Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Complete report of GMs internal investigation into the ignition switch problem

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Complete report of GMs internal investigation into the ignition switch problem by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-18-2014 05:53 PM
Replies: 8 (159 views)
Last post by: California Kid on 06-21-2014 10:17 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.nytimes.com/inte...report-doc.html?_r=0

325 pages long

with my memory I am never going to be able to catch and remember the important parts of it, so if you want to see it and read it how about giving me the highlights.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping you'd give us the highlights.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best Report Money Can Buy ! Smothered them with BS.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

I was hoping you'd give us the highlights.

With my memory, ya right !

I tried reading the summary and forgot all that.

Steve
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2014 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Best Report Money Can Buy ! Smothered them with BS.

Internal investigations and summaries, regardless of the entity or person being investigated, are worth only the paper upon which they are printed.
An outside investigation is ongoing, but I have little doubt, that had not congress and NHTSA gotten involved (as well as the news media) the now fired parties at fault would still be gainfully employed by GM. Even so, I have problems with the fact that the final decision is always left up to the CEO or other person in charge, regardless of any report or strong reccomendation made by congress, NHTSA or anyone else. The company, end the end, is still policing itself.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Internal investigations and summaries, regardless of the entity or person being investigated, are worth only the paper upon which they are printed.
An outside investigation is ongoing, but I have little doubt, that had not congress and NHTSA gotten involved (as well as the news media) the now fired parties at fault would still be gainfully employed by GM. Even so, I have problems with the fact that the final decision is always left up to the CEO or other person in charge, regardless of any report or strong reccomendation made by congress, NHTSA or anyone else. The company, end the end, is still policing itself.

Right or wrong, I would not want this Congress telling me how to run my business.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Interesting read:

http://www.businessweek.com...barra-faces-congress

You got to like that guy from the article you linked to.

"Kelley is third-generation GM. His father and grandfather worked for the company. A prized possession is a ring his grandĀ­father was given commemorating his participation in the famed Sit-Down Strike of 1936-37. In his driveway is a black Pontiac Fiero sports car that Kelley and his teenage son, Ryan, fixed up."

Also found this link about the recall history of all the manufacturers over the last 4 years, seems GM still isn't the top re-caller of problems even with all the recent recalls.

http://www.businessweek.com...and-other-automakers

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-21-2014).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

You got to like that guy from the article you linked to.

Steve

I believe I've actually met and talked with him at a couple GM Employee Car Shows, I don't forget faces, and his looks very familiar to me.

The article actually saddened me, because here was a guy doing the best job he could, trying to protect the Company he worked for. He had pride in trying build vehicles that Customers would be proud to own, building Owner Loyalty which just sells more cars. Instead of GM rewarding this guy, they ruined his Career and stuck him into a pigeon hole position, with no opportunity for any improvement (either for himself or the company).

The only thing that saved him from a worse fate, is that he was GM Direct Hire. If he had been a Contract Worker, like most are today, he'd been fired for what he tried to accomplish.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock