Started on: 05-20-2014 03:13 AM
Replies: 6 (278 views)
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 05-21-2014 11:03 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres a question those bring up to me. I know these are unsold, but do these show up on the manufacturers numbers of vehicles delivered, only implying they were sold. That would explain why they all advertise 'sales' (deliveries ?) are up, but your not seeing all these supposedly new cars on the streets. At least it used to be, that when cars were delivered to the dealer the manufacturer considered them 'sold', as the dealers had to pay for them thru their floor plans. That let the manufacturers say they were sold, but the dealers couldnt say the same till they sold them to a customer.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let em sit there and depreciate, maybe they will end up selling someday for what they are actually worth.
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannClick Here to Email cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the time they sell them they will be crap.
We work on many later model lease cars and if they are not driven at least once a month they start to degrade. Hung up calipers, rusted over rotors, sticking trans solenoids sticking vvt solenoids and so on. Unless they start to store them in a controlled environment(yeah right)they will be worthless in a few years.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 05-20-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much any car that sets for extended periods does all of that and more. I hear it from friends every spring when they get their cars out of the storage garage.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not trying to be the contrarian--just very trying, so says my better half--but I always check anything that seems a bit odd. Get on Google Earth and check out the location in the UK near the mouth of the Thames River that the author cited and you will see many, many cars but that appears to be an import or export facility. Google Earth has pretty good images from years past and the number of cars varies which tells me it could be a snapshot (duh!) of cars waiting to be moved to dealers or moved out of country.

There is a very similar car import lot on the Houston Ship Channel very near Loop 610 and you can see it as you drive south from IH 10. A casual observer might think it is a GM storage facility but actually it is a Toyota and Nissan import facility. I am not saying there is a huge conspiracy afoot but I am saying I don't the writer of the article used very good examples.

I got on the Google street view and they have 15 foot or more fences surrounding the "storage" lot.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 05-21-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock