Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  IT'S OFFICIAL: 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Announced, Original Stars Returning (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
IT'S OFFICIAL: 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast Announced, Original Stars Returning by Gokart Mozart
Started on: 04-29-2014 01:38 PM
Replies: 54 (799 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 05-03-2014 12:51 AM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disney/Lucasfilm

It's official! After months of speculation, Disney and Lucasfilm have announced the cast for "Star Wars: Episode VII."

Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford will all reprise their roles as Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo in the film.

Joining them will be newcomer John Boyega, who will appear in FOX's upcoming "24: Live Another Day" miniseries; Oscar Isaac ("Inside Llewyn Davis"); and Adam Driver ("Girls").

Boyega was among the actors rumored for the lead in the sequel. Driver is expected to play the main antagonist. His character has been described to be "in the vein of iconic Darth Vader."

Previously, it was reported Peter Mayhew would return as Chewbacca. Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels will join him reprising their roles as R2-D2 and C-3PO, respectively.

Daniels let it slip last October he may return for "Episode VII" at New York Comic Con.

Not much is known about the film's plot; however, i t's rumored that Harrison Ford will have quite a large role .

Lucasfilm announced last week the new movies will deter from the expanded "Star Wars" universe. So, all the books, comics, and video games, cartoons, etc. that have been released since “Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi” that explain what happens after the film will have have little to no impact on the sequels and spin-off movies going forward.

"Star Wars: Episode VII" will be released December 18, 2015.

Here's the release:

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a very good cast. I can't find much on Daisy Ridley though.

I am excited!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford all look pretty rough these days, it's going to take a major make-up team....
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford all look pretty rough these days, it's going to take a major make-up team....

Harrison Ford looks fine but yes, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will need some gym time and a good makeup team.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

Link?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just can't get into this.

The sequels were bad. but I liked a few bits and pieces. A few 'bright' points. Maul, for instance. But I'm not one who goes into "expanded universes". To me, It dimishes the story and 'central" characters. Obviously, there's more going on in these universes, but there comes a point where too much elaboration just ruins the characters. because everything gets hyper-explained, and then there's a story behind everything. And when you read some of these stories...ugh -not everyone is actually THAT interesting in "real life". A character gets two seconds of screentime in the back corner, and they write 300 pages on him. And he saved the galaxy 3 times or whatever...and so many of them interacted with the main characters in "silly" ways...

And then they do things to make me hate even the few 'bright' points... like adding spider legs to Darth Maul (who survived that fall and being cut in half) *sighs*
Know what it is? It drives me crazy that folks know crap like the names of every pokemon and the names of all their forms, yet don't know half of the the 50 states. It USED to bother me that people play games like Angry Birds and whatnot, but people used to be more "busy" doing their jobs, so now, they have free time, and that fills it up.
It's actually a GOOD thing, cause it keeps them relatively quiet.

Sequels muck things up. Don't want to see the end of things. Would rather just have them preserved in that period of time, playing out their epic struggle of good vs evil.
and I KNOW, I can just choose NOT to watch them. but just knowing they are out there bothers me. Like making Greedo shoot first. BAH!!!!!!

-Big Fat Grumpy Geek
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So basically, the Timothy Zahn books are going to be completely ignored. That's too bad, because I would have liked to see them made into movies. I'm also not a fan of JJ Abrams. So I'm not expecting much from this new movie. Can you say "Christmas Special"? heh...

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 04-29-2014).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CGI
They will probably be greatly enhanced.
seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But no Billy Dee Williams.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm totally psyched... and I know that the old crew is totally busted looking now, but maybe that's the point? Maybe they are supposed to look old and grey?
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

So basically, the Timothy Zahn books are going to be completely ignored. That's too bad, because I would have liked to see them made into movies. I'm also not a fan of JJ Abrams. So I'm not expecting much from this new movie. Can you say "Christmas Special"? heh...

X2, in particular, I think JJ is waayyy overrated, disapprove of what he's done to Star Trek, worried about what's next.

Joe
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

X2, in particular, I think JJ is waayyy overrated, disapprove of what he's done to Star Trek, worried about what's next.

Joe

LENS FLARE. And lots of it.

All of that cast looks amazing. I'm just fearful of the atrocities JJ Abrams will throw at the Star Wars universe.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So basically, the Timothy Zahn books are going to be completely ignored. That's too bad, because I would have liked to see them made into movies.

I'm disappointed. I was really hoping for the Thrawn Trilogy on the big screen. Plus, it would have been fun to speculate who they would have cast as Mara Jade (Jennifer Lawrence perhaps?)

I'm also not a fan of JJ Abrams. So I'm not expecting much from this new movie. Can you say "Christmas Special"? heh...

Could be worse, they could have had Lucas direct again for two more hours of Jar-Jar Binks-like bullsh**.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-29-2014).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Could be worse, they could have had Lucas direct again for two more hours of Jar-Jar Binks-like bullsh**.

How rude!...
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How rude!...

Ooooh Misa one big Jamaican stereotype and the Japanese stereotypes are bombing yousa's city!

Hi, I'm Anakin and I'm super cute! Oh, and I destroyed the Japanese-stereotype's ship entirely by accident thereby negating any of the hype surrounding my supposedly awesome piloting and force skills.

[end movie]

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-29-2014).]

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ooooh Misa one big Jamaican stereotype and the Japanese stereotypes are bombing yousa's city!

Hi, I'm Anakin and I'm super cute! Oh, and I destroyed the Japanese-stereotype's ship entirely by accident thereby negating any of the hype surrounding my supposedly awesome piloting and force skills.

[end movie]

Somehow, I still see Abrams taking that, and just adding lens flare. :P

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy: Plus, it would have been fun to speculate who they would have cast as Mara Jade (Jennifer Lawrence perhaps?)

Jennifer Lawrence would ROCK as Mara Jade.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must be the only middle aged man in america that has never liked star wars movies (original and sequels), by the way the morning news had it all over the headlines, hell the Today show led of with the cast news. Everybody is giggety for this.

dan
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see this movie. That said, a petition needs to start to bring Mr. Colt 45 back to play Lando. How can you not bring back Lando?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Plus, it would have been fun to speculate who they would have cast as Mara Jade (Jennifer Lawrence perhaps?)

Given the age of the original cast, Mara would likely be older as well - at least in her 40s.
Patricia Tallman?
Rene Russo?
Deborah Unger?

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of you have anything to do in the real world? Ya'll do realize you're talking fiction here, right, not the end or beginning of civilization?

Now, if Kirstie Alley would be in the movie, that would be another story. ( Notice the sarc sign is above this line )

[This message has been edited by heybjorn (edited 04-30-2014).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Given the age of the original cast, Mara would likely be older as well - at least in her 40s.
Patricia Tallman?
Rene Russo?
Deborah Unger?

Well the Thrawn Trilogy takes place about 6 years or so after the original series so if they had done that series it would be assumed that they would recast with younger actors (Like Abrams did with Star Trek).
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well the Thrawn Trilogy takes place about 6 years or so after the original series so if they had done that series it would be assumed that they would recast with younger actors (Like Abrams did with Star Trek).

Agreed. If they were doing a different movie with a different cast, she would be a good pick.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JJ Abrams does use very noticeable lens flare... I always wonder why he keeps doing it. He has to know by now that people don't like it.

But otherwise I think he's a great choice. And I think the cast is strong. I have faith.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

JJ Abrams does use very noticeable lens flare... I always wonder why he keeps doing it. He has to know by now that people don't like it.

But otherwise I think he's a great choice. And I think the cast is strong. I have faith.

Because he thinks it's cool.
He made the Enteprise look like an Apple Store. I wonder how he'll envision the New Republic?
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He made the Enteprise look like an Apple Store. I wonder how he'll envision the New Republic?

Hopefully they haven't done a complete rebound since the Empire fell. I'd like to see some destruction left. After all, the Empire ruled for an entire generation and caused a lot of destruction. It's faster to destroy than create. I'd like to see the worlds farther away from everything turned into kind of outlaw towns as the Empire fell and all the Stormtroopers decided to take control of their own little sections. The Stormtroopers weren't all clones by then, right? I am pretty sure they took in new ranks by then. It would make sense to me and I think would be cool.

I just want to see a mix of new things being built on top of destruction. I want to see the history from the past 40-50 years.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.webpronews.com/m...rs-ep-7-plot-2014-04

Now that Star Wars aficionados have had their fix with Tuesday’s cast announcement for the much anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII, they are now clamoring for plot details.

Although the J.J. Abrams-directed film is held under tight wraps, they may not have to wait too long for those details. It looks like Mark Hamill may have blurted out some plot details in an interview with ETonline in February 2013.

“I’m assuming, because I haven’t talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring — like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke – the good news is there’s a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she’s your sister – I thought, ‘Well, I’m going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I’m going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.’”

Hamill said he hopes the new film will remain “old school” and maintain some of its original look.

“I said to George [Lucas] that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway. … I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings — I’m sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that’s unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it’ll be, ‘Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks,’” said Hamill.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Hopefully they haven't done a complete rebound since the Empire fell. I'd like to see some destruction left. After all, the Empire ruled for an entire generation and caused a lot of destruction. It's faster to destroy than create. I'd like to see the worlds farther away from everything turned into kind of outlaw towns as the Empire fell and all the Stormtroopers decided to take control of their own little sections. The Stormtroopers weren't all clones by then, right? I am pretty sure they took in new ranks by then. It would make sense to me and I think would be cool.

I just want to see a mix of new things being built on top of destruction. I want to see the history from the past 40-50 years.

True, but it has been 30 years. Look at Europe after WWII and how it had recovered by 1975.

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Although the J.J. Abrams-directed film is held under tight wraps, they may not have to wait too long for those details. It looks like Mark Hamill may have blurted out some plot details in an interview with ETonline in February 2013.

That's not really a spoiler. 30 years after ROTJ he would be the oldest known living Jedi. Unless there are others we don't know about, he was the "last of the Jedi." Seeing him in an old Jedi Master role seems a given.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 04-30-2014).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

True, but it has been 30 years. Look at Europe after WWII and how it had recovered by 1975.

Good point. I didn't think of that example.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88: Given the age of the original cast, Mara would likely be older as well - at least in her 40s.
Patricia Tallman?
Rene Russo?
Deborah Unger?

Uma Thurman
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uma Thurman

Has wierd toes and large feet
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

I must be the only middle aged man in america that has never liked star wars movies (original and sequels), by the way the morning news had it all over the headlines, hell the Today show led of with the cast news. Everybody is giggety for this.

dan

No, Dan, I'm right there with ya.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

dan

If ya didnt like them as a kid you probly wont now.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harrison Ford is 71 years old now. The Millennium Falcon will have a handicap placard hanging in the window, and will be flying around with it's left turn signal on.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Harrison Ford is 71 years old now. The Millennium Falcon will have a handicap placard hanging in the window, and will be flying around with it's left turn signal on.

oh man, how time flies

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The box office numbers support his "vision"... So, I could see Star Wars going in a new direction....
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The box office numbers support his "vision"... So, I could see Star Wars going in a new direction....

They sure do. The modern movie-goer isn't as discriminating. I hear he's replacing Twi'leks with glitter covered vampires to appeal to the new generation.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 05-01-2014).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:I hear he's replacing Twi'leks with glitter covered vampires to appeal to the new generation.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-01-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock