Started on: 07-21-2014 12:05 PM
Replies: 4 (130 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 07-21-2014 08:46 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time I have ever seen a reference to this. Whatever it is... Over 2,000 lb-ft torque..? And 600 kilometers drive range?

http://www.foxnews.com/leis...-german-road-trials/

http://www.nanoflowcell.com/en#quant-technology

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-21-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive claims. But a definite lack of hard data on exactly what an "nano-Flowcell is.I'm really curious...
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much a fuel-cell, though I didn't see anything about what kind of fuel it uses. If they can figure out a "battery" from which you can replenish the electrolyte and the plates rather than recharge it yourself, we'll be well on our way.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Pretty much a fuel-cell, though I didn't see anything about what kind of fuel it uses. If they can figure out a "battery" from which you can replenish the electrolyte and the plates rather than recharge it yourself, we'll be well on our way.

A Hydrogen fuel cell already does that, although it's not a "battery" per se.
It sounds like this is a cross between battery and fuel cell. I'd like to know more. It's one thing to say it improves on Li-Ion batteries, but that's not hard to do. I'm almost betting it's just a marketing name for a fuel cell so people think it's new technology.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From another new report:

The company's promises have been bold, to say the least. The Quant is claimed to be capable of reaching 62 mph from a standstill in just 2.8 seconds, before topping out at 217 mph -- with a respectable range of 373 miles between charges.

The drivetrain does not use traditional battery cells, instead storing energy in oppositely-charged electrolyte solutions. The fluids are then pumped through a fuel-cell stack to produce electricity for the vehicle. The technology theoretically enables the liquids to be recharged within the vehicle, or drained and replaced with pre-charged fluid.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com...e.html#ixzz389amZI1h

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock