Started on: 06-28-2014 09:12 PM
Replies: 37 (546 views)
Last post by: Hudini on 07-01-2014 11:25 AM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<rant>

Suck. As do the inconsiderate "people" ( loosely used term here ) that rattle our windows and terrify my dogs all day/night long.

</rant>
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I lived in town fireworks were only allowed during certain hours.

Brad
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Brad

The are here too, like 8am to 9pm. except holidays, then till midnight.

As it get closer to the 4th it gets worse to the point its almost 24/7 constantly.. and i have to pick remains of their crap out of my cars and yard. I'm waiting for one to burn my Fiero to the ground or burn the paint on one of the other cars.

Cops are busy trying, but its hard to find them when they light them in their doorway and go back in their house to hide. They also tend to aim them over other peoples houses, again, making it harder to track down who is doing it.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-28-2014).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brad

If I remember correctly, here they are allowed from 10am to 10pm 3 days before and 3 days after the 4th. On the 4th they are allowed from 10am to 12pm. We can have Class C fireworks and cake style areils that do not exceed 500 grams of powder in the areil burst or go more than 300 feet into the air. The same restrictions apply to Pioneer Day and New Years also. So no firecrackers, bottle rockets, mortars etc.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-28-2014).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand an evening of fireworks on, um...you know, the 4th of July but they started around here a week ago. Annoying as hell. Three years ago (when I move in), nobody would have thought to bother the neighborhood like that. Now, that kind of inconsiderateness is commonplace. ****ers. Sorry. I mean, darn mean people.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get off my lawn!
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I understand an evening of fireworks on, um...you know, the 4th of July but they started around here a week ago. Annoying as hell. Three years ago (when I move in), nobody would have thought to bother the neighborhood like that. Now, that kind of inconsiderateness is commonplace. ****ers. Sorry. I mean, darn mean people.

They never stop here.. it just slows down during 'off months'..

...and yes, people are getting more and more inconsiderate as time goes on. I know i would never dream of being an ass like that to my neighbors. Sure, celebrate our freedom, but dont abuse it by violating other's freedoms not to be harassed.

One other thing i disagreed with our previous governor about.. he made them 'legal' here...

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-28-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Get off my lawn!

Damned right!

Or 'get out of my sky'...
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PA it cannot leave the ground by its own propulsion, the only thing were allowed to have that shoots up is those air propellers... like that's gona stop me though, I requested a special haul to Indiana this weekend for fireworks.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

PA it cannot leave the ground by its own propulsion, the only thing were allowed to have that shoots up is those air propellers... like that's gona stop me though, I requested a special haul to Indiana this weekend for fireworks.

Even those simple 'spinners' have enough power to melt steel. None are safe. But at least those sort of things dont infringe into my space.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006
And here is an hour after the 'window' and its getting worse.

Grrr
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I blame China and Macau (formerly Portuguese Macau) in particular.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

They never stop here.. it just slows down during 'off months'..

...and yes, people are getting more and more inconsiderate as time goes on. I know i would never dream of being an ass like that to my neighbors. Sure, celebrate our freedom, but dont abuse it by violating other's freedoms not to be harassed.

One other thing i disagreed with our previous governor about.. he made them 'legal' here...

So, their unalienable pursuit of happiness is infringing upon yours.
Just wait till you can't mow your grass because a certain species woodpecker is screwing it's mate.
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where I live is probably 70% Mexican and its like a professional fireworks show July 4th around my house. Its a bad night for my poor Border Collie it really bothers him. A week before and after to a lesser extent, and some all year around. The police do nothing because Mexicans vote for Democrats.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... like that's gona stop me though,

Our good citizen award this week goes to . . .

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

So, their unalienable pursuit of happiness is infringing upon yours.
Just wait till you can't mow your grass because a certain species woodpecker is screwing it's mate.

Their right to "swing their fist stops when it contacts my face". In this case they are contacting my face, in effect.

Woodpeckers are part of nature.
aqua-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You don't have to go to Indiana for fireworks just to Maryland or Delaware. As long as you show an out of state drivers license, In MD or DE show a PA license, you can purchase almost anything you want from the border stores. Some even have small commercial displays.

Earl
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8 Vega:

Where I live is probably 70% Mexican and its like a professional fireworks show July 4th around my house. Its a bad night for my poor Border Collie it really bothers him. A week before and after to a lesser extent, and some all year around. The police do nothing because Mexicans vote for Democrats.

I know its not the same, but i'm ok with they yearly 'town' show. No, i dont like the noise, and yes it scares the dogs, but its out over one of the local bean fields ( so its safe ) and its got set start and stop times. I do understand its the holiday so i try to be reasonable ( unlike my neighbors ).

If i lived out in the country still, id also be a bit more "accommodating".. But i currently dont. Our houses are 20' apart on the sides..
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disturbing the peace is commonplace these days. Why, EVERYBODY likes fireworks, loud music or barking dogs at all hours & open headers / pipes don't they??

[This message has been edited by FrugalFiero (edited 06-29-2014).]

jetman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our law states day before, day of, day after 10 national holidays for anything with a report, spins or leaves the ground. I'm cool with that, usually do my little show with fountains and such, background music.

I will let bigger stuff go, but I usually respect my neighbors, keep things halfway sane.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't vote for him. If you remember, he was the one who screwed with our jobs/benefits/pay.

PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We live less than 1/2 mile, as the crow flies, from 2 moderately sized fireworks stores and they both set off aerials all the way to the legal cutoff time. It's far enough away that it doesn't bother the dog, but our windows are always open due to a lack of A/C so it bothers us. They're lighting them off over open parking lots, so the debris isn't a big deal, but the reports are annoying when we're trying to go to sleep.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't vote for him. If you remember, he was the one who screwed with our jobs/benefits/pay.

Right, it was just a general statement Some things i agreed with, others i didnt. This is one of those i disagreed with. ( another big one was closing most of the state hospitals and sending all those patients out into the streets to die, effectively. )

Selling off the toll road, i'm still mixed about... DST.. Stupid stupid stupid idea
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Rallaster:

We live less than 1/2 mile, as the crow flies, from 2 moderately sized fireworks stores and they both set off aerials all the way to the legal cutoff time. It's far enough away that it doesn't bother the dog, but our windows are always open due to a lack of A/C so it bothers us. They're lighting them off over open parking lots, so the debris isn't a big deal, but the reports are annoying when we're trying to go to sleep.

I have picked the remains of bottle rockets out of the vents in the Fiero ( and the back of the truck ). I cant safely leave my windows open in the driveway, to keep the heat down. I will end up with crap in the cars... and most likely a fire.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aqua-man:

You don't have to go to Indiana for fireworks just to Maryland or Delaware. As long as you show an out of state drivers license, In MD or DE show a PA license, you can purchase almost anything you want from the border stores. Some even have small commercial displays.

Earl

I've never had to show ID to get fireworks. What is that about?

Brad
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never had to show ID to get fireworks. What is that about?

Brad

Legally you do here. Now, do they follow the rules? That is a different question.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Selling off the toll road, i'm still mixed about... DST.. Stupid stupid stupid idea

C'mon. Mitch didn't sell off the toll road, he LEASED it..........for 99 YEARS! lol BTW, that was my arguement when he did that. I said, a 99 year lease is a sale. The Mitchites didn't agree with me. And I couldn't agree with you more on the daylight saving time thing. We were perfectly content NOT changing the clocks. Now, even after 5 (?) years, I'm either early or late twice a year. After he raped us, he appointed most of the board of directors at Purdue who then appointed him President. What a shock.

Time to get off my soapbox.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

C'mon. Mitch didn't sell off the toll road, he LEASED it..........for 99 YEARS! lol BTW, that was my arguement when he did that. I said, a 99 year lease is a sale. The Mitchites didn't agree with me. And I couldn't agree with you more on the daylight saving time thing. We were perfectly content NOT changing the clocks. Now, even after 5 (?) years, I'm either early or late twice a year. After he raped us, he appointed most of the board of directors at Purdue who then appointed him President. What a shock.

Time to get off my soapbox.

The excuse for DST was so we would be on the same time zone as 'the big city'.. well, we may be compared to NYC, but we are off from Chicago, which is closer... I still dont understand the true angle on that one.. with politics there always is one. ( but i guess we are getting away from the real topic so ill leave it at that )

"legalizing" real fireworks.. dont understand that one either. there really wasn't any money or 'favors' involved.. and it sort of came out of nowhere.. But it sailed thru, and while it wasn't 'great' in the past, it was tolerable.. now every moron that wants to can make an ass of himself....

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here nurb. All year round and around the 4th its a night of color in the sky from dusk to dawn. My two dogs are in the beds shaking all night. One even looses weight cause shes so scared she wont even eat. Ohio has similar laws as to what is legal. You go to the place and even with an Ohio id you sign a waive saying you are leaving the state and they sell it to you. Lets them off the liability saying i told them there illegal for use in Ohio. One idiot here shoots off during the same time as the bigger city shows. Its literally the city firework than his than the city than his. He keeps up all night.
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the people here with dogs would much rather see the fireworks go away but I'll toss this out to you anyways for what it's worth.

Check out the Thunder Shirt for dogs. I've got cats, the Thunder Shirt is a God send for me. It takes just a moment to put it on and nearly instantly my cat Jambi goes from version 9.6 down to version 4.1. Worth looking into, my humble opinion.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years ago we had a dog that went crazy when ever fireworks were going off or we had a thunder storm. Our vet told us to just give the poor baby a Bendryl. It worked to calm her down and we had no more problems.
PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Their right to "swing their fist stops when it contacts my face". In this case they are contacting my face, in effect.

Woodpeckers are part of nature.

I totally get your analogy but will mention that this perceived right stops long before their fist makes contact. Contrary to popular propaganda you do not have to wait to actually be hit to strike back.

Repeat, I do get your point though. The noise doesn't bother me as much as the fear my property will burn due to idiots.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetman:

I know the people here with dogs would much rather see the fireworks go away but I'll toss this out to you anyways for what it's worth.

Check out the Thunder Shirt for dogs. I've got cats, the Thunder Shirt is a God send for me. It takes just a moment to put it on and nearly instantly my cat Jambi goes from version 9.6 down to version 4.1. Worth looking into, my humble opinion.

Tried them on my small dog. No luck.

Older dog, hes going deaf so the problem will go away with him. Already he misses low level thunderstorms. The young dog, isn't terrified yet, but that last bout made her afraid.. With luck she wont get worse.

EDIT: Tried benedryl too... no luck with that either.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-30-2014).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Red88FF:

I totally get your analogy but will mention that this perceived right stops long before their fist makes contact. Contrary to popular propaganda you do not have to wait to actually be hit to strike back.

Repeat, I do get your point though. The noise doesn't bother me as much as the fear my property will burn due to idiots.

If i didnt have the dogs, id agree with you on the concern for fire would be more. But with 3 dogs and 5 cats ( and a 25 year old parrot, but he doesn't seem to give a damn ) ... their well being comes first.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even those simple 'spinners' have enough power to melt steel. None are safe. But at least those sort of things dont infringe into my space.

now granted im not going to be shooting them off in a high population area, tey are going to be shot off a dock and pretty much explode over a lake.

jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

now granted im not going to be shooting them off in a high population area, tey are going to be shot off a dock and pretty much explode over a lake.

Now that's totally cool, and it shows respect too. Man alive, I sure wish that someday I live on a lake, you know, get to shoot off big stuff again, do a real show, but in the mean time, i'll do the little stuff, taking into account the neighborhood I live in.

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If i didnt have the dogs, id agree with you on the concern for fire would be more. But with 3 dogs and 5 cats ( and a 25 year old parrot, but he doesn't seem to give a damn ) ... their well being comes first.

I can certainly understand your frustration with that. I didn't know you had so many critters around.

Brad
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Chinese New year. Sounds like WW3 for 10 friggin days. Everything echoes off the high-rise apartment buildings. I'm filming from the 14th floor balcony:

http://s160.photobucket.com...zps7a8e9d67.mp4.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock