Started on: 08-04-2014 06:41 PM
Replies: 9 (275 views)
Last post by: LT188GT on 08-06-2014 10:29 PM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
turbotoad

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice cars but I could only handle 2 minutes of that damn Doo Wop crap music!!! Why do they insist on playing that ancient garbage throughout car shows when more than half of the cars are from the late 60's and 70's. And more and more are showing up from the 80's and even the 90's. Sorry, but that music hasn't been relivant to "driving" in over 50 years.....drives me F'n nuts.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks some nice cars and a few of my favorites.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That real early music does get annoying pretty quick, I can understand them playing some of it, but they need to break it up more. Best to watch the video and mute video audio and play your own music with this one.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

Nice cars but I could only handle 2 minutes of that damn Doo Wop crap music!!! Why do they insist on playing that ancient garbage throughout car shows when more than half of the cars are from the late 60's and 70's. And more and more are showing up from the 80's and even the 90's. Sorry, but that music hasn't been relivant to "driving" in over 50 years.....drives me F'n nuts.

Originally posted by California Kid:

That real early music does get annoying pretty quick, I can understand them playing some of it, but they need to break it up more. Best to watch the video and mute video audio and play your own music with this one.

Your concerns were noted and country music was added to this year's Hot August Nights.

http://www.rgj.com/story/ne...ck-streets/12884365/

The sounds of the 1950s and '60s will always be a part of Hot August Nights, but this year also brings an addition designed for the country fans. That would be Country Night at the Victorian Square stage on Aug. 1.

Country Night will be headlined by recording artist Darryl Worley, perhaps best known for his No. 1 hit, "Have You Forgotten," a post-9/11 anthem that spent seven weeks atop the Billboard Hot Country charts. Worley has also had No. 1 hits with "I Miss My Friend," and "Awful Beautiful Life," along with 18 songs that have made the top 40.

"It's about listening to our participants," Marini said about adding Country Night to the Hot August Nights lineup. "We have a lot of country music fans."

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 08-05-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think car shows try to play music of the muscle car era, decade that had music about cars then anything else. What other decade had more songs about muscle cars, driving and racing than the 60s? But I got to admit they did go over the top with many songs that had nothing to do with cars in that video.

Steve
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Click Here to Email avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else notice the Fiero in the beginning?
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Anyone else notice the Fiero in the beginning?

At about 4 minutes in?

Too bad about the wind noise in the camera mic, same problem I've been fighting. Anyone found a solution?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

At about 4 minutes in?

Too bad about the wind noise in the camera mic, same problem I've been fighting. Anyone found a solution?

At the very beginning there was a yellow one driving behind the person talking, in the first min or so. I think the one you are talking about was the red one.

Mike sock, they come in all shapes and sizes but are limited to just how much noise they can filter.

http://www.scansound.com/in...e-windscreens-1.html

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 08-05-2014).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTClick Here to Email LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a pic of the man that was in the video talking about the RED Fiero.
I noticed that the car has a Florida tag on it.

Jay is on the right and the pic was shot 10/17/04.

He saw my car at a show and stopped to ask me about it. As soon as he mentioned his name, I knew exactly who he was.
Back in 04, he told me that he still owned AND drove one.

[This message has been edited by LT188GT (edited 08-06-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock