Started on: 05-01-2014 03:02 PM
Replies: 4 (194 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 05-02-2014 05:33 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figgured I'd start another dog thread, this one about amazing stuff dogs do that nobody ever trained them for.

I had one, a black lab/ collie/ shep that we got as a puppy (and I mean not even housebroken-yet-level puppy)

The was nothing "extraordinary" until I took up airsoft when she was about 3-4. BUT, as soon as she saw a gun in my hand, she would dis-arm me and go put it in another room then come back and sit there. It didn't matter if it was a pistol, smg, or long-gun she would jump up, take it out of my hands and disappear with it. Almost like saying "you cant have that". A ruler or level or anything similar in your hand brought no reaction, it had to be a gun. (YUP, we tried with different gun-shaped stuff and it didnt work)

Anybody watching would have sworn she was cop or military trained for disarming, but as we had had her from a pup that is not possible.

Anybody else have a dog do strange stuff like that without being trained ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dog must have belonged to Nancy Pelosi in its prior life.
(It makes me ill just to type her name!!)

One of my brothers had a white German shepherd that he got as a pup and it took to catching a Frisbees with little to no training. That might be more natural than disarming someone though.

Kevin
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine learned on his own how to get the margarine off the counter. My wife forgot something one day and I ran back into the house. I caught the little snot pushing a chair up to the counter. The part that amazed me was that he would put the chair back when he was done so we wouldn't know how he did it.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dogs memory amazes me. She is a shelter dog Gr Shep/Norwegian Elkhound.

She will drop a "toy" out on our 3 acres and two days later I can say get your shoe or whatever.
She thinks about it for 10-20 sec. and then runs off and comes back with it.
She also can figure out how to get to something if there are multiple way to get to it and a couple are blocked. She will try each one once until she finds the right one.
She also like to wash my ears while I'm laying under a car. All you can do is laugh.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when Melanie and I first started living together she gave me a white German Shepard that she got from someone who had locked her in their garage for the first 6 months of her life. she was my dog, she went fishing with me, went shooting with me, went everywhere with me. took us 6 more months to house train her. but she was my dog.
well Melanie would grab my hand and slap herself with it, really ask her she will tell you the same thing.

anyway she would slap Herself with my hand and say, "Nicky get the bad daddy."

Well the dam dog would grab me by the arm, never left any marks or broke the skin but she would grab my arm and pull it away from her mommy.

She was my dam dog, after we got her house trained if I took her out to go potty and told her Sh!t, she would crouch down and take a dump where ever she was almost instantly. but if Melanie took my arm and hit herself with my arm and said, "Bad daddy"

She would pull my arm away every dam time.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock