Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Special treat at work today.. Chinook landed on the front lawn.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Special treat at work today.. Chinook landed on the front lawn. by Purple86GT
Started on: 05-08-2014 10:20 PM
Replies: 30 (427 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 05-09-2014 10:43 PM
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! When I saw that first smaller chopper I was thinking "What?! That's not a Chinook...". lol
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome video! My office window overlooks Parliament Hill, guess I wasn't paying attention that day...
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Bro did you happen to get any hi res pictures? Especially some with the tail number? I just happen to do sub contract work for Boeing and we did the final completions on your first 2 "F" model Chinooks. The Canadian press came down and filmed the first flight and everything. It is quite possible that I actually turned wrenches on that very aircraft! We currently have the first to fly at our facility down here in Delaware. It's pretty cool seeing other people enjoy my work.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Here is "301" on its maiden flight.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Purple86GT:

Chinook landed on the front lawn.

At first I thought you were referring to a salmon (seriously!)... but you're on the wrong side of the country for a Chinook.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-09-2014).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Awesome video! My office window overlooks Parliament Hill, guess I wasn't paying attention that day...

I posted it the same day. It was yesterday May 8th and I believe the helicopter, tanks, APCS, etc.. are staying on the Hill for the weekend.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Purple86GT

1592 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Hey Bro did you happen to get any hi res pictures? Especially some with the tail number? I just happen to do sub contract work for Boeing and we did the final completions on your first 2 "F" model Chinooks. The Canadian press came down and filmed the first flight and everything. It is quite possible that I actually turned wrenches on that very aircraft! We currently have the first to fly at our facility down here in Delaware. It's pretty cool seeing other people enjoy my work.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Here is "301" on its maiden flight.

I have access to the Chinook, I can get up close and take some pictures. I'll post them this afternoon.

We were very lucky to be able to experience this. Parliament Hill is a very STRICT no fly zone. This was a one time special exception.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Purple86GT (edited 05-09-2014).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have access to the Chinook, I can get up close and take some pictures. I'll post them this afternoon.

We were very lucky to be able to experience this. Parliament Hill is a very STRICT no fly zone. This was a one time special exception.

Cheers!

Special exemption ? Bringing Shiela the Tequila ? .....oooppppsss, my bad, we use the yellow ones for that so the MP's can find them <bwhahahahahaha>

(The Canadians will get that one )

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go!

IMG not working.. hummm... here are the links:

https://www.facebook.com/ph...4760831&l=04a76e9dc3

https://www.facebook.com/ph...3040831&l=14f475e6c5

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you work with a guy named Dan who lives in London as part of your team by any chance ? (I wont put anymore details here)
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well thats 310 , not one we worked on here. We did 301 and 302. Midenginemaniac was that question directed at me? I do know a guy named Dan that is a crewmember for boeing and he works all over the globe but lives here in Delaware. Tall skinny guy with black hair.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So were they delivering hookers and beer or crack for your so called representatives?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, for Purple....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

So were they delivering hookers and beer or crack for your so called representatives?

Steve

I told ya, thats the yellow ones, they look like this.... . There is a REASON they are called "rescue" helicopters

The background on the joke is 2 parts...we have an MP named Shiela Copps, and back in the 90's one of the other MP's made a crack at her about "pass the tequila, Shiela" . At about the same time period she needed a ride back to Ottawa so interrupted an air show, commandeered one of those Chinooks and took a taxpayer-funded air-taxi back there. The rest has become a great joke. NOPE, Rob Ford is NOT an original.

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve

Wow... so much class...
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Purple86GT

1592 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

No, for Purple....

No one one on my team works off-site. This is in Ottawa.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I told ya, thats the yellow ones, they look like this.... . There is a REASON they are called "rescue" helicopters

The background on the joke is 2 parts...we have an MP named Shiela Copps, and back in the 90's one of the other MP's made a crack at her about "pass the tequila, Shiela" . At about the same time period she needed a ride back to Ottawa so interrupted an air show, commandeered one of those Chinooks and took a taxpayer-funded air-taxi back there. The rest has become a great joke. NOPE, Rob Ford is NOT an original.

That computer pic looks like the CH-147 Chinook in SAR colours but wasn't the SAR helicopter the CH113 Labrador? I think the Labrador was a smaller version but am not certain

Also the guy who cracked that quip about Shiela was good ol' Newfoundlander John Crosbie, he had many an awesome one liner.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one one on my team works off-site. This is in Ottawa.

you do, evidently

Steve
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is with all the maple syrup adds on the buildings?
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FriendGregory

4833 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Looks like a nice place to be. Thanks for showing us! You better looking than most Fiero people based on my mirror.
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you do, evidently

Steve

??? I work in Ottawa as well. :/
PFF
System Bot
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Looks like a nice place to be. Thanks for showing us! You better looking than most Fiero people based on my mirror.

ROTFL! Thanks! I think?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

You better looking than most Fiero people based on my mirror.

I don't think that's Eric (Purple86GT). If it is, he's kind of cute.

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don't think that's Eric (Purple86GT). If it is, he's kind of cute.

LOL! that is my wife.

I look good too! :P

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sez you !!!!!!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geez, how many glasses of wine had you wolfed down in that shot?
Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Geez, how many glasses of wine had you wolfed down in that shot?

LOL! That was my office x-mas party. Sooooo.. Lots of wine! :P
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a nice pic I took of part of the flyby today.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love my job!

http://www.facebook.com/pho...=2297420158450134366

That's pretty cool, do you work at RMC or something? The surroundings looke a little bit like Kingston.

Edit: Never mind... that picture you just posted looks nothing like near Fort Henry!

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-09-2014).]

Purple86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Here's a nice pic I took of part of the flyby today.

I thought that building (DND HQ) was mothballed.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought that building (DND HQ) was mothballed.

Yeah...we're all just squatting

NDHQ building is still full. The move to the Nortel building in Kanata could take years when it starts.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock