Started on: 06-14-2014 03:49 PM
Replies: 12 (210 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 06-28-2014 09:59 PM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageClick Here to Email DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My poor poor s10 got smashed by a woman that had no buisness driving, her liscense should be revoked , her son told me its her 3rd accident she caused in a year

insurance called it a total loss which it wasnt, DAMN SHAME , whole new front end , cosmetic, and a radiator, i woulda kept it

anyways a friend is selling a Acura 3.5 for a good price, i would hate to go jap but my friend used to own the TL 5-inline and it was sweet. Opinions on the 3.5 RL?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there not bad... plenty of power.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageClick Here to Email DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no time to sit on the insurance money and find a good used car or I'm gonna lose my job. Got this car at an incredible price half the bluebook value from family friend, elderly man that had since day 1, original owner. Leather seats, all power, power seats, big ol' sunroof. Oh and the 3.5 has balls. The "oldschool" triptronic transmission is fun when your bored. 110k miles on a 99

Why if its front wheel drive, is the enigne not sideways?

who would wanna rice that car out?

[This message has been edited by DanDamage (edited 06-26-2014).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does it smell like? "Depends".

Glad you got that. One owner. Is always a plus.

Just an FYI, if driven by an old guy, you may not want to whomp on it. All those years of babying her may catch up on you if you race it. *experience young Padowan*
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageClick Here to Email DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
93 is gonna kill me ,why do foreign v6s require 91 octane or higher? Also fwd but engine isn't sideways - explain?
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Click Here to Email Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ra_RL#1996_.28KA9.29

The 3.5RL's longitudinally mounted V6 engine had its center-line mounted in-line with the car's axis, and not transversely (i.e., 90 degrees offset from the vehicle axis) like most other front-wheel-drive cars. This longitudinal placement allowed for a smaller turning radius and easy in-town maneuverability, as well as 56/44 front/rear weight distribution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...t-wheel-drive_layout
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageClick Here to Email DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owners manual says 91 octane or better. A buddy from Acura said 89 is fine. I just dont feel comfortable not following the manual
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageClick Here to Email DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owners manual says 91 octane or better. A buddy from Acura said 89 is fine. I just dont feel comfortable not following the manual
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

Bring a pillow. Pillow are comfortable.

How is she treating you?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even with 87 you might just feel some slight surging at WOT if they programmed the knock retard aggressively but you're not going to hurt anything. It will feel like it flattens out at high throttle.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll get worse gas mileage if it has to keep the timing retarded, but it should be smart enough to not kill it. Should.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

What does it smell like? "Depends".

Glad you got that. One owner. Is always a plus.

Just an FYI, if driven by an old guy, you may not want to whomp on it. All those years of babying her may catch up on you if you race it. *experience young Padowan*

I agree with this, my grandparents gave me a 1990 Honda accord that was babied its whole life, got it with 60K on it and by the time it had 90K it it ran like it had 900K on it....

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
89 should be ok in the winter but use mid grade in the summer.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock