Started on: 08-07-2014 09:28 AM
Replies: 5 (178 views)
Last post by: theBDub on 08-07-2014 01:30 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love these kinds of finds....notice the perforated soles on the shoes, and we still make and hype "breathable" footwear. We've come a long way in 700 years, eh?

http://worldtruth.tv/road-w...-to-look-inside-and/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't look a day over five hundred.

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did the article say that it would reveal mysteries from the Forbidden City...? She's nowhere near there.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Why did the article say that it would reveal mysteries from the Forbidden City...? She's nowhere near there.

Just because she wasn't found near the city doesn't mean her stuff didn't come from there...IE, if I am buried with even 10% of my crap, in 700 years it will reveal a lot about China, Taiwan and Hong Kong---and I've never been even CLOSE to there.

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Just because she wasn't found near the city doesn't mean her stuff didn't come from there...IE, if I am buried with even 10% of my crap, in 700 years it will reveal a lot about China, Taiwan and Hong Kong---and I've never been even CLOSE to there.

I learned something from looking at her shoes. They are virtually identical in design to the "jipsin" shoes Koreans wore in the 1950s and 1960s when I was a soldier there. Earlier Korean designs were made from rice straw but they looked nearly the same as the mummy's shoes.

Thanks for posting this.

Edited for clarification

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 08-07-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

There isn't really mystery about the Forbidden City. I've been there. The whole thing has detailed history all over it.

I think the author was just an idiot.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock