Started on: 04-30-2014 09:14 AM
Replies: 2 (188 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-30-2014 08:14 PM
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10-11 inches of rain, and some possibility of a little more. Lots of flooding, with attendant property damage. My daughter has an inch or so of water in the lowest room of her house, and says the Miata ended up with a couple of inches in it. Her yard has no slope at all. My son Stephen stayed at her place last night because by the time he got off work some of the roads back to his apartment were flooded.

The news reported the death of a 67 year old woman when her car was stuck in a low spot and filled with water, drowning her.

Linda didn't hear the report that schools would be closed today, so she got up at 4:30 as usual. She was ready for work when she saw the report on tv.

At least she and I don't have a water problem. We learned our lesson in 1975 when our yard stayed full of water all summer, so when we bought this place our priority was a visible slope.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you all are OK, it looks pretty bad up there. A girl I work with has a brother in Pace and here father is in Atmore. I hope they are OK, I will see her in about an hour.
Stay safe.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We heard 22 inches...
I'm happy that y'all are okay.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock