... I mean the 335 watt pulled power supply has one (pulled out of a e-machines). /sigh, And I liked that Thermaltake. It had the cable management wires so I only had to plug in what I needed. Ugh.

Corsair CX600M $70.Modular.
http://www.newegg.com/Produ...17-139-048-_-Product

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 08-23-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Decided to play some BF4 last night, found out I could change my username so I changed it to Kyle86GT so all my handles are finally the same.

I need to do that but haven't figured it out yet.
I was "NeedleMeat", but somehow I'm now "NeedleMeat666".
I guess it's the number of 'not quite the beast'.

Must have been my wife's doing...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-23-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need to do that but haven't figured it out yet.
I was "NeedleMeat", but somehow I'm now "NeedleMeat666".
I guess it's the number of 'not quite the beast'.

Must have been my wife's doing...

Open Origin; in top right click your profile; then select edit profile; under basic information select edit; answer your security question. Edit whatever you'd like.

BSOD today in a BF4 match on 8.1. Really inconvenient as there is no onboard software to read the dump file. Used a 3rd party and found out I'm getting:

BAD_POOL_HEADER caused by driver dxgkrnl.sys....

Hope its just a bad driver and not bad memory.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Open Origin; in top right click your profile; then select edit profile; under basic information select edit; answer your security question. Edit whatever you'd like.

Hope its just a bad driver and not bad memory.

Beauty!

P.S. Battle seems a little.....frantic now-a-days.....wow, these guys are brutal.
I didn't know I was supposed to get better in Battlefield 1, 2, & 3!

In chat, everyone my 30 seconds of gameplay.

The learning curve must look a lot like me watching pron.......standing on my head...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-23-2014).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beauty!

P.S. Battle seems a little.....frantic now-a-days.....wow, these guys are brutal.
I didn't know I was supposed to get better in Battlefield 1, 2, & 3!

In chat, everyone my 30 seconds of gameplay.

The learning curve must look a lot like me watching pron.......standing on my head...

Sounds about right, then again I did start at Bad company 2 so I'm already used to it. I did start at console though, these guys are a lot tougher. Every one is running some kind of macro. I'm only lvl 23 as I haven't played in a while. Right now if I have a bad game I'm usually 1:1. Sent you a friend request, if you want in any team death matches let me know.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-23-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sent you a friend request, if you want in any team death matches let me know.

Thanx, my friend!

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Corsair CX600M $70.Modular.
http://www.newegg.com/Produ...17-139-048-_-Product

I like the number of sata power ports that one has. I found a 750 watt dual 12 volt rail on e-bay that has 6 sata so it's a possible also. I have 6 sata ports on my mother board, 4 used currently, but am planning a 3 tb HD purchase around February for more storage of media since I am using my computer as a media server for our televisions in the house. I'll probably go with the corsair though because of the cable management it has that the e-bay one doesn't have. Really though, I'd like to just build a whole new rig. This one works good still and I don't do near as much gaming as I used to but still...

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 08-24-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In another system I have here at home I have a GTX-560.
Would Battlefield 4 do better with that single card over my 2 ~ GTX-275's in SLI?

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In another system I have here at home I have a GTX-560.
Would Battlefield 4 do better with that single card over my 2 ~ GTX-275's in SLI?

While the GTX 275 will offer more raw power, the 560 being DX11 compatable, GDDR5 Mem.
The GTX 560 should be able to achieve 40fps with medium settings.

I personally would run the GTX 560 as a main card then use one GTX 275 for PhysX
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I personally would run the GTX 560 as a main card then use one GTX 275 for PhysX

Very interesting possibility I was aware of but hadn't considered...
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very interesting possibility I was aware of but hadn't considered...

Do it to it noob.

Also to add you should be running Nvidia Geforce Experience 2.1.1 with driver 340.65. Use its "Optimization" to set your baseline as its pretty accurate/

Fully maxed out the 560 still managed 20fps AVG. So if you run 1080p with no AA, and mix between medium-high you should have a pretty solid experience.

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Fan_88 (edited 08-25-2014).]

Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In about a month the 800 series is supposed to release, might be some good deals to be had on the 700 series stuff.

I play at 1080 most of the time and try to attain as close to 144FPS and as stable as possible to match my 144Hz refresh rate. So in games like CS:GO I'll cap my FPS to 144 and it really helps my accuracy/shot registration. It's nice to be able to play most any game at it's highest settings and come close to high refresh rate.

I'm considering 5760 x 1080 with three monitors, but I don't like the bezel width.. would be a lot of dead space there. Tried some of the current 4k resolutions monitors out and it's great quality wise just to view.. but when you try to aim or anything it's like moving through mud feeling, very disappointed with that.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In about a month the 800 series is supposed to release, might be some good deals to be had on the 700 series stuff.

I play at 1080 most of the time and try to attain as close to 144FPS and as stable as possible to match my 144Hz refresh rate. So in games like CS:GO I'll cap my FPS to 144 and it really helps my accuracy/shot registration. It's nice to be able to play most any game at it's highest settings and come close to high refresh rate.

I'm considering 5760 x 1080 with three monitors, but I don't like the bezel width.. would be a lot of dead space there. Tried some of the current 4k resolutions monitors out and it's great quality wise just to view.. but when you try to aim or anything it's like moving through mud feeling, very disappointed with that.

I'm waiting on the new 880s personally, I would love the new Tonga GPU's but I want game-stream on my tablet so I'm on team green for now even though I'm AMD Bias. Instead of going with three monitors I think you'd be happy with LG's new 3440x1440 line of monitors, they look amazing. Even better is AOC is following suit but is coming out with their 3440X1440 with a 144hz refresh rate this year.

For the feeling muddy thing, what is the DPI of your mouse? Also what input were you using? HDMI causes a serious input lag on 4k compared to Display port. I know gigabyte brags about their 4k ready mouses that all are over 6k DPI.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm waiting on the new 880s personally, I would love the new Tonga GPU's but I want game-stream on my tablet so I'm on team green for now even though I'm AMD Bias. Instead of going with three monitors I think you'd be happy with LG's new 3440x1440 line of monitors, they look amazing. Even better is AOC is following suit but is coming out with their 3440X1440 with a 144hz refresh rate this year.

For the feeling muddy thing, what is the DPI of your mouse? Also what input were you using? HDMI causes a serious input lag on 4k compared to Display port. I know gigabyte brags about their 4k ready mouses that all are over 6k DPI.

Interesting!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-25-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Do it to it noob.

I think i'll test the theory.
Here are the 2-GTX-275 at DX10:

Now i'll install the single GTX-560 as the primary & a GTX-275 as the PhysX card and test the system at DX11.
Results to come...

Someone already did it, but posted no results.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
This would be a done deal if I didn't have to move in October.
First, last, & security.

I need every dime...

Two GTX-560's in SLI have GOT to be better then two GTX-275's in SLI!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here is the 3DMark Vantage DX10 test on 2-GTX-275's in SLI (DX10 cards):

Here is the 3DMark Vantage DX10 test on 1-GTX-560 (DX11 card) & 1-GTX-275 for PhysX (DX10 card):

And here is the 3DMark 11 DX11 test on 1-GTX-560 (DX11 card) & 1-GTX-275 for PhysX (DX10 card):

So, I guess the question is, what is the conversion rate for the scores on the tests between 3DMark 10 (DX10) & 3DMark 11 (DX11)?
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, here is the 3DMark Vantage DX10 test on 2-GTX-275's in SLI (DX10 cards):

Here is the 3DMark Vantage DX10 test on 1-GTX-560 (DX11 card) & 1-GTX-275 for PhysX (DX10 card):

So, I guess the question is, what is the conversion rate for the scores on the tests between 3DMark 10 (DX10) & 3DMark 11 (DX11)?

Looks right, like I posted earlier the SLI 275 setup will offer more raw power. There really is no conversion rate for 10 to 11 though.

However now that your own DX11 that i5 should come into play now...

Thanks to the proliferation of multi-core processors, DirectX 11 can now make true use of multi-threaded instructions. Instead of burying all of the DirectX calls in a single thread and thus hogging a single core, DirectX 11 can properly split work between the cores of the processor itself. Modern games have been surprisingly CPU-dependent, so this ability to take fuller advantage of modern processors can in turn help the graphics hardware perform.

Have you spun up BF4 and gave it a test run?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you spun up BF4 and gave it a test run?

Yes I have.
From what I could tell, slightly better frame rates, & slightly better graphics.
But I think I'm going to try to get me another GTX-560 and SLI them.

So until then, I decided to take the GTX-275's apart, clean & re-thermal grease them and then try another overclock.

The thermal paste was pretty-much cooked out of them:

I also have not yet overclocked my CPU or memory yet on this build.
Still running stock speeds on the CPU and only the stock motherboard speed on the memory.
The CPU should get to 4.5MHz on the liquid and the memory to at least the 1866 I paid for.
I just haven't touched any of it in the bios yet.

I guess it's about time to get that done...

------------------
Processor - i5-4670k 3.4GHz @ T.B.D.
Speakers - Aiwa 150 watt 2-Channel & Cyber Acoustics 100 watt 5.1 Surround Sound & Sennheiser HD-598 Headphones
Chassis - NZXT Phantom

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Ok, so I got the CPU running at 4.4MHz stable (so far), and the memory is running at it's full 1866MHz.

Going to go stress-test it in battlefield 4, then come back and try to overclock the videocards...

------------------
Processor - i5-4670k 3.4GHz @ 4.4GHz
Chassis - NZXT Phantom

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A quick benchmark after the CPU overclock and memory improvment:

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-26-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Stock Video Clocks

Coreclock: 648
Shaderclock: 1458
Memoryclock: 1188

New Video Overclocks

Coreclock: 744
Shaderclock: 1607
Memoryclock: 1284

Latest 3DMark Score