Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Supreme court strongly affirms Americans are free to pray! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Supreme court strongly affirms Americans are free to pray! by uhlanstan
Started on: 05-07-2014 09:10 PM
Replies: 93 (1017 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-12-2014 05:21 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I would say so as well. but, it is not up to me. and it is not up to you. if someone says they are a christian - thats it - they are christian. nothing anyone can do about it. you are not in the position to take away ANYONES religion. no matter how poorly they practice it. Which is in fact they very root of this thread.

Sure, it is up to God.
We are not blind though, the point is to know if their actions are Christian or not. Perhaps the person is and is just failing, but their racist actions are not Christian actions. Hence why I wrote it the way I did in my post.

There is plenty of instruction saying that we are to discern.
-
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them. Isaiah 8:20

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.1 John 4:1

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, [even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.1 Timothy Chapter 6 3-5

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matthew 10:16

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Matthew 7:16
IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
If they say they believe the Bible and Jesus, but do not, they are lying no?

no faith, eh? are you suggesting we need proof? proof that they believe in something unprovable?
tho, I must say, a Jesus-ometer would be a very entertaining, telling & endlessly useful tool. I would LOVE to see the results of a nationwide application.

as a stereotype - I 100% agree with what you are saying.
But I cannot stand and say what anyone else's religion is. one can only speak for ones self. and that is it. is there not but one judge of this? and not one of us will ever be able to report back what the verdict was?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no faith, eh? are you suggesting we need proof? proof that they believe in something unprovable?
tho, I must say, a Jesus-ometer would be a very entertaining, telling & endlessly useful tool. I would LOVE to see the results of a nationwide application.

as a stereotype - I 100% agree with what you are saying.
But I cannot stand and say what anyone else's religion is. one can only speak for ones self. and that is it. is there not but one judge of this? and not one of us will ever be able to report back what the verdict was?

Absolutely we are to use discernment.
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two comments regarding the thread title:
- No one ever questioned the right to pray. This was strictly about predominantly Christian prayer before a government meeting
- The court decision was as tight as it gets, that's hardly a strong affirmation

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as the people posing as Muslims are responsible for terrorism, people posing as Christians are responsible for the KKK.
Doesn't mean that all religious people, no matter their faith, are terrorists.

It would be refreshing to converse with people who had some clue of what they were talking about, you know, had actually studied history, religion, the sciences, etc., somewhere other than the internet......
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Just as the people posing as Muslims are responsible for terrorism, people posing as Christians are responsible for the KKK.

Bingo.
Anyone can claim they are anything they want.
But that don't excuse em'.

If you should judge a man at all, then judge him by his individual deeds.
Not what set he's claimin'.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Two comments regarding the thread title:
- No one ever questioned the right to pray. This was strictly about predominantly Christian prayer before a government meeting
- The court decision was as tight as it gets, that's hardly a strong affirmation

Exactly right. But blowing things out of proportion seams to go with their show.

It was close and a bad decision at that. I see no reason that they would have a "right" to take up public paid time, on public property, for a public display, just to pray.

I would be genuinely concerned if through law the government were actually attacking prayer, but I just don't see it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fixed it for ya. part of communication is to use accurate terms. Many folk - especially the Fox Kool-Aid Chuggers, thinking it be tea, probably do not know actual history - just what has been spoon fed to them.....Unless of course your intent is to mislead.

Yes - DEMOCRATS started the christian group, the KKK. Conservative Democrats. And, it is not up to ANYONE whether they are or are not "actual" christians. If they say they are - thats that - they are. There are very few - if only one - requirement to be a christian - and that is to say so. all else is unquantifiable BS. And them hippie dippey liberal republicans didnt know what to do.....

the very basics of the emotional problems which create racism are conservative in nature. but, now we are into another education required topic, beyond basic grade school history - so - if they cant get thru grade school - dont want to confuse them to much.....

oops - went on to long - it is Tea Time! get your Kool-Aid!

anyways - back on topic: YES. anyone should be able to pray. I do think there maybe inappropriate times. as in - dont use this as an excuse to not do your job or shirk responsibilities.

Nope, as I specifically stated... the organization was started strictly as a Democrat propaganda tool that USED Christianity specifically to try to sway people to support it. Everything about the KKK is anti-Christian, so what better way to get people on board than to insinuate that it's Christian-like to support it. In any case, Christianity was a mild piece of the KKK... it was mostly a political institution and they used the imagery of the Knights of Templar and the Crusades as a way to help gain Democrat support against the blacks, and against the Republican party.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Nope, as I specifically stated... the organization was started strictly as a Democrat propaganda tool that USED Christianity specifically to try to sway people to support it. Everything about the KKK is anti-Christian, so what better way to get people on board than to insinuate that it's Christian-like to support it. In any case, Christianity was a mild piece of the KKK... it was mostly a political institution and they used the imagery of the Knights of Templar and the Crusades as a way to help gain Democrat support against the blacks, and against the Republican party.

yes, imagine that. conservatives using bible propaganda to further their agenda.

but, it is cute that you try and mislead the fact that it was conservatives by saying democrats. clearly shows this is agenda driven, and not fact driven. and it is not up to you to declare someone elses religion.

no matter how you slice it - the KKK is a conservative christian group.

I can fully accept that they are not what I would consider "christian" - but - that is not up to me or you.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can fully accept that they are not what I would consider "christian" - but - that is not up to me or you.

I suppose you would make the same claims about Jim Jones, David Koresh, and others. And you would be wrong.
They are people who claimed to be Christian, but twisted the meaning around to suit their own agendas.

See: "Liars and False Prophets". We're up to our armpits in them.
They can call themselves whatever they like. They're wrong, too.
"Just because you go to church (or own a church) doesn't mean you're a christian. It's like sitting in the oven, and claiming you're a biscuit."

...but - that is not up to me or you.

If it were that cut and dried, it would make it really easy to further your agenda. But again, you're wrong.

You can call them whatever you want. I know in my mind who I consider to be Christians. You'd probably be surprised. And it's nobody's business but mine.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-12-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have your read my posts? You havent commented much opposing what they said, but you still end stating a contrary statement to them.
This is the circle these threads tend to have until someone just stops posting.
Then a few weeks later we start over as if the old threads never existed.

PFF
System Bot
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the circle these threads tend to have until someone just stops posting.

Good, you see it too, I was feeling a little Twilight Zoney! and nooooooooo not that new age Twilight that is so weirdly popular.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If it wasn't for deja vu, what could we look forward to?

Anyone for tennis?

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 05-12-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the song that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friends...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay