Started on: 05-18-2014 10:46 AM
Replies: 35 (709 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 05-21-2014 09:24 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Watching my dad, I've noticed over the past 10 years, he has begun caring less and less about what people think. We were in DC a year ago, and he was walking between the trains going through the emergency doors. I was like... dad, you can't do that! And he just said... "Who cares! Goverdomma (means something bad in Dutch)"

Hahah
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to look that up... "godverdomme" apparently means "gosh darnit".

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-18-2014).]

yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I had to look that up... "godverdomme" apparently means "gosh darnit".

German would be "gottverdammt" (god damn it).

I think caring less what other people think of what one does, what one possesses and how one looks is one of the biggest advantages of getting older!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 05-18-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I think caring less what other people think of what one does, what one possesses and how one looks is one of the biggest advantages of getting older!

I am finding it kind of empty.
My whole life I've been trying to be "human".
I'm not sure I can do it...it's waaaaay too complicated.

No real steadfast rules to speak of, more an arrangement of perceptions.

Did I mention I have found NO benefit to getting old?
None.
No wisdom, no security, no peace of mind.

Hell, I'm more scared now then i've ever been...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-18-2014).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, guess I should scratch that response from my notes for my interview on Wednesday.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I don't give a fk"

Why should I ?

I have lived this long and survived and planted some people who were always so vain about what people thought of them that I don't think its really worth it. Care about what matters to You not what other people think of you.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

None.

None--Really?

I have to fight off women half my age and men half my age hold open doors for me.
Senior discounts everywhere.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None.

I don't know what to say here that wouldn't make you feel bad, but Just what you said is so abnormal I felt like quoting it.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
but Just what you said is so abnormal I felt like quoting it.

Either that, or I been lied to about how cool getting old is...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-18-2014).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe getting older isn't so bad - in light of the alternative.
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now someone saying how cool it is would be abnormal.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think being old beats the crap out my life as a youngun.
Get up when I want, do what I want, go where I want to, spend money like there's no tomorrow, (might not be) no kids to raise, no boss to contend with.
Yeah--it's cool.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get up when I want, do what I want, go where I want to, spend money like there's no tomorrow, (might not be) no kids to raise, no boss to contend with.
Yeah--it's cool.

Other than health I agree. But that is abnormal.

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bad thing about getting old is the cruel twist of nature, that as your knowledge to do things increases your ability to do them decreases.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None--Really?

I have to fight off women half my age

" I am not having a heart attack! Put the defibrillator down! "

You have been lied to about a lot of things. Just like the rest of us.

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 05-19-2014).]

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't for the life of me figure out why my daughter was pointing at me and laughing when she read that.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None--Really?

I have to fight off women half my age and men half my age hold open doors for me.

The people at Home Depot/Lowes/ Publix offer to help me load my vehicle. It's kind of funny to me. I bought gift cards at Publix and when they didn't offer to carry them to my car, I so badly wanted to give them a hard time. It was difficult biting my tongue.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Yeah--it's cool.

Only 201 more days at work and I'll be joining you-except for the no boss as I'm married. Maybe I better keep working?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny how things work out. There are times I wish I was twenty or thirty years younger so I could do ......................................... whatever. Then I remember that doing such things is what and why I'm in the shape I am now. As some one else once said, if I had known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

------------------
Ron
Count Down to A Better America: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/196044
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What really pisses me off is the one thing that is valued the most and means the least is that I can still get it up easy.
I'd rather be smart...
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in line at the local parts store and the lady in front of me was giving the young man at the counter a hard time. She kept getting louder and more rude until finally, she yelled out, "I want to see a manager!"
From behind the young man, the older store manager said, "You're looking at one. What can I help you with?"
She says, "I don't appreciate your attitude."
He replies, "I don't appreciate you being disrespectful to my employees, so we are even. You asked to see a manager, here I am. What is your problem?"
The woman explains that the clerk refused to make change for her $100 bill.
The manager just stared blankly at her for a moment and said, "Oh, I see. Here is what you can do- Walk over to any shelf in this store, pick up an item, bring it over here and pay for it with your $100 bill. We will gladly give you the correct amount of change for your purchase. If you are just looking for someone to break your hundred, you need to drive to a bank and they can do it for you. Since we are not a bank and you are not a customer, there is the door. You can show yourself out."
Everyone started laughing, she got even more angry and left. Afterward, I complimented him for standing up for his employees and he said, "I'm too old to put up with that kind of crap."
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What really pisses me off is the one thing that is valued the most and means the least is that I can still get it up easy.
I'd rather be smart...

The real test is whether or not you can get in and out of a Fiero easily.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which is fine with me. No senior discount and I would have to spend $10-12 on romantic dinners.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-6-081783.html

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None.

Its probly there, you are just percieving it wrong
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Its probly there, you are just percieving it wrong

It is possible.
Maybe even probable.

Validating perception is like trying to pinch Quicksilver between your fingers...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is possible.
Maybe even probable.

Validating perception is like trying to pinch Quicksilver between your fingers...

For sure. I guess it may come down to application. You could also just be a nervous fella, could even be your diet or lack of sleep. Try not to think to much about it and just live, a day at a time, yet looking forward to the future, thats kind of the trick.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Then you have folks like me who many times get nervous around people. I sort of just pretend I am not, I imagine them nervous...and it goes from there, many times, even well. I think I am still true to myself, just perhaps trying to experience and participate more.
Anyway could be unrelated but popped into my head.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd rather be smart...

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You said hired. I read it as hard. . Dyslexia adn all.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is possible.
Maybe even probable.

for someone who says they would rather be smart you have some of the most intelligent, thought provoking posts on here. This is just one more example.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None.

What are you trying to say ? That you are dumber than you ever have been ? We know better than that.
You don't find security in your gained abilities ?
Peace of mind ? Are you trying to say you are not confident ?
Perhaps you are not seeing what you should see, and seeing what you perceive.

To the topic ...
I have had that opinion, not giving a flying flip, since I was a young 'un. It works for me if I am honest with myself.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah--it's cool.

I'm enjoying a second childhood without adult supervivion"
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

for someone who says they would rather be smart you have some of the most intelligent, thought provoking posts on here. This is just one more example.

Maybe, but I REALLY have to work at it.
It sure don't come natural!
Not to mention I believe you would be hard-pressed to find another person around these parts that agreed with you on my......level of intelligence.....and there are a few really smart people here!

The world and all it's doings is really really big.
I pretty-much stay lost most of the time.

I suspect i'm just your kind of lost...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-21-2014).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I always like to read what Boonie writes. He never sounds like a rehash of what somebody just heard from one of the talking heads on TV or the radio.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
1. That you are dumber than you ever have been ?
2. You don't find security in your gained abilities ?
3. Are you trying to say you are not confident ?

1. In many ways, yes....Knowing more don't always make you smarter.
2. My memory is shot. Everyday I just go to work & figure it out.
3. I never have been. What I've been is brave....not quite the same thing, though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock