Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Dumbest Things Ever Said at a Job Interview (Reader's Digest)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Dumbest Things Ever Said at a Job Interview (Reader's Digest) by 84fiero123
Started on: 06-12-2014 08:40 PM
Replies: 6 (428 views)
Last post by: TK on 06-13-2014 02:46 PM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny Interviews: Meet the Dumbest Job Applicants

Human resource pros share the worst things they've seen, from real candidates trying to get hired. Here's what not to do.

Also published in Reader's Digest Magazine April 2014

Read more: http://www.rd.com/slideshow...views/#ixzz34TWo4YMw

1 / 28

Took the edge off...with a drink.

"I swear this is true: Someone threw his beer can in the outside trash can before coming into the reception area."

Anonymous HR professional

A lot more at the link, some really funny things people have done at a job interview that they shouldn't have.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I interviewed someone once who, when asked why they wanted to work in my department, said "I just want to get my foot in the door. I really want to work in *different department."
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I once had one show up at the shop, with NO technical experience, NO technical education. torn jeans, dirty t-shirt, REEKED of dope. He dropped a hand-witten resume on the front counter and said "so, do I start now or in the morning"
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

LOL, I once had one show up at the shop, with NO technical experience, NO technical education. torn jeans, dirty t-shirt, REEKED of dope. He dropped a hand-witten resume on the front counter and said "so, do I start now or in the morning"

So how long have you been working there
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's head of a different department now.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was actually asked at an interviews why I wanted to work for the companys, I said.

"The money!"

At a job working construction I once said,

"The money's good, the scenery changes, and every once in a while you'll let me use explosives!"

Funny thing is, I actually got hired at both jobs,

I guess the interviewers both had a sense of humor as well.

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

LOL, I once had one show up at the shop, with torn jeans, dirty t-shirt, REEKED of dope. He dropped a resume on the front counter and said "so, do I start now or in the morning"

I did that once and got hired on the spot as well. Of course the owner smoked pot as well!

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-13-2014).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I was actually asked at an interviews why I wanted to work for the companys, I said.

"The money!"

Steve

I got asked this but from a different direction.

'What motivates you?"

Money

"Only money?"

It works really well. If we were all rich we wouldn't be here. If we won the lottery we would quit in two weeks. If you stop paying me I will stop working. I work for money. The more you pay me the harder I work. But what I do want is to enjoy how I earn that money. Feeling appreciated, being asked for my opinion, receiving praise when I do a good job, better opportunities when perform well - all of that goes towards me enjoying how I earn the money. But you can double my pay and dump all of that and I will be very happy.

I got a perplexed look, she stared at me for a second and said "That pretty much sums it up!" I got the job but she enjoyed telling me that I should expect less praise in the future every time I got a raise.

But that is the truth. I'm only in it for the money (Phase II of Lumpy Gravy.) I wouldn't personally recommend saying that though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock