Started on: 06-17-2014 03:15 PM
Replies: 3 (223 views)
Last post by: carnut122 on 06-18-2014 09:04 AM
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My in-laws have a mid-late 2000's Buick Lacrosse. This weekend they were explaining an issue where if they are driving at night, turn on the high beams, and them turn them off the dash light and low beams then turn off. Obviously this is dangerous as you can't see the car at night then. They have to turn off the car and restart it to correc the issue. From a quick google search there seems to be simlair reports however I didn't see any solutions/root causes. I am unaware of any good Buick forums as owners are generally older and aren't as hands on.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mountainman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mountainmanSend a Private Message to mountainmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My mom had one. The headlights were so dim as to be unusable. Brand new car and they could not fix it. the only solution was to sell the car. Seriously. j
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, the headlights turn off after warming up? Headlight switches have a circuit breaker in them (at least they used to). It may be kicking out....

A little research shows that the #35 circuit breaker in the under-hood fuse box is a likely culprit.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock