Started on: 05-01-2014 09:17 PM
Replies: 4 (100 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 05-03-2014 12:22 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I got a Kindle for my B-day back in Feb. and I cannot find where the books are stored that I already downloaded. When I plug the Kindle into my PC, there is a file system named Books. I click that, and there are two files, which I've read two books so far on a Kindle. Of course the files are not the name of the books, but are they the books? Or do you have to rebuy a book to read it again? If that is so, anyone wanna buy a Kindle?

Thanx,

Air-eek

edit: OOHHH! I think this kindle is a USB 3 and the icon for it to unplug from my PC does not show up where the other things I plug into a USB. Is it ok to just unplug it without going through all that hassle of going through the motions.

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 05-01-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't have to re-buy them, but you have to download them onto the device. You don't need to go searching for them in the file system, you just need to open the reader app and they should show up if you're logged in to your account and have the device synched.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

So syncing my computer will dl the books so I can keep my Kindle more free of space?

Thanx,

Ear-ick
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmm, I don't think so. You have to connect the Kindle to your Internet and log on to your Amazon account. When you open the reader program you'll be able to sych it with your library via Amazon. You can delete books off the Kindle, but have to re-download them to read them. I'm not sure what synching with a computer does exactly as it concerns the books, I'm pretty sure that's all handled through Amazon from one device to another.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just scrape a few filings off the side of the block and then strike the other side with your knife so the sparks fly into the pile then drop a few peace's of the kindling on top.

oops you mean the other kind,

I thought you meant this one,

http://www.harborfreight.co...e-starter-66560.html

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock