Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  An ulta- complex ? about gun use (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An ulta- complex ? about gun use by Rickady88GT
Started on: 06-19-2014 01:38 PM
Replies: 291 (2211 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 07-02-2014 07:48 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I could say so much, but i did promise not to be an ass. Ill just leave it at this, and move on: You are clueless about the concept of rights. Our founding fathers would be ashamed.

Dont be like that, you said we have a right to nukes, biological and chemical weapons and then tried to put it on my shoulders to convince you otherwise.Now you are fuming?
I can listen to you, but can you listen to others?
IP: Logged
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Dont be like that, you said we have a right to nukes, biological and chemical weapons and then tried to put it on my shoulders to convince you otherwise.Now you are fuming?
I can listen to you, but can you listen to others?

Not fuming at all. Just showing restraint

You also said 'right to kill mass people'. That isn't what the 2nd amendment even talks about. It talks about the right to bear arms, not killing people.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not fuming at all. Just showing restraint

You also said 'right to kill mass people'. That isn't what the 2nd amendment even talks about. It talks about the right to bear arms, not killing people.

EXACTLY: and simple matter of deduction says we DO NOT have the right to own weapons who's sole purpose is mass murder.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EXACTLY: and simple matter of deduction says we DO NOT have the right to own weapons who's sole purpose is mass murder.

Again, you really dont get it. I also dont think you ever will. So no need to continue.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you provide an example of a weapon someone might find in a gun store that can ONLY be used for mass murder?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again, you really dont get it. I also dont think you ever will. So no need to continue.

OK, I can play this game. Convince me that we can commit acts of mass murder?
Then try to convince me the we can poses weapons of mass murder?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by Formula88:

Can you provide an example of a weapon someone might find in a gun store that can ONLY be used for mass murder?

Where can I buy nukes, biological and chemical "weapons" in America?
Outside of the stuff that is already there, I cant.
You answer this and I will answer your question?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 06-20-2014).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not up to me to prove or show you that we have the "right" to kill masses of people. I already know this IS NOT true.

This a VERY simple case of deduction. A weapon that only has one purpose (mass killing) IS not a right.
I would be up to YOU to convince me and others that the Constitution grants Americans the right to own possess weapons that have a sole purpose of killing indescriminatly masses of people.

We're on the same page here but it's that pesky "shall not be infringed" clause that is the problem. It gets tossed out there when someone doesn't want their arms ownership limited but it's conveniently ignored when they want to restrict others (felons, sixth-graders, Hawaiians.) It's both clear and vague depending on their personal wants. The supreme court has already decoupled the militia responsibility of possessing arms to the satisfaction of those that want guns but no obligation so why not decouple the infringement too. The 2nd amendment might as well be three separate sentences but for some odd and unknown reason it isn't. It's a mystery.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"With guns in the hands of the public, sure there will be tragedies, but without them there will be genocides."

-Unknown source-
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably the Sphinx in Mystery Men.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No such idea as WMD.
This is one of those things you just have use common sense. Besides,WMD can be argued to be defensive but they are only used in as offensive.

You can't actually use a nuke as defense. Deterrent is as close you going to get.

The 2nd Amendment exists as a way of defense.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

No such idea as WMD.
This is one of those things you just have use common sense. Besides,WMD can be argued to be defensive but they are only used in as offensive.

You can't actually use a nuke as defense. Deterrent is as close you going to get.

The 2nd Amendment exists as a way of defense.

This is as much of an opinion as any of yellowstones.
If you want to say the Constitution advocates mass murder then the proof of it's intentions are yours to provide.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 06-21-2014).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Murder is muder, wether it is one person or a milion people. The Constitution does NOT give us the RIGHT to do it, OR give us the tools to do it legally.
The Constitution grants us the RIGHT to protect our selfs and families.
WE DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KILL OTHERS FOR NO REASON.
IT IS SIMPLE REASONING THAT WE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN, POSES, OR USE WEAPONS OF MASS MURDER OR DESTRUCTION.
Simple for the sober thinker to understand. No legal experience needed. YOU JUST CANT KILL PEOPLE FOR FUN OR NO REASON.
Weapons of mass destruction DO exist and YOU dont have the "right" to own them OR use them.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 06-21-2014).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where can I buy nukes, biological and chemical "weapons" in America?
Outside of the stuff that is already there, I cant.
You answer this and I will answer your question?

You cant even answer him, how quaint.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fireboss

2248 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Ooo if I could get my hands on something like a good old reliable Mark 82 and placed near my congressman or senators and there family..

Yep that would be my DETERANT from subjectcation..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

You cant even answer him, how quaint.

I did give an answer.
IF, you did not understand it, I will gladly clarify my "quaint" opinion.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Ooo if I could get my hands on something like a good old reliable Mark 82 and placed near my congressman or senators and there family..

Yep that would be my DETERANT from subjectcation..

Threats of murder (premeditated assassination) of political officials AND their innocent family members on a public car forum? Nice move genius.
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one ever called me a genius,Thanks......

noticed you still haven't answered his simpe Question..
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one ever called me a genius,Thanks......

noticed you still haven't answered his simpe Question..

Ask,I can give an opion on just about anything.
Infact, on some days I have an opinion on EVERYTHING
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a former police officer and someone who dealt with real world realities of this issue, and not some lame brain left wing theory......these laws do NOTHING to prevent crime. Gun laws restrict only law abiding citizens, that is all. They have never prevented a shooting and will never prevent one. Even in countries where guns are outright banned, they still exist and are used in crime. Anyone who says differently lives in a fantasy world and is void of common sense. They are a waste of time.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2014 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

We're on the same page here but it's that pesky "shall not be infringed" clause that is the problem. It gets tossed out there when someone doesn't want their arms ownership limited but it's conveniently ignored when they want to restrict others (felons, sixth-graders, Hawaiians.) It's both clear and vague depending on their personal wants. The supreme court has already decoupled the militia responsibility of possessing arms to the satisfaction of those that want guns but no obligation so why not decouple the infringement too. The 2nd amendment might as well be three separate sentences but for some odd and unknown reason it isn't. It's a mystery.

That is why you should read the founders papers, to understand the intent.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU JUST CANT KILL PEOPLE FOR FUN OR NO REASON.

I dont think anyone was proposing this.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Murder is muder, wether it is one person or a milion people. The Constitution does NOT give us the RIGHT to do it, OR give us the tools to do it legally.
The Constitution grants us the RIGHT to protect our selfs and families.
WE DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO KILL OTHERS FOR NO REASON.
IT IS SIMPLE REASONING THAT WE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN, POSES, OR USE WEAPONS OF MASS MURDER OR DESTRUCTION.
Simple for the sober thinker to understand. No legal experience needed. YOU JUST CANT KILL PEOPLE FOR FUN OR NO REASON.
Weapons of mass destruction DO exist and YOU dont have the "right" to own them OR use them.

Don't confuse homicide with murder.
The Constitution doesn't "grant rights." It enumerates rights government is forbidden to restrict.
No one ever suggested the Constitution allows for killing without cause. This goes back to the homicide/murder difference.
As for the WMD red herring, there are many weapons people are not "allowed" to own by law, which has nothing to do with whether or not the Constitution specifically allows them or not. Without a SCOTUS ruling, any argument is little more than speculation.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-21-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Constitution doesn't "grant rights." It enumerates rights government is forbidden to restrict.

Either that is falling on deaf ears due to blind hatred of freedom, or decades of brainwashing has taken its toll and that concept is now beyond many.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is as much of an opinion as any of yellowstones.
If you want to say the Constitution advocates mass murder then the proof of it's intentions are yours to provide.

No it is not an opinion. It is a fact.
The 2nd does not grant any right to offend or defend. It simply protects MY RIGHT to defend.

NUKES have no defensive capability. They are wholly offensive. They destroy indiscriminately.
That is what a Weapon of mass destruction does.

The 2nd refers to Arms for defense by the common man,All men.
There are many instances were the architects state as much.

The right to be offensive can not be granted. No right can be granted ,only protected.

If some ****ing whack thinks he has the Right to have a nuke then thankfully the 2nd protects me to have arms to take him down.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 2nd does not grant any right to offend or defend. It simply protects MY RIGHT to defend.

NUKES have no defensive capability. They are wholly offensive. They destroy indiscriminately.

The right to be offensive can not be granted. No right can be granted ,only protected.

If some ****ing whack thinks he has the Right to have a nuke then thankfully the 2nd protects me to have arms to take him down.

Looks like we agree. Why are we debating?
We do not have the "right" to own WMD.
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nukes can be deployed defensively.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

But kill and maim totally innocent civilians and render land uninhabitable.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

I dont think anyone was proposing this.

The notion of owning WMD (nukes, biological and chemical weapons ) has been brought up as a Constitutional right. I clearly disagree with that notion. To use a WMD would be an act of randomly murdering people as a result of there horrible inaccuracy and mass destruction.
And BTW, explosives are illegal as well for the same reasons.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NickD3.4:

Deploy does not mean used.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-22-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And BTW, explosives are illegal as well for the same reasons.

Tell that to my grandfather who used TNT all the time on the farm. And for the record "explosives" are not illegal. Some classes are restricted, but the general idea of 'explosive' is not.

Plus no one here is talking about 'mass killing' of citizens as a hobby, the amendment is about defending yourself against an aggressor, primarily a tyrannical government. If you wipe out a standing army of this aggressor, its part of war, and the means to do so is protected.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tell that to my grandfather who used TNT all the time on the farm. And for the record "explosives" are not illegal. Some classes are restricted, but the general idea of 'explosive' is not.

Plus no one here is talking about 'mass killing' of citizens as a hobby, the amendment is about defending yourself against an aggressor, primarily a tyrannical government. If you wipe out a standing army of this aggressor, its part of war, and the means to do so is protected.

So are you saying we have the Constitutional right to wage war against the USA and unleash WMD on our own brothers, sisters and nuke gas and biocantaminate babies because YOU feel wronged by the Gov.
I disagree with you. We can own guns AND that right is not supposed to be infringed upon. We are also at war against terrorists who want to terrorize America with the threat of WMD
No grey area here, if you think you have the right to own biological and chemical weapons, then you should take this up with the Government when you try to flex your 2nd Amendment "right"to buy them.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like we agree. Why are we debating?
We do not have the "right" to own WMD.

No no no.

We have no protection for said right.

HUGE difference.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No no no.

We have no protection for said right.

HUGE difference.

Sorry, I dont understand your answer.
Protection, for a right?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Protection, for a right?

Someone help me please.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-22-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you saying we have the Constitutional right to wage war against the USA and unleash WMD on our own brothers, sisters and nuke gas and biocantaminate babies because YOU feel wronged by the Gov..

You **really** need to read up on our independence, and our founders writings that go along with it. Until this happens, continuing is really pointless as you are clearly clueless of what the Constitution stands for and why it exists in the first place. ( and this time i really am done, i came back and tried to explain it, but failed. Not going to expend any more energy on it. )

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 06-22-2014).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You **really** need to read up on our independence, and our founders writings that go along with it. Until this happens, continuing is really pointless as you are clearly clueless of what the Constitution stands for and why it exists in the first place. ( and this time i really am done, i came back and tried to explain it, but failed. Not going to expend any more energy on it. )

Are you saying that WMDs are illegally (unconstitutionally ) restricted and thus we have an oppressive Government?

If so, how exactly do you come to this reasoning?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post06-22-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you saying that WMDs are illegally (unconstitutionally ) restricted and thus we have an oppressive Government?

If so, how exactly do you come to this reasoning?

Please do as i suggested. Once you are done we can continue.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe that begins "When in the course of human events........."

it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

[b]We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

It is upon this foundation that this nation was founded.
It is UNALIENABLE, and for the largest part of the current (and past) population, it is and always has been---self evident.
Very very few, "don't get it".
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feel free to point out where you come to your conclusion.
To just tell me to go read, does nothing when I am in agreement with the Constitution and it's amendments, even though they are not perfect. I am secure knowing that on this issue, you have the misunderstanding.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock