Started on: 07-04-2014 10:36 PM
Replies: 7 (100 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 07-05-2014 04:12 PM
Patrick's Dad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone doing this? The book is getting there, maybe five to eight more chapters, and I want to secure a domain and start building it as I enter the editing process.

For a while, I was hosting with internetpei (isthiswhereiputausername), but he has since gotten out of the biz. I did a search, and it looks like hookedonspeed was getting into hosting, but it sounded like he wasn't going to offer the types of things that would offer compatibility with Joomla! I've worked with Joomla! and Artisteer and have done OK with them, so I'll probably want to continue where I'm comfortable.

Moderate pricing is a plus. I have a boy entering college (scholarships accepted! ) in scant weeks, and the other three are still in private school.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use GoDaddy for our sites and it's cheap and easy to use.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a website I had purchased through Godaddy for 10 years a while back, and when it came time to renew they jacked the price up 8 times the original price. I didn't renew as it wasn't cost effective.

I'll never use them again and I don't recommend them to anyone.

Brad
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use bravesites. Free (for a small starter site), very easy to use, and upgrade to "pro" and domain hosting anytime.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm also using GoDaddy for my website now. I was previously using a free hosting service, but they disabled my account and deleted everything off their server (without warning) because I was generating too much traffic.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Linda uses Dreamhost for her jewelry page, and David uses it for his art page. A shared account ( you share server with other users ) is $8.95 a month.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-05-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been using bluehost for several years now. I used to be on Pair, even longer, ( and before that NetSol for DNS, and self hosted ) but wasn't using enough to warrant the extra $.

I have both my domain hosted there, and web hosting.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use GoDaddy. It has worked for the last 7 years for my business. We mostly just use it for email though as we aren't trying to sell things via the internet (prefer b2b).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock