Started on: 05-11-2014 05:30 PM
Replies: 8 (236 views)
Last post by: naskie18 on 05-13-2014 09:11 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its called Double Up. If you lease a new Chrysler product now, you get a brand new same model next year on the same lease payments. You just bring this one in and take the new one. It guarantees no increase in payments.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't looked, but what happens if they don't make that model next year?

Brad
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad deal if you're into leasing. I've never leased a vehicle (and never will...I'd rather own a vehicle outright). As long as getting a new vehicle the 2nd year doesn't add another year to the lease, it's not bad. If all it does is add another year to the lease, you might as well wait until your lease is up and lease a new vehicle of your choosing.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that doesn't look to be a bad option, if you're into leasing. I put WAYYYYY too many miles on my vehicles to justify a lease. One of my g/f's friends only does leases, but she drives less than 3k miles/yr, too. I've been known to do that many miles in a month, and that wasn't even when I was OTR...
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dealership will just make the money elsewhere. every ding, dent, scratch, ect.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that option when I went looking at new Chargers. But I'd rather own one anyway.

I'd much rather own a 2nd gen Viper, though. At least if I'm getting 15mpg (which is what my RX8 pulls down), I'll have the power to get over it. Hard to argue with that much car for new Camry money..
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, leasing is not for everyone. Its nice for people who dont care about payments and like a new car every few years , and never having to pay for a repair. You have to be one of those that keep your car spotless and maintained. Yes they do hammer you for ANYthing when you turn one back in...except usually they dont bother if you get a new one from them. One downside is if you lease, you have to have written permission for any modifications. It nice to own something and eventually have no more payments....but then you also have to deal with trade in or trying to sell it when your done.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was totally against leasing until I had my son. I am now on my second lease (14 equinox), as long as he lives at home I will always have 1 reliable/safe car for him to be in. When we turned in the 11 Cruze it had less than 30k on it, the dealership bought the rest of the lease out, thus you don't get hit with those turn in fees (tires, dents, etc).

dan
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I saw that option when I went looking at new Chargers.

It looks like it only applies to Chargers and Challengers, at least from what I found in a brief google search.

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock