Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
   Come explore 'The strangest secret' with me next month! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Come explore 'The strangest secret' with me next month! by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 05-27-2014 07:00 PM
Replies: 52 (781 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 12-15-2015 10:59 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets not confuse thinking about what could go wrong and being prepared. Thats the hardest goal of them all and one that mostly I feel I am alone in my pursued.
I hold no lofty goals but I don't have any that would harm anyone. We all strive to be successful in our environment, sometimes its more important to know and understand where you are than where you want to go.
Change isn't always bad and perhaps that is what it would take to reach a goal even if it is just to be happy. Hard to be happy when you have nothing to compare in your surroundings.

30 days of doing something that seems odd and wrong. 30 days to change 49 years worth of environmental impact. 30 days to dig out of a rut that feels as comfortable as your best friends arms.

Wake up, Jake.. The Matrix has you
The red pill awaits shall we see how deep this rabbit hole gets?
Operator. - I need an exit, fast

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world ... without you. A world without rules or controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
IP: Logged
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: What Jake said.

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

He said to have a goal that was positively identifiable as having been achieved. "Some" weight loss is not well defined. Gotta have a numer.

Good point. Remember though, this is your test. You make the definitions of your success.

"Gotta have a numer"? Is this something I should introduce to the bedroom?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-31-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once my wife asked me why I suggest sex so often. I told her it was a numbers game. Oddly, that answer satisfied her.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK I'm in see you in 30 if I stick with it.
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

You become what you think about.

I'm not a big fan of "motivational" tracts, but there has been a lot of experimental evidence accumulated in social psychology since the 1970s supporting the fundamental idea that the clearer your mental image of your goals the more likely you are to achieve them.

I'm still having trouble deciding on a specific goal (which in and of itself is revealing)but I'll figure it out ...

I'll contribute a short mnemonic about objectives that I picked up at a management conference 30 years ago and have found useful ever since:

Objectives should be SMART:
  • Specific
  • Measurable
  • Achievable
  • Realistic
  • Timely
It almost goes without saying that objectives should involve things in which you can directly affect the outcome. It does no good to set an objective that is outside the scope of your control. For example, you and I would probably agree that "World Peace" is an admirable objective, but it is hardly within the realm of direct control of most individuals; it also fails every one of the SMART criteria.

Once my wife asked me why I suggest sex so often.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 06-01-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my first day, I have been thinking about the program quite a bit. I still have not written out my notes from the recording or made my goal card but I have clearly defined what my goal is and have told several people about the program.

I also weighed myself and was happy to find that I had over-estimated my beginning weight. I was just 177 so there's one less pound to worry about! That plus the total consciousness I've been promised on my death bed are the two things that I have going for me right now!

So, obviously, day one - SUCCESS!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

As much as I am an optimist, I am also a realist.

-Me

I have the willpower of a house fly and the attention span of a squirrel on meth.

I'm not even joking, it took me the better part of a half hour to get this typed out.

Sounds like a logical goal, do good things that test and stretch your attention and willpower.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, 2 days in my website has gotten more views in 2 days then the past 4 weeks combined. It took 3 e-mails to do it, plus one hour of "finesse" editing.

I have also managed to go a LONG way to have ONE (not near all) of the criminals removed from from the board of directors of a trade asssociation. THAT just took one e-mail and GETTING OFF MY AZZ to do it. LOL, kinda limits THAT fraud artists chances at future victims. (Rumor knows what I am talkin about)----funny thing about that is I already know the director of the originization from back in my 20's. Back then he was mayor and on his way to a political career, and I was Assistant manager of an airfield on my way to an Aviation career. LMAO, niether of us made it past age 35 or so on our career paths.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5g2Pe08uc

I wanted to share that link with someone just now, and came back to this thread to get it, but now when I click it, I get:
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nightingale-Conant."
Waaaah!
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I wanted to share that link with someone just now, and came back to this thread to get it, but now when I click it, I get:
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nightingale-Conant."
Waaaah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCm0otCwQPo
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying top gather some moss together to make a mountain. or at least a little heap of moss.

Thanks for the thread-bump.

It's really not such a strange secret.

Just focus on your goal, and don't worry about all the other stuff, it's just distractions trying to get you to care about 'em...

Two quickies:

A reminder about the cave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69F7GhASOdM

TM doin' his thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSkC42WBGdw
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have decided my goal will be to get my weight down to 160lbs. I have wanted to be there for a long time and diet and exercise just have not been enough to make it. The closest I've been has been 168. Sadly, this is the number that SHOULD be my upper limit before I get serious about it.

Today is my last day of vacation so I'll be on the road. No more huge crab leg dinners to worry about! Not having my bathroom scales with me, I'm going to estimate my current weight at 178lbs.

Here we go!!

It took a bit more than 30 days but I never lost the desire to reach my goal. I weighed myself yesterday morning and it was 157.4 LBS. Now that I'm here, I can see it isn't enough. I'm going to continue my basic strategy that I have been using but I won't have to be quite so focused on it anymore. I re-started my self-induced shoulder rehab to try to regain my diminished range of motion and to eliminate the discomfort that I have in certain positions. When I'm back to 100% or I'm satisfied that I've improved as much as possible, I'll begin lifting weights again.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool- keep it up!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock