Started on: 08-11-2014 07:46 AM
Replies: 12 (218 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 08-12-2014 11:49 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woman on line ahead of me. She's buying a few things. A toy, some wrapping paper, and a card. The cashier asked her where the envelope is. She replied "I don't have enough money for that". The cashier replied "uhh, it comes with the card". The woman said "really? Can I get one now?" the cashier said "sure" and the lady went to get the envelope.

Is it possible she never bought a card before?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Woman on line ahead of me. She's buying a few things. A toy, some wrapping paper, and a card. The cashier asked her where the envelope is. She replied "I don't have enough money for that". The cashier replied "uhh, it comes with the card". The woman said "really? Can I get one now?" the cashier said "sure" and the lady went to get the envelope.

Must have been a college student !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was she "elderly"? (like me?)

There was a time young fella, when if you bought a greeting card at the 5 & dime store, you bought the card for one price and the envelopes were a separate purchase.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Was she "elderly"? (like me?)

There was a time young fella, when if you bought a greeting card at the 5 & dime store, you bought the card for one price and the envelopes were a separate purchase.

No body but you is that old Don !

Trees weren't even grown up then !

Paper wasn't even invented yet !

Steve
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Must have been a college student !

Steve

She was expecting the Union to provide envelopes.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was she a blonde?

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

zetabird

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey first time i ever bought a card i didnt know they came together, they were in separate places on the rack and nothing was tagged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amish?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

No body but you is that old Don !

Trees weren't even grown up then !

Paper wasn't even invented yet !

Steve

I'm damned near that old, and I don't remember buying cards, and having to buy the envelopes separately.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She looked like she was in her 50's.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is this "card" thing of which you speak ?
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Not sure about that lady but, as I sit here, I don't remember ever purchasing a "card" with or without an envelope.

That's what the wife does, not on my honey do list nor my bucket list, therefore. it ain't happening.

I do remember once being dragged along on some shopping trip, getting lost and spending some time in a aisle with thousands of cards. Apparently, they don't appreciate a person who has no intent on purchasing a card pulling them out of their slots, reading them and then putting them back where ever they seem to fit. I'm sure eventually that store manager will move on and the police report will be lost. Worked out well for me in the end, the wife can't take me in there any more.

Don't even ask about Victoria's Secret. I think that ban is nation wide.

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-12-2014).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They frowned on you trying on all the Victoria Secret merchandise did they??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock