Started on: 07-21-2014 01:23 PM
Replies: 13 (257 views)
Last post by: Jonesy on 07-22-2014 10:25 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fun starts at around 3:00 .....Yeh, I'd be pissed about a whip too.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about anybody else here, but after the first chewing/swatting, I would've been out of there.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They stayed inside that cage far longer than I would have.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never understood this form of entertainment. People can be so ignorant.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like one of them decided he has had enough and went ape sh!t. Kind of like what the American people are going to do when they have had enough of Obama and all the moochers.

Kevin
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I wouldn't say entertainment. Shocking, disbelief, yes.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

I wouldn't say entertainment. Shocking, disbelief, yes.

I meant the circus industry in general. Not the video. Sorry :/ I should have been more clear.

I don't understand the idea of a caged animal, performing tricks, being entertaining. & furthermore, when said wild animal can take it no longer, it's somehow out of control & put down.

It's like we (humans) want to tame that which can not be tamed, & when what will obviously happen does happen, it's unacceptable.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's like we (humans) want to tame that which can not be tamed, & when what will obviously happen does happen, it's unacceptable.

Human arrogance.. Not the first time its led to ones downfall.. Won't be the last.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is sad. It looked to me like the 2nd lion that came in was limping too.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know in the old days the lion tamers used to have a loaded pistol for when things like this happened, if you have ever seen the Jerry Lewis movie "The Ladies Man", in the trivia there was a tid bit about him carrying a loaded pistol.

"When Jerry Lewis did his scene with Baby (a.k.a. Zamba) he had a gun in his inside pocket for protection. "

"When Ralph Helfer, the owner and trainer of Zamba, found out that Jerry Lewis had a gun he completely loss control, got up into his face and yelled loud enough to stop everyone in earshot. Jerry had Ralph thrown off the set, and got him barred from working at the studio for six months until he was finished with this movie. "

http://www.imdb.com/title/t...a?ref_=ttfc_ql_trv_1

Zamba is the name of the lion who played baby in the movie, while he was as tame as a kitten, you never know what's going to happen when you have a wild animal working with glaring lights and all sorts of noises like in the case of this circus act !

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm...?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t93

Why anyone would work with an animal that could tear you head off with one simple swing of his paw claws or not without a deadly weapon at hands reach is beyond me. You can thank PETA for that, not allowing people who work with animals that dangerous having real powerful guns right on them at all times.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-22-2014).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I couldn't agree more. Something like this happens and they want to destroy the animal. If they had left it the hell alone where it was it wouldn't be an issue.

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Looks like one of them decided he has had enough and went ape sh!t. Kind of like what the American people are going to do when they have had enough of Obama and all the moochers.

Kevin

Wow! I admire how you managed to make this topic political, nicely done! (But I do agree...)
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Why anyone would work with an animal that could tear you head off with one simple swing of his paw claws or not without a deadly weapon at hands reach is beyond me.

Why does any of us work with humans who could snap and kill us at any time? We've all had that co-worker we were just waiting to see him (or her) snap and take somebody out. Or, that co-worker WE wanted to snap and take out.

You just have to know and trust the animals you're dealing with. Most of the times, I'd trust animals over people.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

You just have to know and trust the animals you're dealing with. Most of the times, I'd trust animals over people.

Ayup I do as well, but then I carry a gun most of the time when with ether.

Steve
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
Why anyone would work with an animal that could tear you head off with one simple swing of his paw claws or not without a deadly weapon at hands reach is beyond me. You can thank PETA for that, not allowing people who work with animals that dangerous having real powerful guns right on them at all times.

Steve

How about instead of carrying a gun to protect yourself from the wild animal who doesn't belong there to begin with, and just leave the freakin animals alone. Then you wouldn't have to worry about an animal that could tear your head off with a simple swing of its "paw claws"...

Again, human arrogance. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.. Or in this case, mess with the cat, and get the claws!.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock